SRL Says Alternate Procedure Not Working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am curious to hear from some that did the "brick" procedure to find out if it really did brick it because just from reading through I would think the mover ability would still be there with the factory tiles (which may have incorrect names).

If doing a auth reset does not clear out our good tiles, why would it clear out the factory tiles after a master reset?

It should not clear out the factory tiles: during the original testing for this new EMM I did a Master reset on one receiver & the following was what came in the receiver upon a re-boot. All of this was done when on W5.

they should get the following:
After rebooting the receiver and going to the reset sat limits programmed in all the available satellites that were there. They were as follows.

S2 - G6 - S3 – T4 – G7 – X7 – G3 -

T5 – G4 – S4 – W1 – A2 – E2 – M1 –

M2 – G9 – G5 – C3 – G1 – C4 – C1

No generics which was and is the big issue.
Only a few satellite icons so if you use your 4dtv receiver as a dish mover for FTA DVB signals your out of luck

Still Not Able to Receive Rehits

I did the whole 4 step procedure. X4 216, DCII light on, 67780, EMM provider 0. Freq. 1430.000, then used WEBSAMS, highlighted package, activated service, sent rehit, and nothing. EMM provider stays at 0. Called SRL, and they said to add X4, so I did, but they thought I had done the 7 steps. I told them 4, and they went ahead and did a rehit for me, but still nothing. I also tried unplugging unit, and letting warm up, them EMM was back to 4096, so I did 67780 again, more rehits, but same result. What details can anyone give me as to what I might be doing wrong? Do I need to unplug for a certain amount of time? Let unit sit for a while after activate or rehit? Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

I did the whole 4 step procedure. X4 216, DCII light on, 67780, EMM provider 0. Freq. 1430.000, then used WEBSAMS, highlighted package, activated service, sent rehit, and nothing. EMM provider stays at 0. Called SRL, and they said to add X4, so I did, but they thought I had done the 7 steps. I told them 4, and they went ahead and did a rehit for me, but still nothing. I also tried unplugging unit, and letting warm up, them EMM was back to 4096, so I did 67780 again, more rehits, but same result. What details can anyone give me as to what I might be doing wrong? Do I need to unplug for a certain amount of time? Let unit sit for a while after activate or rehit? Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Tune to X4 channel 216. Do option 67780. Go to Websams (or call SRL) and do an "activate", then send a "rehit". Wait a little while. I think that their system is backlogged with activity right now. Option 67781 will show EMM provider 4160 after it takes a proper hit.

Hi judg724

I too had the same problem but after reading thru a couple post I saw someone mention of hitting the password reset by mistake in websams and the EMM changed I decided to try it and it worked :)
give it a try my IRD trip isn't incrementing from rehits sent but I guess thats because of the problems SRL are currently experiencing with some units and activation.

SRL's & Skyvisions phones have been swamped. Websams has also been backed up. This will continue till everyone gets converted. There are many that have screwed up the procedure because of too much information everywhere. The 4 Step on my website has had very positive results if followed to the tee. 4DTV Online By TvroPro... The Official 4DTV Info Site

I suggest to try this first and forget about all the other info. If your receiver is screwed up since you have a high TDT or didn't get X4 as we advised before 1/4 you may have issues. If your having problems you will have to try some way to get yourself up to a point of being able to follow the 4 steps. There are only a few that can help and understand how to get you up to where you should be, so it may be better to wait till demand dies down and someone in the know can help.

4 Step-Thanks!

I have "valued" the info on 4DTV Online web site of TvroPro's it has been one access to good info "condensed". Made the changes as things progressed such as changing the X4 with music in 800's to one with in 900's, found the submenu 6778 and figured out what that 0 and then the 1 did. Made decision to do it now, ordered my programing via Dr. Sat - Satellite dish installation in Southern Ontario, did the 67780, answered email with my unit ID and in 20 minutes start to finish of saying this was the day to change, I had TV, Guide, all 66 sat tiles the FP & ZK working on them. I have had no programing since October, so sent some cash to TvroPro, all is good.

