Skyvision DSR410 x4package deals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Are you sure about that Chuck? I have 2 GI 920's (battery dead in one) and they both have a Composite hook-up with an S-Video, but no Component hook-up. And no Digital Audio either. My GI 922 doesn't have Component either, but it has 2 @ Composite hook-ups with one S-Video and a Digital Audio. I would think they were all made the same?

Al

Al,

You're absolutely correct. I mispoke in my earlier post. I am using the composite hookup with S-Video. Sorry for the misinformation.

Chuck

I am going to try getting Del Jose, the president of Sky Vision on a future podcast so he can explain this exciting new option to us.

I've forgotten because it's been a while since I looked into 4DTV. Has anyone here from Canada ever subscribed through Skyvision? My recollection is that some providers allow it and others don't.

I take it that DSR410 doesn't do cband? If it does, can we get the guide from G15 and also add cband prog to the receiver.

IF not, any plans on addind a EPG hit from X4 or another source?

scott
Thats what I was wondering too. I guess what I am confused on is does it use the 4DTV channel mapping or the HITS mapping (they are 2 different things). If they use the HITS platform then there has to be an EPG as HITS does have a EPG.

If they use the 4DTV maps like the 920, 922 & 905 use then to get EPG you need to be on G1

....and if they use 4dtv maps, then the reciever either needs to be able to get C-band and can receive updates from G1, or they need a EPG 4dtv downlink on X4.

If its just the HITS map, I am curious how this receiver responds to 4dtv DCII signals. What about HITS programming off of Cband?
If they really want this to take off, they need a epg.

Looking forward to Skyvision's input

I wonder how the channel numbers are mapped. Does it use the 4D numbers or something dedicated to HITS? Since HITS 2 Home is suppose to use a cable line from the local cable company also, the EPG etc may be carried on the cable line and not sent over the bird.

What would be nice is if this would open up access to more HITS channels for us on the 4DTV also.

I am going to order the X4 package this weekend using my DSR410DS just to see how good the service is. I am wondering if both the DS and DNA DSR410 receivers are supported. I have a DSR-410-DS and just ordered a DSR-410-DNA from EBay last week. The guy had 20 working units in good condition for only $14 buy-now, so I couldn't resist.

When I spoke with Skyvision several months ago they told me that not only the DSR410 would be supported, but also other DCII receivers such as the DSR-401, DSR-405 and many others. Possibly even the VOOM receiver. I will find this out as well when I call to activate my programming.

I am going to order the X4 package this weekend using my DSR410DS just to see how good the service is. I am wondering if both the DS and DNA DSR410 receivers are supported. I have a DSR-410-DS and just ordered a DSR-410-DNA from EBay last week. The guy had 20 working units in good condition for only $14 buy-now, so I couldn't resist.

When I spoke with Skyvision several months ago they told me that not only the DSR410 would be supported, but also other DCII receivers such as the DSR-401, DSR-405 and many others. Possibly even the VOOM receiver. I will find this out as well when I call to activate my programming.

I think I must have ordered my DSR-410-DNA from the same guy on EBay today. Hope yours works, and mine does too with the X4 package.

I have a 922 that I have subscribed through an X4 package, but a second receiver would be nice, without that 4DTV receiver price!

Keep in mind these are DCII boards and the battery may need to be changed depending on the age of the boards, I do hope Skyvision has swapped battery's on the units they are selling.

Here's a link that does have some interesting info in it for setting up 410's:

http://www.motorola.com/mot/doc/5/5791_MotDoc.ppt

This may help if someone gets one off E-bay etc and want's to set it up. :)

Great Info! Thanks trvopro! I had given up on my 410 receiver, but that info has given me some ideas on things to try. After it stops raining, I'll be heading out to put a Standard LNB on my Ku dish instead of the Universal one I've got on there right now. I have a Starchoice 410 receiver here that I know does not have an outstanding balance.

As the one that started the "other" thread about the DSR-410, let me bring everyone up to date. Scott, Del at Skyvision is awaiting your contact for an interview, so get back to him at your earliest convenience.

Yes, the DSR-410 offered by Skyvision will have a programming guide in it, supplied via the HITS datastream. No need to have a C-band dish connected, and no plans at present to add that capability, because this receiver is designed just for single satellite reception on Ku-band. (Although Star Choice manages 2 satellites through the magic of 22 KHz switching).

Some bad news for those that did not see or heed my advice about E-Bay bargains on the DSR-410 receiver. Due to a mountain of unforseen problems, you will only be able authorize a Skyvision-supplied DSR-410 through this program. There are just too many issues with the time and expense of getting clearance from units of unknown origin, and if you ended up with one that did have account problems, it would be unable to be activated anyway.
So at this point, the only solution is to use Skyvision-supplied boxes.
(They're only 129.00 plus shipping). As a Skyvision exclusive on this programming package (NPS does not offer some of these channels), the programming guide is part of the deal.

If you choose to order a receiver from Skyvision, please do me a small favor and ask for Curt when placing the order...
and mention my name (Mike Kohl) as having referred you...it will score me
some brownie points and would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Excellent Mike,

I have his card here in front of me. I will contact him as soon as I have a technical glitch fixed (I am trying to get my mac so that I can record from Skype, so that its easier for me to do the interview and record it for broadcast.)

I guess this guide is not compatible with 4dtv? would be cool for those who can't see Galaxy-15.

This is pretty cool, if it goes well this may go on to something big for Skyvision and SRL, whatever happens I hope they keep picture quality in mind.

Yes, the DSR-410 offered by Skyvision will have a programming guide in it, supplied via the HITS datastream. No need to have a C-band dish connected, and no plans at present to add that capability, because this receiver is designed just for single satellite reception on Ku-band. (Although Star Choice manages 2 satellites through the magic of 22 KHz switching).

What about folks who are interested in subscribing but use existing GI/Motorola boxes (DSR-920, 922, etc.)? IS there any way to also receive the programming guide via the HITS datastream?

I merged the two threads :)

Chuck has an excellent point. I have a 905 that I would like to sub to but with no EPG I really don't want to

That would great to confirm this because I'd much rather have a DSR-405 with an S-video connector, even for a few extra bucks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts