Splitting C2-PLL lnbf output?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
I have a C2-PLL and would like to connect to 3-4 receivers without screwing things up. One of the LNBF outputs will go direct to my primary receiver/Vbox and works fine as is. From the other LNBF output I would like to connect 2 additional receivers which understandably would receive the signal to whatever satellite position as determined by the Vbox. If I want to split the second LNBF output to connect the 2 receivers can I use a regular splitter or is special type of splitter required? Reversed DiSEqC switch?

Thank you, that makes sense now. If you don't think about this stuff for a while it's easy to forget. I just looked at the Zinwell SAM-3402 and it looks like it has separate 13v/18v inputs or are you using the Ant input to be able to get both H/V feeds with the connected receivers? I just want to be sure both receivers can access H/V feeds independently.

Last edited:
The Ant input is not used. The C2PLL two outputs are connected to the H/V inputs on the switch. One output sends the vertical channels and the other sends the horizontal channels to the switch. The switch then connects which one is needed by the receivers.

Reactions: Titanium and mr3p
Thank you, now I understand. I should have thought this through before I pulled cables a couple of weeks ago, LOL Looks like I might need to make a change to one of my cable runs or I guess I could stick the switch outside and add another cable. Is there any way to split a single LNBF feed to 2 receivers?

Another use for the multi-switch is to combine two single polarity LNBs as in an orthomode feed to one cable going to the receiver. My two motorized C and Ku dishes with orthos are connected to one 4 X 8 multi-switch feeding seven receivers. Only one receiver controls the two dish motors in this particular setup.

Reactions: mr3p and Titanium
I probably should have pulled 2 cables from the LNB back to the main panel and distributed from that point but I'll figure out how to be reconfigure cabling. Any suggestions on exterior rated 4x multi switch?

Been using Zinwell SAM-4803 powerd switches for a few years, they have H and V voltage polarity for LNBFs and inputs for two dual LNBFs. Eight outputs so each receiver would see each LNBF V or H. Requires 24 Vdc.
I have 3 of them in my system, and bought a spare so I'll never have one blow out on me. :)
Think these are outdoor rated but I would keep them out of direct sun & rain if possible.
I installed them in an enclosure at the dish, and run a power cable from the 24v p/s in the house. If you have power at the dishes you could power it there, the units come with a wall-wart (at least mine did).

Reactions: Titanium and mr3p
Nothing beats a two dish setup, one a Ku and the other a c-band dish, both with ortho feeds running to a modded WNC 4x8 switch to feed your home!

I'm thinking maybe the best option at this point is purchase the inexpensive Zinwell multi-switch and put it next to the dish inside one of these enclosures
1623026988142.png

What determines whether you need a powered or can use a non-powered multi-switch? Number of receivers?

What determines whether you need a powered or can use a non-powered multi-switch? Number of receivers?

I have NOT had luck with the non-powered multi-switches. I have tried them a couple times to no avail. I have mostly the multiswitch that allows 4 receivers, but i also have a couple that allow 8 receivers. It all depends on how many receivers your planning, and whether or not you have limitations on the amount of RG6 you can run.

Reactions: mr3p
I chose to you a modded switch because I use PLL LNB's. They draw more current. You could more than likely get away with a unmodded one. but my labels on the LNB's say 18 to 24 volts, so I feed them that.

I chose to you a modded switch because I use PLL LNB's. They draw more current. You could more than likely get away with a unmodded one. but my labels on the LNB's say 18 to 24 volts, so I feed them that.
Actually the C2PLL LNBF will not work with a switch modded to power LNBs. You have to have 13V from the vertical port and 18V+ from the horizontal for an LNBF to work.

Wrong, the input to the switch selects polarity from the receiver. Have you ever seen a 4x8 switch? there are 13 and 18 volt inputs from the dish along with 22khz inputs from the dishes. What the switch sees from your receiver it chooses the correct dish input to use.

• Sad
Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts