Special: SatHawk PVR800 WorldDVB DVB-S2 HD FTA Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nope, sorry. The incentive is no longer available as our first batch of receivers have been all spoken for and pre-ordered. The 2nd batch will be several weeks from now and it will be at the low price of $199 plus S/H.

I will work with the factory to get some answers for your questions above. Thanks for asking.

I put in an order before you posted this but after you stated you ran out of the first batch. I was under the impression the discount was still in place through the 25th, regardless of "in stock" or not. If this should have been a PM I apologize but, thought others may have been in the same situation.

badmotorscooter

Please PM me your order # and I will check if it is included in the 1st batch.

In general, orders received today and yesterday are not included in the 1st batch since we are sold out. I thought it would last until the 25th but it seems people snatched it fast at this low special price.

Nope, sorry. The incentive is no longer available as our first batch of receivers have been all spoken for and pre-ordered. The 2nd batch will be several weeks from now and it will be at the low price of $199 plus S/H.

I will work with the factory to get some answers for your questions above. Thanks for asking.
Not even a Satelliteguys members' special good buddy incentive for the next shipment?.........:river
(I didnt see a lil smiley guy for whining....lol)

Hi Rob, Thanks for your order. You are on the next batch. :(

Bummer.
A couple questions then - you say that shipping the next batch is 6-8 weeks. Is that 6-8 weeks from when our order was placed or from the first shipping date of January 30th? Also, I need to know if my order is now more than the advertised price of $179 shipped. Thanks!

DJ Rob, Yeah I've got the same questions as you do. I was going to wait til this weekend to order...Now it sounds like it might cost $20 more plus shipping. If thats the case I might as well wait a couple of months to order...that way if those of you who get the first batch have issues, with the new product I'll know to get it or not get it. Blind

Ok this ain't even right. On the forum page at Sadoun Sales the $179 free ship price is still there as of 7am today. Well I placed an order today at $199 guess I'll see if I still want it when it arrives. Not to be a pain in the a.. but an advertised price is what it is. I dealt in wholesale supply for 20 years. The overseas supplier should be able to supply a skid or two or three of these at $179. Blind

Hi Blind,

I couldn't go back and update the 1st post on this thread since it is old now. A few posts up I explained that the $20 discount and Free S/H offer is finished now since we are sold out of the 1st batch we ordered from the factory.

The next shipment hopefully will be 6-8 weeks from yesterday. So I am looking at February 28 time frame.

The $179 price is still also being advertised in your forums as of a few minutes ago with no update about it being changed. I went ahead and just called to cancel my order since my wife only okayed me to spend the advertised $179. ;)

This isn't right! The first page states: Special Offer
Pre-Order by 1/25/10 and get $20 refund plus FREE Ground Shipping
(shipping fee and $20 discount will be
refunded when receiver ships)

I feel Sadoun should honor this deal since we still have 5 days to go. It's not our fault that he didn't order enough to cover the first shipment.

I'm going to buy a Coolsat 8000 or 8100 instead at an even better price. Then once all the bugs are worked out of this receiver and additional features are added then I will purchase one probably even at a better price.

DJ, thanks for the note. It has been updated.

No problem. Hopefully when the next batch comes in, we will consider making a promotion or something. All orders entered until that point (i.e. for the 2nd batch), will be included in any available promotion at that time.

This isn't right! The first page states: Special Offer
Pre-Order by 1/25/10 and get $20 refund plus FREE Ground Shipping
(shipping fee and $20 discount will be
refunded when receiver ships)

I feel Sadoun should honor this deal since we still have 5 days to go. It's not our fault that he didn't order enough to cover the first shipment.

Ok, I will make it right for you all then.

All orders entered until the 25th of this month will be included in the above promotion (pending we are able to secure stock from the factory).

However, as I mentioned before, these pre-orders will not ship for another 6-8 weeks (hopefully sooner, but can't promise at this point).

PEACE

Thanks sadoun,I ordered one on jan. 18, Called said i was on the second batch.If this sathawk does 4:22 then this batch will be sold out so i am keeping my order in.

Ok, I will make it right for you all then.

All orders entered until the 25th of this month will be included in the above promotion (pending we are able to secure stock from the factory).

However, as I mentioned before, these pre-orders will not ship for another 6-8 weeks (hopefully sooner, but can't promise at this point).

PEACE

LOLOLOL....That'll learn ya. Pull the ads before you end the deal or use the infamous "While quantities last" disclaimer.:p Good to know I'm not the only one that suffers from 20/20 hindsight.:eek:

I'm not in any hurry so I wont hold you feet to the fire. If you've got any way to offer some similar incentive when your next stock arrives, I'm sure you will.

