Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

If you Paramount app doesn't work try uninstalling it and then re add it back and sign in again. This should let you use the app again.

It had to have been an odd issue with Paramount+ being it has been working OK since.
Some Sony’s have an issue with P+ app, both my A90J and Jimbo’s Sony had issues, check for updates first, if not delete and reinstall.

But my Sony Z9K has been fine, but that is a newer version of Android TV ( now called Google TV).

I have found Android TV apps to be too flaky, I just use a Roku Ultra on both, never have a issue

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this episode. It gave us a tad bit more info on Kahn and, yeah, ok, it muddled history a bit...I guess I live with it. ;)
Lots of great lines in this episode, and yeah, I'm also getting to like this version of Kirk more.
Liked that the Romulans were involved and got caught meddling in history. Overall, besides La'an crying at the end, I enjoyed it.

It gave us a tad bit more info on Kahn and, yeah, ok, it muddled history a bit...
It sure did! I think the Romulan admitted time was pushing back on her and the future kept changing. I guess that's why Kahn was still a boy 30 years after he supposedly left Earth on the Botany Bay.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I think the Romulan admitted time was pushing back on her and the future kept changing.
Changing your future is what going back is all about. Changing the past much prior to 2020-something shouldn't be happening and not how canon ends up being in the long run. The Enterprise always returned things to "normal" (for the most part) at the end of the episode.

Changing your future is what going back is all about. Changing the past much prior to 2020-something shouldn't be happening and not how canon ends up being in the long run. The Enterprise always returned things to "normal" (for the most part) at the end of the episode.
Dude, they moved everything to the next century, get over it.

I read today that there have been many excursions to the past by many different Star Trek shows in history. Voyager dealt with temporal police in their show and traveled back to 1996. Picard spent season 2 stuck in 2024 at the same time as Deep Space 9 Sisko was stuck in the same year in the walled off city for undesirables in L.A.. Next Generation traveled back to 2063 and First Contact with Earth and Vulcans and met with Zephram Cochrane and helped him do his job to build warp drives. How many times did Kirk travel back to earth in the past in both TV series and the Movies? Capt'n There be Whales! All caused changes in the time line and that was just earth people and not counting Alien species like the Borg who wanted to prevent First contact and this Romulan who tried to kill Khan as a kid in this SNW episode.

In the original Star Trek episode about Khan Spock said that the tapes from the time of the 1990s were fragmented and they couldn't be sure of the dates he gave as 1996. All the events have been pushed forward and most likely the only way to keep it from moving into messing up First Contact would be to have the Eugenics War be the cause of WW3. There was even an exchange with the Temporal Police in SNW in this episode and in Voyager and Enterprise spoke about Temporal Wars as well.

They violated canon and that's not something you just get over.
Considering how many things have changed since TOS, this is a strange thing to keep complaining about.

Why do the Klingons look different between all the series and the movies, including Worf on Picard ( different head piece ).

Why does the Enterprise on SNW look so much more advanced then it did on TOS.

Why is the actor playing young Kirk (40) actually older then when William Shatner started the role (35).

Etc, etc

Reactions: TheKrell
Plenty of Time Line contamination going on in this episode. A trash can that contains 23rd century uniforms from two different Time Lines (okay, assume Kirk’s uniform ceases to exist as soon as that Time Line is pruned, to borrow the TVA term) and La’an talking to Kahn before vanishing Back into the Future.

But, more importantly, why would they be building a bridge from Toronto to the US?
1688330814849.png
It doesn’t seem like there is much to be gained by crossing Lake Ontario to New York that couldn’t be accomplished by bridging to a Canadian landing near the border and then crossing to the US through more conventional routes. And it’s not like you’re eliminating hundreds of miles of driving out of the way, more like 40 miles versus 85.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell