Spaceway F2 Delayed Again!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
agregjones said:
For anyone saying they don't care about HD LIL birds, think about this for a second. Right now, a considerable portion of the bandwidth on the three main orbital positions is being devoured by SD LIL feeds. The sooner those feeds are no longer needed (because those markets are served by the new satellites), the sooner that bandwidth is free.

It will be quite a while before these SD feeds are shut down, as the new HD feeds will only provide signals to HD receivers and HD-DVRs. The SD signals will still be needed until D* changes its SD receivers over to MPG-4. What D* needs to do is build a receiver that receives a HD signal and converts it to a SD signal, if that is possible. That way they only need to transmit each station once. I guess they are waiting for the FCC to take away all current analog frequencies, then they will only have to worry about a single digital feed, for each channel. But if they eventually change their SD receivers over to MPG-4 compression, that will free up a lot of bandwidth.

lou_do said:
It will be quite a while before these SD feeds are shut down, as the new HD feeds will only provide signals to HD receivers and HD-DVRs. The SD signals will still be needed until D* changes its SD receivers over to MPG-4. What D* needs to do is build a receiver that receives a HD signal and converts it to a SD signal, if that is possible. That way they only need to transmit each station once. I guess they are waiting for the FCC to take away all current analog frequencies, then they will only have to worry about a single digital feed, for each channel. But if they eventually change their SD receivers over to MPG-4 compression, that will free up a lot of bandwidth.

Does the new equipment not come with a composite out? If it does, this hurdle is already cleared.

So when is next the next scheduled launch? D* must have submitted prospective dates by now. I mean good grief, the thing never launched so it can't be that bad off in terms of repair. Maybe Longhornxp has heard something in the pipe (hint hint). I understand set backs in regards to these things i just want the next prospective time table.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts