software version L622

Are you sure it didn't reset your output to 480 4:3? I've heard of that happening, although it's never happened to me.

Nope. That's one of the first things I checked, settings on 722 and HDTV are all the same as before the update when everything worked. The component output also displays a squashed picture, by the way. After contacting Dish again today (and going through all the troubleshooting steps again) a different rep backed off on the original reps offer of a replacement DVR and just told me "it's an issue the engineers are aware of and they are working on a software fix". So maybe some other people have reported this happening as well, in any case until then I just have to change the setting on my HDTV from 16:9 "Normal" to "Wide". The guide and menus look stretched, but the 16:9 broadcasts look normal (unsquashed and without distortion) minus some black bars on the top and bottom. I guess that will have to do for now. :(

Today:
PID=08BCh
DownloadID:54KC
Upgrading parts of new FW with filters: [2]
L622:'L100'-'L621'
L622:'L100'-'L621'
New FW:'L622'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
'1[0-8][13][A-G0-8]'&'RB[BDEGHJ-NPS].': {ViP622} R0000000001-R4000000000
'1[0-8][13][A-G0-8]'&'RJ[BCHJ-LNP-TVWYZ245].': {ViP722} R0050462129-R0086286904
'1[0-8][13][A-G0-8]'&'RJ[UX3].': {ViP722} R0050462129-R0084053784

i have it too - so far so good. but noticed the first few days i had no history under SEARCH - but yesterday my entire history reappeared!

Just got the update yesterday. I like the new
feature of being able to rename titles of
shows.

Wow! I missed that. Great find!

Sometimes I record something like 20/20 that I want to save because it's historic but it just shows up as 20/20. This is great that I can rename it to what the show is actually about!

Renaming has been there a long time. When you do it, however, you get only the first character in caps. There is something like a 14 character limit, too, even if the original was longer. Once entered you cannot get back the original. It sorts upper and lower separately so once changed you cannot re-pair in the same automatic folder with other shows that have not been changed. I have occasionally changed the title to be the show name like of Masterpiece Theater/Mystery. I guess you could then re-associate them with the user folders. My only new folder, so far, is for Bond 007, 21 titles IIRC.
-Ken

the other problem with renaming is you can only do it after the show has been recorded - it'd be good if you could rename it in the timer schedule -

I don't think I've seen this addressed yet, but I'm having a problem on my 722. I created a group and moved some of my movies into it. Everything seemed fine until the next day. All of the movies were back in the main list and the group was empty. So I moved them again, exited the menu and came back. Everything was still where I put it, but then I check again a day later and the group is empty again. Has anyone else had this problem, if so is there a solution?

Timer rename

the other problem with renaming is you can only do it after the show has been recorded - it'd be good if you could rename it in the timer schedule -

Exactly. That would be the most significant simple improvement that Dish could make to its DVR. :up

Renaming has been there a long time. When you do it, however, you get only the first character in caps. There is something like a 14 character limit, too, even if the original was longer. Once entered you cannot get back the original. It sorts upper and lower separately so once changed you cannot re-pair in the same automatic folder with other shows that have not been changed. I have occasionally changed the title to be the show name like of Masterpiece Theater/Mystery. I guess you could then re-associate them with the user folders. My only new folder, so far, is for Bond 007, 21 titles IIRC.
-Ken

I never remember Renaming ever being available prior to this. Also, I can
rename as many times as I want. I didn't count the characters but it is more than
14. How are you naming/renaming folders?

ok, I'm seeing a weird issue with L622. Every morning around 6:15am the box decides it's time for the nightly reboot. Yes it is set to actually do that at the default time of 3am, and no I haven't stayed up till 3am to see what happens then.

I've noticed that when switching between the two tuners or when using PIP and flopping back and forth. There is a longer delay with a blank screen for a second during the switch. Anyone else seeing that?

I got L622 on my vip722 about a week ago and it seems to have FIXED a problem I have had forever.

The issue I had was video STUTTER- Everything I watched (live Tv and recordings) sooner or later would start to get this stutter, like double frames in the video. Made watching shows unbearable. Sometimes it would start after only a few minutes of watching, other times it would take hours to show up. It would stick around for a few minutes or up to 20 or 30 minutes then just go away. Hard reboots did not help. Changing the channel then back to the program I was watching did not help. Pause or Rew did not help and if it was a recording, stopping and restarting did not help... It just had to "work itself out".

So L622 has been great for me!

Got L622 yesterday and no major problems (yet). I did notice, during a DVR playback, that the picture flashed and dimmed often for a show that has never had problems before. It was like a ceiling fan was in between the camera and the shot off and on. We'll see if it keeps up.

Anyone know how to utilize the groups in a good manner? Can you make a playlist?

I just got L622 yesterday as well. And I am also interested in knowing if it is even possible to make some sort of playlist to watch several recordings in a row.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)