Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Many receivers are receiving a Force Download on 10/21, an unusual way for DirecTV to send down new software.

Here are the notes of changes for this version:

The Contents of this Release, Differences based on last National Release:

New Features
  • Play DVR recorded programs from your PC using DIRECTV2PC
  • PREV button to switch between two playback programs
  • New Song Title screen-saver to XM channels
  • Unsubscribed channels are colorized as ‘unsubscribed’ in guide
  • Customer confirmation when booking a recording on an unsubscribed channel
  • UI Polishing
  • Configures Cisco Wireless Bridge models WGA600N if those models are plugged directly into HR2x’s Ethernet port.
  • 1080p/24 support
  • Softpad
  • More actors are displayed and searched per program
  • Can rewind after seeing Keep/Delete OSD at end of playback
  • Another way to skip to tick. While rewinding or fast-forwarding a program, the customer can now simply press the REPLAY and JUMP keys to jump through a program without needing to press and hold these keys.

Improvements
  • Lipsync audio robustness
  • Recording tip display from the prioritizer
  • Searching allows matches on words with colons and commas and other symbol punctuation
  • Guide Navigation Speed
  • Stability

Last edited:
FYI, on the Super Stick to Tick feature. What it is you have the DVR in FF1 mode and press the 30sec skip/skip button it will take you to the next tick. Same for RW1 mode, press skip back and it takes you back to the prior tick.

For the soft padding, IIRC, it will automatically add 30 seconds to the beginning of a recording and 90 seconds to the end, assuming that there are no conflicts with the box adding this buffer. This time does not show up on the time bar but you can use the DVR controls to get to that part of the recording.

For information on DIRECTV2PC Software, which is in BETA with this software release, please see this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/151378-directv-2-pc-public-beta-coming-soon-4.html

The 1080p is now supported by this software, but is not available via DirecTV yet.
It is still in testing.

A note on 1080p:
1080p support is only for 1080p/24. Many TVs only support 1080p/60. If your TV does not support 1080p/24, you will not be able to use it.
To find out if your TV will work with 1080p/24, go to Menu->Settings->Display->TV Resolutions

Last edited:
Softpadding is automatically enabled, and cannot be disabled. It is a builtin feature.

When another program needs to tuner to start it's own recording, softpad does not happen. Softpad only functions when it does not conflict with other recordings.

I think it was done immediately due to the second occurance of the mass receiver freezing issue.

It is very uncommon to say the least.

Why are all of my VOD channels unavailable? And the VOD listings have nothing available.
Guide data gets flushed with the 290 release so you need to give it up to 24 hours to repopulate the VoD offerings and the rest of the guide.

Why are they doing a force update? Are the lockup because of the last software and they needed to release a new once? Is this because of the Directv2PC release?

Very odd, and a very pain in the butt,
They are interrupting my programing for an update I already have. I already had this as a CE/

Another new feature (or updated) is now the hr21-100 receiver now matches the hr21-700 signal strength readings. I think there was a problem where the 100
receiver showed a lower signal strength as compared to a higher reading from the
700 receiver. Now both models match a show a higher number reading...rolou21.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on 0x0290 for a while now, and I never had a freezing problem today, just an odd reboot in the middle of me rewinding to watch the weather (which I missed) on WTHI. So whatever seems to be the problem, hopefully this "force-update" will fix it for everyone.

Last edited:
When my recordings stopped at 11 the receiver rebooted itself and is download the new software. I think I am going to put the R22 on my network and try out the Directv2pc software. I guess I will just get a cheap N router and use it as a access point. I really like what Directv has got going on.

I had to restart my unit about 12 times before it was useable today around 5pm. The resolution was screwed. (only on an old 1080i projection)

I thought it was toast.
It finally took and seems a bit more responsive..

Whats with the 1080p? Has anyone tried this?

"Guide cache will be flushed .. guide & todo list will rebuild over next 24-48 hours"

Can this be done with the receiver off, or does it have to be on the whole time?

n5tc

"Guide cache will be flushed .. guide & todo list will rebuild over next 24-48 hours"

Can this be done with the receiver off, or does it have to be on the whole time?

n5tc

The receiver is never off, when you press the power button to 'turn it off' all it's really doing is shutting off the outputs, everything else is still running.

I have two problems. My Toshiba 65HM167 won't display the 1080p and my caller ID won't show on screen. I don't care about the 1080p (I get all that I need via Blue Ray) but I do want my caller ID to show.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts