tdti1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Montreal, QC
The new price for Starz, from John at NPS posted at
Satforums:

NPS now has an annual price for Starz digital, it will be 109.99 annual or
57.74 for 6 months, or 30.25 for quarter , or 11.00 monthly.

You get all 30 digital feeds.

thank you,

John Ferguson
C-band Sales
NPS
1-800-444-3474 ext 599
jferguson@callnps.com

Wow! That's cheaper than the old Analog package I'm subbed to now.

I'm definately picking that up in place of my Analog sub.

Thats $9.17 a month average if you purchase annually. If you got the same package on Dish Network you can get the annual and only be charged for 11 months but it is $11.99 a month plus the $5.00 access fee. It would average out to be $10.99 plus $5.00 access fee for a total of $15.99. How many channels is in the NPS package compared to what is offered in the Dish Network package?

Stargazer said:
Thats $9.17 a month average if you purchase annually. If you got the same package on Dish Network you can get the annual and only be charged for 11 months but it is $11.99 a month plus the $5.00 access fee. It would average out to be $10.99 plus $5.00 access fee for a total of $15.99. How many channels is in the NPS package compared to what is offered in the Dish Network package?
I just ordered this package from NPS this morning.
Here's the breakdown:

$15.99 @ Dish gets you:
Starz in Black
Encore East
Starz East
Starz West
Starz Cinema West
Starz Kids & Family
Starz Edge
Starz Cinema East

That's 8 channels.

This NPS package gets you:
STARZ West (on G5)
STARZ Comedy West
STARZ Cinema West
STARZ Edge West
STARZ InBlack West
STARZ Kids & Family West
STARZ East
STARZ West (on G1)
STARZ Edge East
STARZ InBlack East
STARZ Kids & Family East
STARZ Comedy East

STARZ Cinema East
STARZ Cinema West
STARZ HDTV East
STARZ HDTV West
Encore Movie Plex West
Encore Movie Plex East
Encore West
Encore 7-WAM! West
Encore East

Encore West
Encore 3-Westerns East
Encore 3-Westerns West
Encore 2-Love Stories East
Encore 2-Love Stories West
Encore 4-Mystery East
Encore 4-Mystery West
Encore 5-Action East
Encore 5-Action West
Encore 6-True Stories East
Encore 6-True Stories West
Encore 7-WAM! East

That's 30 channels couning the two STARZ West channels as one.

All the stuff in Green is what you get over what the Dish package offers. It's very much worth the $109/yr for me!

If you get Dish network can you get Starz a la carte, or do you need a basic package also?

Big dish rocks!

tdti1 said:
If you get Dish network can you get Starz a la carte, or do you need a basic package also?
Big dish rocks!
I believe that is why the $5 access fee. They do something similar for people who want just the Dish HD package. HD Pack + voom + the $5 "don't have a basic package" fee.

This only applies when you own the equipment.

Shawn

They've also lowered the price on all of the packages that have digital Starz. I picked up the Movie Lover's pack for $109.99 for 3 months. It includes all the analog and digital movie channels from HBO, MAX, Showtime, TMC, Starz, and Encore. It's over 80 channels in all. Of course the Starz and Encore analogs will bite the dust in January, but its still a pretty good deal.

Wow, that is a pretty good selection for the price which is even cheaper than Dish Network. How many are on each satellite? Like if someone did not have a dish that rotated but is remains pointing at only one location.

Stargazer said:
Wow, that is a pretty good selection for the price which is even cheaper than Dish Network. How many are on each satellite? Like if someone did not have a dish that rotated but is remains pointing at only one location.

I think G1 has the most of any satellite, around 30 or 40. Those are HBO/Max/Starz/Encore channels. Don't think there's any Showtime/TMC channels on that one. The rest are fairly evenly distributed between 3 or 4 other sats. If you take a look at Lyngsat or the NPS web site, you can get the complete breakdown. I think if you go out to a full year, the price per month works out to a little less.

iammike said:
I think G1 has the most of any satellite, around 30 or 40. Those are HBO/Max/Starz/Encore channels. Don't think there's any Showtime/TMC channels on that one. The rest are fairly evenly distributed between 3 or 4 other sats. If you take a look at Lyngsat or the NPS web site, you can get the complete breakdown. I think if you go out to a full year, the price per month works out to a little less.

lots of sho stuff on C3 4dtv....but not like G1...also G5 is Ok but like you said....G1 is tops...I hear it is about to be replaced by G15, launched in the beginning of dec!!! All right...I was around when G1 was launched!!!
Feeling ancient!
jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.