Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Scotty is not on the early TOS episodes. And that is seven years later. There are presumably plenty of engineers in star fleet.
Yes he was, he is in the second Pilot filmed ( the Cage with Pike was the first)-Where No Man Has Gone Before.

You can see him in the back, next to Sally Kellerman.
F54779AC-677D-4620-9F2C-2EA893F62B65.jpeg

From Wiki-

the episode introduced two other regular characters to the show: James Doohan, a friend of director James Goldstone, was cast as the Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott

That looks more like Shatner...
...and more like the "Star Trek: Generations" Shatner, at that! ;)

But, I maintain the Captain's name ends in an "e" as seen on the sign behind's Spock's head. "Kirk" doesn't end in an "e", but "Pike" does.

Your Honor, I rest my flimsy attempt at humor.

Given how much of the CGI is done in advance of shooting for the video wall, I'm wondering why it seems to take so long to do the post-production phase.

Given how much of the CGI is done in advance of shooting for the video wall, I'm wondering why it seems to take so long to do the post-production phase.
Have you ever sat through the credits of like a Marvel movie? They are like 1/2 hour long all by themselves. I mean, it seems to be worked on by nearly everybody in the entire world. That must take a LOT of time, especially if certain things have to be done before another team can even start their part of it.

Reactions: dfergie
Have you ever sat through the credits of like a Marvel movie?
I have, but since a good chunk of what they do in a Marvel movie involves post-shooting CGI that must be coordinated with the actors, I can see why it takes longer versus having the actors reacting to the live CGI as is the case with The Wall. I reason that the external CGI can be done prior to or simultaneously with the shooting since the actors aren't usually involved.