So is fox in HD or just 480p *enhanced*

Ominous1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
My local fox station is always in 720p, but this looks a bit fuzzy to be true 720p to me. Anyone know for sure?

foxinhd.jpg

I've been watching the Lions/Bears game and it looks very soft/blurry and over-saturated with color. I've been flipping back and forth between that game and the Raiders/Steelers game and CBS looks much better. The CBS pic looks crisp and there's no color bleeding. When the camera backs out just before the snap is when you can really tell the difference. Fox looks bad, CBS looks sharp. I think the Fox game looks like 480p, but I don't know that for sure. My Voom box seems to improve the pic on Fox slightly when I upconvert to 1080 as opposed to leaving it at the native resolution.

In Jacksonville the Redskins/Bucs game is *not* HD, and neither is the Jags/Bills game on CBS.

It is 720p, better than upconverted to 720p which is what my affialiate was doing before today. But FOXHD is not being sent out to the affiliates at full bandwidth. From threads at AVS they are leaving room for a subchannel. Once again thank the networks and their affiliates. This time they have ruined HD even before it started.

Thw word is the games are in 720p the studio is still in 480p, hasn't been upgraded.

Even the game just looks bad compared to ABCs preseason monday night football. Also the Detroit fox station dropped its 2-2 station that normally sends out a 480i signal when the game was on for some reason.

My DirecTv receievr says it's in 720p.

Well, its not a question of what I'm recieving, as its clear its a 720p signal...my only question is if the game that I'm watching is being sent as 480 to my local Fox station and being upconverted to 720p.

Everyone remember,not all Fox stations have been upgraded to pass the 720P signal,there is a big Thread about it at AVS.

I would be happy to even have 480e, right now my digital locals look worse than the analog versions!

--Dan

jclampit said:
In Jacksonville the Redskins/Bucs game is *not* HD, and neither is the Jags/Bills game on CBS.
Must be your local affiliate, because the Redskins/Bucs game was definitely HD here on WTTG. The Jags/Bills game wasn't scheduled to be broadcast in HD.

CBS was superior today with their 1080i to all the Fox games. Their broadcasts looked somewhere between 480 & 720 (via NFLTicket). At least it's a step in the right direction from 4X3.

Why do you say that? Can anyone compare resolutions with some home made DVR?

Hey in Colorado Springs On CBS i received the games in 1080i and on Fox 1080i.. During commercial's on fox it would switch back to 720p but when the game came on they flipped it back to 1080i. I put my box in native mode and thats atleast what the box said when i flipped to those channels. The games looked great to me. And fox's 1080i was impressive. I am a Redskins fan and was extremely excited to be able to watch the game in HD. ESPN HD looked great also for the broncos game. Great way to start the football season with all these games in HD... YAY!!

480P is dead, there are no more 480p WS broadcasts, they will all be HD from now on, whether or not your station is ready is a different story, stay tuned here for your city.

Jets were in SD CBS, and the Giants were in HD FOX.
Fox game looked great, But just tell me how CBS is the leader in HD (Like they say) If a lot of Jets games are still in SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)