Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

337376_large.jpg
Amazon delivered my pre-order three days ago. It's a must have for any fan of the series.

Yep, Kirk did it in ST-III. Picard (well, Riker actually) did it to the saucer section in ST-Generations and it was inferred in the latest (last?) season of Picard, that Worf somehow lost (destroyed) the Enterprise-E. And, if you really want to get geeky, the Enterprise-C was lost (destroyed) in the battle of Narendra III under the command of Captain Rachel Garrett (and after she was killed), by Lt. Richard Castillo. ;)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I enjoyed it...
Same, really enjoyed it.

"A Vulcan with a hunch? That's new." I laughed out loud at that line.

Really had issues with the dialogue vs sound effects in this episode. I was fiddling with the volume during the entire episode to hear what was being said vs getting blasted by the SFX. Didn't have that issue in season 1. Wish they'd bump up the dialogue level a tad (and no, my hearing hasn't changed from last season).

Liked the tribute text at the close of the episode. Nice touch.

Yeah, and the doc, and sometimes Chapel too. It's not difficult for them (in post) to bump up the dialogue a tad. It's too late now though. So I'm hoping not every episode has the same issue...
Wish I knew what you guys are taling about. I heard every word, but I have good sound system.

Reactions: TheKrell
Wish I knew what you guys are taling about. I heard every word, but I have good sound system.
I have a very good sound system also. It's a tad old-in-the tooth (it's 5.2, not 8, 10 or 12.2.1), but I never had this issue with dialogue with season 1 of SNW, or any of Picard, or anything else I've streamed lately. So, I don't know what's going on with season 2 of SNW dialogue audio, but I hope episode 1 was an anomaly with the dialogue audio...

I have both a good sound system and captions on in case I don't hear it. :smug
Same ( except for the captions), running a processor with Monoblock Amplifiers for each speaker (7).

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yeah, and the doc, and sometimes Chapel too. It's not difficult for them (in post) to bump up the dialogue a tad. It's too late now though. So I'm hoping not every episode has the same issue...
Same here. I have a Hopper and watched on a Joey and IIRC volume leveling is turned on.
Wish I knew what you guys are taling about. I heard every word...