Starz losing subs battle with Ergen looms

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't be coy. It's been years since I've been in Chicago. Fill us peons in. ;)

Regardless, I'm absolutely sure that there weren't millions of Dish AJA viewers asking for a bandwidth increase on 216.
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I was just saying that if you were a Pub member of the forum you would know what channel was rumored to return. Scott has asked us to keep what is talked about in the Pub Members forum in the Pub Members forum.
Regarding AJ America, I concur, and that is why I stated that they could likely be paying Dish to carry it.

AJA is the only one of the 24 hour news channels that actually reports the news and not all the crap. Thats why it isn't as heavily viewed as the others. Stupid americans prefer all the gossip and "entertainment" crap
I have said it for awhile now, but "infotainment".

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
AJA is the only one of the 24 hour news channels that actually reports the news and not all the crap. Thats why it isn't as heavily viewed as the others. Stupid americans prefer all the gossip and "entertainment" crap

Scott, you should bring back the 'UNLIKE' button just for this post.

I won't get political here but your post is crap and if you think we Americans are so stupid please feel free to leave the country immediately.

Reactions: Troch77
Scott, you should bring back the 'UNLIKE' button just for this post.

I won't get political here but your post is crap and if you think we Americans are so stupid please feel free to leave the country immediately.
Take it easy. Where in my post does it say all americans are stupid? Where does it say america is stupid? Also why is that always the go to argument if somebody happens to say something about America or americans that may not agree with you?

Reactions: Stormy_2021
Take it easy. Where in my post does it say all americans are stupid? Where does it say america is stupid? Also why is that always the go to argument if somebody happens to say something about America or americans that may not agree with you?

You clearly said 'stupid americans'. Why not just say stupid people? I think only stupid people would watch aljizzera.

It's not a question of agreeing with me or not. You insulted all Americans. I'm patriotic and proud to be an American and if you're not please go somewhere else.

You clearly said 'stupid americans'. Why not just say stupid people? I think only stupid people would watch aljazeera.

I'm patriotic and proud to be an American and if you're not please go somewhere else.
Thats called blind patriotism. You can be patriotic and love your country and still be critical of certain things. But whatever dude. You need to take it easy. Your on a satellite tv forums website totally freaking out.

Reactions: Stormy_2021
Thats called blind patriotism. You can be patriotic and love your country and still be critical of certain things. But whatever dude. You need to take it easy. Your on a satellite tv forums website totally freaking out.

You're the one who needs to take it easy and remember where you are and take your political crap elsewhere. You called Americans 'stupid'. How smart was that?

There IS an "Unlike" button. You just have to click the "Like" button first. :D

Remember the real 'Unlike' button? I think that's what it was called. It didn't last very long if I remember correctly. ;)

You're the one who needs to take it easy and remember where you are and take your political crap elsewhere. You called Americans 'stupid'. How smart was that?
Once again, never said all americans.
Also you are making it more political then i did. My comment was not made in any political manner. It was simply a statement about how the 24 news channels have turned into infotainment, as chad put it, with the exception of AJA. But one thing that is great about america, is that people can say things that may make you upset but they still have the right.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I was just saying that if you were a Pub member of the forum you would know what channel was rumored to return. Scott has asked us to keep what is talked about in the Pub Members forum in the Pub Members forum.
Regarding AJ America, I concur, and that is why I stated that they could likely be paying Dish to carry it.

OK, the info in the pub forum is separate from the AJA upgrade. Thanks for the clarification. You weren't being sarcastic, I was just being creative in my response. :)

Got to disagree. Live channels are going downhill, now that they are playing the sane redundant movies. Too many multiplex channels.
It's better then the internet bottle neck that would occur in my house with 4 rooms streaming OnDemand all the time.
If you don't like live channels, then nothing is stopping you from canceling your DISH service.

Here's the problem for Starz, HBO is $10, Starz is not in the same league as HBO so they need to be less than $10 if they have a chance of attracting more subscribers than they have. The movie companies they get movies from is not as many as HBO or Showtime has either. Given that, I can see them dropping from being a premium movie package to being more like Epix.
As a guess DISH will want them to be less than HBO, would be willing to offer their channels for something like $6. I don't know that Starz would allow their product to be included in a package unless they have given up being a premium selection.

It has been a substandard premium service for a long time now, with it's distracting snipes and graphics advertising its shows during movies and not leaving the end credits alone.

I cancelled my starz channels. I was already recieve it VOD with the Platinum package. I also was going to cancel hbo/sho/max but when I did online they offered hbo $10/month "everyday special price" an d the other two 50% off for six months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts