Skyvision DSR410 x4package deals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
[FONT=&quot]The front panel signal indicator (next to the power button) must be green, to activate the unit. [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT][FONT=&quot]After Factory Default Reset, the default channel lineup has channels designed to lock to each HITS [/FONT][FONT=&quot]multiplex. We simply have to learn which channels to use. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT][FONT=&quot]This is also a good way to confirm basic signal integrity [/FONT][FONT=&quot]before[/FONT][FONT=&quot] authorization. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]•[/FONT][FONT=&quot]These default channels have no relationship with the channel lineup you and your customers will [/FONT][FONT=&quot]have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]after [/FONT][FONT=&quot]authorization. DSR470 and DSR410 will always default to channel 255, upon power up [/FONT][FONT=&quot]after the reset.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For [/FONT][FONT=&quot]DSR410, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]use the following channels: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]204…HITS 5 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]205…HITS 6* [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]206…HITS 11 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]207…HITS 15* [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]209…HITS 3* [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]210…HITS 2 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]211…HITS 1* [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]212…HITS 8 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]217…HITS 9* [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]218…HITS 10 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]223…HITS 13* [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]* Will [/FONT][FONT=&quot]not lock using stacked LNBs. Stacked LNB map is downloaded after authorization, using Vertical multiplexes. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Stacked LNBs are commonly found at sites using DSR410s or 305s as Analog Cable channel “headend” decoders.[/FONT]

Those specs probably only apply for a HITS setup, maybe Skyvision is different. While waiting for the 410 I was reading around the setup info out there. I found some interesting info about the Diagnostic Data screens too.

I have the idea the channel numbers are mapped differently than the 4DTV we are used to.

I sure wish I could find some kind of lnbf setting in the menu. Last night it tried to lock on 206 but could not pull it off. I know that with my 920 if I don't use 90* rotated on a LNBF I won't get signal. Tech support is no help they know very little about the 410's. I hate to use the RMA only to find out there is a setting I am missing. So close and yet so far. Corado I hope you get yours soon so we can compare notes. I can't even slave it off of my 920 because I cannot get it mapped.Next week at his time I should have my 922 then I can test things out better.

I am going to try getting Del Jose, the president of Sky Vision on a future podcast so he can explain this exciting new option to us.
Scott,

Good interview on the podcast. If you speak to Mr. Jose again, would you ask him about future receivers? The group of receivers they were able to pick up will eventually be depleted (hopefully soon!). I would like to know what they plan to do beyond that time. Specifically, I see a need/market for DVR capability. I don't know much about their encryption and access technology, but would think a "standard" KU receiver with subscriber capability would offer the most growth opportunity.

Thanks again for a great interview! I am now working on my Echostar exit strategy... :D

Cheers,
Red

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I was able to subcribe my 920 to the Ku-DigiPack from SRL (which is *very* similar to the Skyvision programming package for the DSR-410) with no issues.

I got my 920 used last year, and it seemed like it hadn't seen C-band, channel maps, or the 4DTV guide in years. However, I just set it up to look at X4, told it to use an LNBF, changed the polarity setting to the "reversed" setting (this worked right for me), and voila, I got the 4DTV DMX music channels on X4. I let it sit for about a day "in the data stream" and then could receive American Life TV. So, it was able to pick up the X4 channel map without any C-band access.

Of course, there's no program guide as with the DSR-410 solution, but it's a neat way to recycle a 920 if you can't have C-band like me due to the limitations of being a renter. And you can get all the Skyvision programming without having to spend $129 on another box...If you're willing to live without an EPG.

-Dan

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I was able to subcribe my 920 to the Ku-DigiPack from SRL (which is *very* similar to the Skyvision programming package for the DSR-410) with no issues.

I got my 920 used last year, and it seemed like it hadn't seen C-band, channel maps, or the 4DTV guide in years. However, I just set it up to look at X4, told it to use an LNBF, changed the polarity setting to the "reversed" setting (this worked right for me), and voila, I got the 4DTV DMX music channels on X4. I let it sit for about a day "in the data stream" and then could receive American Life TV. So, it was able to pick up the X4 channel map without any C-band access.