Last edited:
I have "valued" the info on 4DTV Online web site of TvroPro's it has been one access to good info "condensed". Made the changes as things progressed such as changing the X4 with music in 800's to one with in 900's, found the submenu 6778 and figured out what that 0 and then the 1 did. Made decision to do it now, ordered my programing via Dr. Sat - Satellite dish installation in Southern Ontario, did the 67780, answered email with my unit ID and in 20 minutes start to finish of saying this was the day to change, I had TV, Guide, all 66 sat tiles the FP & ZK working on them. I have had no programing since October, so sent some cash to TvroPro, all is good.

Glad my site was helpful. We have been trying to keep people informed and make it simple. We do appreciate any donations since paying for web hosting and bandwidth does cost us. Not to mention the countless hours with it all, as far as testing, finding solutions, getting info, etc. Then conveying it to the masses. Thanks again.

Thank's to all I do appreciate it. I want to keep the website going and supply the latest with updated programming information once the conversion issues all die down. I have been pitching my idea's for more channels to the right people. And will do my part to help with the technical hurdles. I also hope that we can get something up there eventually with a working 4play since there will come a day we will need to get info into our receivers in the event of a MR etc. Thanks again I will keep the updates coming :) C band forever :up:up

Glad my site was helpful.

Just letting you know.. Noticed 4dtvonline.com is available, as well as 4dtvonline.net or org at Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy you can get a .com for 11.99 a year or 3.99 for an org or net and while they don't make it obvious on their page, they host free if you tolerate their banners, I do that all the time on info sites that I don't care whether they carry advertising banners or not on. The only drawback is their banners don't tolerate absolute positioning code used in the webpages (a webmaster would know what Im talking about) I just change absolutes to relatives in the code and all is ok, but you wouldnt even need to worry about it unless you have a fairly complex site, which it doesn't appear to be.

Thanks for the info. I can get a domain name from my hosting service Dreamhost too. I also design websites for a living (been doing it since 1998) I have had issues with some of my clients with Go Daddy. Don't want to go into details too much but they treated one of my clients very bad, and stole his domain name, then held it hostage to the tune of $600 for two years. I have done SEO with Google and Bing for the 4D site so it will show up as is with no issues under the search engines as is: 4dtv online - Google Search

I can't donate any money but I can donate server space and bandwidth (mine is unlimited) if you would like to have a mirror or even host the images off site to cut down on bandwidth usage.

What I would suggest is to host all your images on tinypic.com to save bandwidth and only host the html on your server if you are charged by the GB.

Then held it hostage to the tune of $600 for two years.

I had an issue like that several years ago with a great one word domain, but the entanglement was an ICANN issue underneath it all, because I had an old address and email in the registry information, had the domain so darned long, since the www began and it really delayed the sale of the thing.

I use GoDaddy for short term domains I don't plan to keep a long time. For long term I'd use Network Solutions maybe.

I can't donate any money but I can donate server space and bandwidth (mine is unlimited) if you would like to have a mirror or even host the images off site to cut down on bandwidth usage.

What I would suggest is to host all your images on tinypic.com to save bandwidth and only host the html on your server if you are charged by the GB.

I have a good setup as is the bandwidth is unlimited and well over a a couple terabytes of space. But there is a bill that has to be paid to keep that up. I also have been neglecting my business and putting a lot of time into the whole 4DTV project, testing, researching, doing things behind the scenes, answering questions and keeping the website updated. And that don't pay my bills. The effort put in to all this can be very draining and I feel like I was running a jack hammer for 8 hours after a day with of all this. My passion is satellite tv and would love to have a great career in it. It would be cool to offer my years on knowledge and experience & get paid too. My goal is to right a wrong that has been done to us by NPS & Dish Network and keep us alive. With all of us pulling together your support in spirit or financially. It makes it worth while. Thanks to all who do whatever they can. :)

Last edited:
I had an issue like that several years ago with a great one word domain, but the entanglement was an ICANN issue underneath it all, because I had an old address and email in the registry information, had the domain so darned long, since the www began and it really delayed the sale of the thing.

The whole webstuff can drive you nuts some times :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)