Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Bound to happen, a not so good one. Although Cortez "flew"!

Last edited:
I started back watching this, but gave up again after the episode where the Doctor becomes a King in some type of dream. I quit before watching all of it. It was nothing, but stupid.

Maybe this wasn't the flashiest or most dramatic episode, but I liked it. The way the ship was shot in the asteroid field was pretty impressive.

Going back to Rigel VII is a deep cut that not everyone is going to appreciate, I get it. But for me it worked. This whole episode was very TOS-classic, and that's because it had a message about our inner nature.

If I had any criticism at all it would be that I think they're giving Dr. M'Benga a little too much action. I get it, it's penance for all the times the doctors in the show just stood there and waved a magic thingy over a person. But I just don't need him to be a ninja. I can live with it, but I'd rather the doctor be knowledgeable as opposed to just fighting people. To the show's credit, they had M'Benga basically say that in the script, too.

The way the ship was shot in the asteroid field was pretty impressive.
I agree that this episode was too much tech and not enough story. It may have been a little lacking in scientific support as well.
If I had any criticism at all it would be that I think they're giving Dr. M'Benga a little too much action.
It is good to see the doctor as something more than an element of conscience. I'd want that character on my strike team.

I enjoyed it.
I started back watching this, but gave up again after the episode where the Doctor becomes a King in some type of dream. I quit before watching all of it. It was nothing, but stupid.
That was my least favorite as well. Was that the episode where M'Benga's terminally ill daughter leaves to be one with a sentient cloud?

Reactions: That American Girl
Spock’s idea failed for him because it was in Federation Standard, not Vulcan, even though we heard him speaking Standard. I’ll assume the Universal Translator was the reason… ;)

358572865_3599184467007279_9119770710642378246_n.jpg

Ok, I liked it. It was an ensemble cast episode. Everyone got some screen time and some good lines. I agree, it had a more TOS feel to it, which I liked as well. Ortega following the lights to her quarters and the ship's computer helping her figure out who she was and what she did on the ship was an enjoyable element. I agree, the cast seemed like they were enjoying it and that helped bring me along with the story. It wasn't their best episode, but it wasn't bad either...

The only thing that kinda irks me is the way it's written as to make it appear as though Spock is "in love" with Chappel.
In TOS, the only person I ever got the impression that he was um...overly fond of (female) was Uhura. Sorta...

Reactions: TheKrell
The only thing that kinda irks me is the way it's written as to make it appear as though Spock is "in love" with Chappel.
In TOS, the only person I ever got the impression that he was um...overly fond of (female) was Uhura. Sorta...
I don't recall that at all. In fact, it was Chappel who was smitten by Spock.

In the original Star Trek series it was Chappel and Spock. She loved him and was always trying to connect with him. In the 2000's Reboot movies it was Uhura and Spock that shared affection. :smug

This was one of the funniest Treks EVER! I LOL'd almost the entire episode. Chappel finially steps up! {watch Ready Room).
BUT, another poor casting job as Spock's mother, IMO (too flat, Jane Wyant is hard to replace)). And his father has Ghosted him??

Last edited:
Reactions: N5XZS and dfergie
This Spock and fiancé seems to be so complicated with each other, but trying to keep open minded, while fiancé's mother looks old and conservative and not too open about new way of interspeices in a early era of interstellar star traveling ages. :cool:

Good funny in cheek story, funny to see Chappel has the hots on Spock!!:biggrin:hatsoff