Of course, there's no program guide as with the DSR-410 solution, but it's a neat way to recycle a 920 if you can't have C-band like me due to the limitations of being a renter. And you can get all the Skyvision programming without having to spend $129 on another box...If you're willing to live without an EPG.

-Dan

Please explain,did you map X4 recieving only a ku signal? X4 is not even in the sat choices after a master reset. yYou have my interest now.

Please explain,did you map X4 recieving only a ku signal? X4 is not even in the sat choices after a master reset. yYou have my interest now.

I should clarify: I didn't do a master reset. I bought the receiver from a surplus place, where it hadn't been used in at least a few years. However, X4 appeared as a choice the first time I plugged it in, so it already had maps in memory that included X4.

But it seems like the specific channels available on X4 *did* get updated. For example, the SRL Ku DigiPak includes the "Sleuth" channel (X4-640), and Chiller (X4-641), and Blackbelt TV (X4-644) and those channels didn't even exist a few years ago. Does that count as a maps update?

However, I don't think it has updated maps for any other satellite. For example, I can't get Louisiana Public TV on AMC-3...I'm assuming that's mapped for 4DTV receivers that can see the G1 maps, right?

(Remember I can't test with C-band, so correct me where I'm wrong...)

Switching topics: the X4 video compression isn't too hot. I mean, it comes pretty close to looking like DISH Network SD...so not that great. I was really hoping for better. Nothing like 1st gen DVB FTA feeds or analog.

One neat thing: I forgot that with VC/DCII channels, it allows you to watch the premium movie channels for free in between the real shows...so you can judge the X4 video quality on HBO, Cinemax, Starz, and Encore by buying any X4 subscription, and surfing around the movie channels in the bottom 5-10 mins of the hour.

Hope that helps,
-Dan

Switching topics: the X4 video compression isn't too hot. I mean, it comes pretty close to looking like DISH Network SD...so not that great. I was really hoping for better. Nothing like 1st gen DVB FTA feeds or analog.

-Dan

The X4 HITS channels are the best second generation SD signals out there. Although they don't look like the masters some do a fair job. It all depend's on how good the master is. Some masters such as the Viacom (600's) mux on C3 aren't that great to begin with so that is passed along. Anytime you think the X4 channels look bad, go look at WPIX on G3 from NPS and you will be very happy with the HITS feeds. :)

Analog ITC are the best out there but that's fading fast, so sad. :(

It works great, Scott. As explained further up, while it is a second generation signal, it compares very favorably to any of the U.S. small dish services.
Maybe not as good as some of the first generation signals on Canada's
Star Choice, but I find very little to complain about. For those who do not want the obligation of a long contract with bait and switch "free equipment", this is a great alternative and solution to former C-banders that have lost access to many signals in the past year or two. Having movie channels in one place without having to install or otherwise maintain a 10-foot C-band dish is a great solution. People can keep their old receivers and their existing systems and possibly consider an MPEG-2 receiver to put some life back into their investments. 129.95 plus freight and connecting to a Ku-band antenna with LNBF is a very competitive alternative to the cost of a new 4DTV or doing major repairs or upgrades to C/Ku.

Well I just ordered two of them...

One for me... and the other we are going to GIVE AWAY at our Holiday Party here at SatelliteGuys on December 10th. :D

I might be interested in getting two of these receivers...If I pay for one programming package, will that cover two receivers? Is there an extra receiver fee?

4dtv's have never done that, you have to pay full price for each receiver. I think that could have been part of the reasoning for people who left their C-Band for the Pizza dishes D* and E*? I wish they would do that!

Al

Last edited:
Ya but with all the dishonest people it would not be worth it, if the 410's have a phone jack and can be made to work that way then plug in would have to be mandatory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts