Sony X90CK 4K hookup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nakedland1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2023
Boise
We just bought this tv as our Xmas gift to each other. Our previous tv was a 60” Sony which lasted us 11 years. Our TV is hooked up to our Dish Hopper 3.
We bought the best (we were told these were on Sony forum) HDMI cables

Anker 8K@60Hz HDMI Cable, Ultra High Speed 4K@120Hz 48Gbps 6.6 ft Ultra HD HDMI to HDMI Cord, Support Dynamic HDR, eARC, Dolby Atmos​

Plugged it into the HDMI port 4 because it says 4K on it and then connected other end to Hopper 3. We also have a HDMI cable running from the arc on the tv to our 11 year old Sony sound bar.

We get above average sound from it, I wish it was better.
Anyway, we didn’t find the picture had much improvement when we hooked it up using these HDMI cable. And both of us agree that our 60 inch had a better picture than this brand new Sony.

Ok, I hope I’ve given you enough info. What haven’t we done that we should be doing?

Thanks,
Nakedland

Reactions: dweber
Go into settings and make sure the video input for HDMI 4 is set to 4K.

Not familiar with Dish equipment anymore, does the Hopper output 4K?

I now have the new cable plugged into the HDMI 4. I’ve been looking at all the settings on the tv and then I look them up to see what each does. I want to make sure I have it at the perfect settings you pro’s would use on your own. Haven’t changed anything yet. Kind of scary

Reactions: reubenray
We just bought this tv as our Xmas gift to each other. Our previous tv was a 60” Sony which lasted us 11 years. Our TV is hooked up to our Dish Hopper 3.

Anker 8K@60Hz HDMI Cable, Ultra High Speed 4K@120Hz 48Gbps 6.6 ft Ultra HD HDMI to HDMI Cord, Support Dynamic HDR, eARC, Dolby Atmos​

Plugged it into the HDMI port 4 because it says 4K on it and then connected other end to Hopper 3. We also have a HDMI cable running from the arc on the tv to our 11 year old Sony sound bar.

Anyway, we didn’t find the picture had much improvement when we hooked it up using these HDMI cable. And both of us agree that our 60 inch had a better picture than this brand new Sony.

Ok, I hope I’ve given you enough info. What haven’t we done that we should be doing?

Thanks,
Nakedland
There are a LOT of settings on Sony and other TV's. One is setting the Inputs for Enhanced Mode. The other is calibrating your TV for SDR, HDR, Netflix (Yes, that's a setting) etc. Rtings.com is a decent source for most TV Calibration settings

It's been awhile since needing to do sound tweaks. Also using a Sony soundbar with arc.
If I'm not mistaken. Aren't most of the sound settings now done in the soundbar menus?
I looked in my action menu at sound settings. Speakers set to audio system (not tv speakers).
All of my sources, sat, fire tv, roku...are using the tv hdmi ports. The soundbar inputs are unused except for ARC.
Sound mode is fixed at cinema. Most every other sound settings are grayed-out. Because that's the soundbar's job.

Reactions: HipKat

Thanks,
Nakedland
I got this same TV in the 75" size and I used the same 4K cables I had on my previous Sony TV. It has been working great especially the Google TV streaming. One thing I found out real quick was this TV would not work on my small UPS. There was not enough power to do some features.

I got this same TV in the 75" size and I used the same 4K cables I had on my previous Sony TV. It has been working great especially the Google TV streaming. One thing I found out real quick was this TV would not work on my small UPS. There was not enough power to do some features.
I had the same problem with my 85” Sony Z9K, my APC UPS was rated to 1500 watts, but running 3 Class D 500W Monoblocks with it kept causing it to shut down.

So I bought a Soundavo PMX-6600 Power Conditioner, rated , roughly, 3000 watts, been perfect since, any more and I will have to put a 20 amp in.