Heck, your going to get it back from me anyway 'cause I've been meaning to order one of those stacked Kus to play with anyway (when I get time!) Bound to be at least a break on shipping with more than one item.

If you do come up with another incentive, dont forget to add the disclaimer or maybe a countdown counter of remaining stock......lol

I'd still be interested in feedback on the Q's I posted. When you get a response from the mfgr be sure to clue us in.
It appears these guys are intent on making a positive mark in the market. Hopefully they will be responsive to customer input and any bugs discovered in the FW as well.

I am curious, if you feel like disclosing it, how many units did you get on the first shipment, and how many are you going to have for the next one? The S2 fever seems to be spreading pretty good. I wonder if a Friday Poll about what members have, want or will get and why (price/feature/support etc) might be in order......
It would have to include the DVB card camp too.

How 'bout it Tony....time for another Friday Poll?

Mel

And meanwhile, nobody confirmed by example or in the STB specification so far reasonable questions whether this box supports 4:2:2, and low and high symbol rate tuning, decoding, recording and playback (supported symbol rate limits please). There was no confirmation that LAN multimedia recording & playback support or integrated WiFi will be added, only that the company "will consider" it. Only firmware update is supported now over LAN, and why use LAN for this, if it can be done over a USB stick? Does the STB have enough physical memory to add new extended firmware features and advanced signal decoding? It was also said that ATSC tuner MAY be added but only to the next generation of the STB, which will cost more and require a new STB purchase.

Nobody tested this STB in NA conditions so far, and we don't know how thorough and sensitive its blindscan is. Neither we know what picture quality the box can deliver, whether its free from artifacts, and how good this box can scale various pic formats. Its very important, if you don't have a newest HDTV with quality picture upconversion chipset. At the same time it was reasonably pointed by forum members that without these basic features nothing distinguishes this STB from other models currently on the market, including several less expensive proven high quality used HD STB models like Coolsat, Viewsat, Pansat, etc. that do exactly the same plus support ATSC. What then to buy it for? :confused:

Don't forget, merely asking a question and hearing back that it will be relayed to the manufacturer doesn't mean that it will be resolved to your satisfaction any time soon or ever. And until it is resolved, what's the rush to buy - it may never be resolved, if people keep buying without it. Look through both threads on this STB and think, if you really want basic questions above answered before you buy, or you just ask questions because of curiosity, and will buy anyway since everyone else buys. Do you need a new STB in the first place that offers nothing new to what you already have?

I'm for diversity of models on the market that drives prices down. But basic questions are expected to be answered, not ignored, before buying decisions are made. It may take time and effort, but until they're answered to customer satisfaction what's the rush to buy? Makes sense? "Quantities" on these things will always last until there is demand. No product will be improved if customers keep hysterically buying it in rush while they might not even need it in the first place. Everyone has a closet full of various things they never needed but purchased anyway because everyone did. Just my 5 cents. ;)

Last edited:
Zamar, I agree with your comments. Hopefully this box will be all that we hope and dream it might be. Myself I got into FTA to spend money on things I don't need or can't get to work....My wife said that once I think lol
Blind

If the Spec's do not list it, I assume it does not support it.
The Mfg. designed and produced a unit, that's it. If you like it buy it.
They don't have to answer any questions, I think it's nice they answered as many as they did. Though they did make claims that they could not prove, as in 4:2:2 support, but they could just be relaying what the Chip Mfg told them.

It's uniqueness is the price. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a sub $200 DVB-S2 Blind Scanning, High Def Sat receiver with PVD capabilities, along with Networking and Card Slot.

But what would one need its networking feature for - it can only update firmware over it, nothing else. What will one use that Card Slot for in NA? Yes, it's priced less than other brand new HD receivers on the market. But FTA channels are gradually converted to newer for NA use formats like 4:2:2, and unless the STB is demonstrated to support that format, will it be a good investment? Do we know how sensitive its tuner is to weak signals? At least we know that about STBs currently on the market that can be bought used quite cheap and also have ATSC tuner. How can it drive prices of other Linux boxes down like AZBox if it ain't even close in demonstrated features to what AZBox currently offers?

The main question though to ask is simple: do you already have an STB with similar or better feature set? If the answer is "Yes", what's then the rush to buy another one at any price without even waiting for its feature demonstration and NA test results? Just because its on sale? :D

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)