Standby?

And how in the world do I get the 54.0 remote to put the H3 into standby WITHOUT the TV also automatically commanded to power down? There are many times when I want to put H3 in standby but keep the TV on so I can switch AVR inputs to a streming device or other drvices for hours of viewing. I am not a fan of turning off and on modern flat panel TVs (electronics) within a short period such as a few seconds.
TBH, I've never had a TV that the Hopper powered of. Powered on, no problem, with 1 button, but for some reason, never off.

Reactions: charlesrshell
And how in the world do I get the 54.0 remote to put the H3 into standby WITHOUT the TV also automatically commanded to power down? There are many times when I want to put H3 in standby but keep the TV on so I can switch AVR inputs to a streming device or other drvices for hours of viewing. I am not a fan of turning off and on modern flat panel TVs (electronics) within a short period such as a few seconds.

you understand you save 0.5 watts in standby ?? it's not like the box powers down,
i would just leave it on, if using the 54 remote, not sure what your remote controls are, or anything else you are trying to do.

TBH, I've never had a TV that the Hopper powered of. Powered on, no problem, with 1 button, but for some reason, never off.

54 remote, sat, power turns the tv off and puts the H3 in standby
The h3 doesnt power off the tv, the 52 remotes had 2 power buttons, dedicated tv, then a seperate power, for the device selected on the side of the remote.

It saves the buffer in your receiver for that five minutes in case you turned it off by mistake.
It also gives you chance to pause a recording in one room, shut down the TV, etc and pick it up in another room. It used to be that if you were going to move to another room and you turned the receiver off, you lost the ability to pick up where left off
Of course, the countdown timer also comes up on a Wally without DVR functionality, in which case neither of those reasons would apply.

you understand you save 0.5 watts in standby ?? it's not like the box powers down,
i would just leave it on, if using the 54 remote, not sure what your remote controls are, or anything else you are trying to do.
You do realize that there are other reasons for wanting to put a receiver into standby, like letting it do a guide download or a software update, right?

Reactions: JSheridan
Of course, the countdown timer also comes up on a Wally without DVR functionality, in which case neither of those reasons would apply.

You do realize that there are other reasons for wanting to put a receiver into standby, like letting it do a guide download or a software update, right?
Just because the Wally does the countdown doesn't mean the reasons we listed don't apply. Truth is, it's only the 54 remote that does it.

Just because the Wally does the countdown doesn't mean the reasons we listed don't apply. Truth is, it's only the 54 remote that does it.
I never said that those aren't good reasons to do it on other receivers. I was just pointing out that a Wally without an external hard drive attached would not have any use for either of those reasons to do the countdown, so it seems silly to do it in this particular case.

FFS, 5 minutes later causes issues ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts