Stay with Voom or switch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Well I have been reading a lot of complaints about Voom, so I would like for you all to do a poll. Feel free to leave your comments.

Brrrrr

The fat lady would have to be in ice skates, on a frozen pond in hell for me to ever to use Charter Cable TV Services again in my natural life. I would go back to Dtv if they had more content as they offer the NFL Ticket. I m overall happy with V*

If you want Hi Def there is no choice. However, I keep Direct TV for the NFL ticket and the regional sports package + the OUTDOOR Channel for $12 per month. If VOOM adds all the Discovery Channels + All the Nickolodean channels + Science, techtv, scfi,usa, lifetime, lifetime movies and fox movies, hdnet, inhd1, inhd2 they will be the only game in town, except for the specialty sport packages. VOOM Rocks stay with it. Why pay $10-$11 per month 6 channels, doesn't make sense if you have and HDTV. The customer service has improved massivley in the last 2 weeks. I feel they are on the verge of a major success story.

I think Voom should merge with Dish Network and than they may pick up more channels and the NFL ticket.Have to wait and see what Voom does by the end of the year.

My biggest complaint right now at this moment with voom is their signal strength. I'm buying a place and their weak signal strength has prevented me from getting several places I liked because there was a tree in the way. Dtv gets through the trees just fine. If I can't find a place with not a single tree in sight, I may have to switch back to dtv (ugh), but otherwise I will stay with voom. I'll be checking the LOS with a compass today at the place I put an offer on. Hopefully the one solitary tree there is not in the way.

lostcause said:
My biggest complaint right now at this moment with voom is their signal strength. I'm buying a place and their weak signal strength has prevented me from getting several places I liked because there was a tree in the way. Dtv gets through the trees just fine. If I can't find a place with not a single tree in sight, I may have to switch back to dtv (ugh), but otherwise I will stay with voom. I'll be checking the LOS with a compass today at the place I put an offer on. Hopefully the one solitary tree there is not in the way.
I agree, the low power was a real engineering blunder. I can go outside and spit and the dish will get rain fade. It is far worse than anything I experienced with my D* triple LNB dish.

kfried001 said:
If you want Hi Def there is no choice. However, I keep Direct TV for the NFL ticket and the regional sports package + the OUTDOOR Channel for $12 per month. If VOOM adds all the Discovery Channels + All the Nickolodean channels + Science, techtv, scfi,usa, lifetime, lifetime movies and fox movies, hdnet, inhd1, inhd2 they will be the only game in town, except for the specialty sport packages. VOOM Rocks stay with it. Why pay $10-$11 per month 6 channels, doesn't make sense if you have and HDTV. The customer service has improved massivley in the last 2 weeks. I feel they are on the verge of a major success story.
The end of 2005 will be very important. IF V* hasnt straightened out its problems and delivered its promises it may be time to kick this dog to the curb if D* has a bunch of HD by then.

Voom is sooo much better than the TWC cable that I had for the same price. Voom gives me a ton of programming more than TWC ever did. With TWC I had 6 HD ch's , 4 of which were local HD ch's.....with Voom and the lowest package I have around 4 times more HD than I had.....Im a Voomer ....with Directv.

I'm sticking it out. Once my channel map was fixed I'm now content :)

I won't ever go back to Dish or DirecTV. If VOOM fails I'll go back to an OTA ony home.

I'm switching to D* for several reasons. Before Voom I'd become accustomed to having a DVR. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I didn't have one. Now that I've got my hands on a HR10-250, I'm gone. Sure, Voom is getting a DVR. We've seen how quickly they've acted on other issues. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know there are fewer HD channels on D*. But they've got HBO, and as long as I can watch Deadwood and the Sopranos in HD, I'm happy. They've also got PPV, another promised Voom feature we have yet to see.

Another reason is lack of quality SD channels. I'm tired of begging for Food and HGTV. I'll also be getting BBC America back, which I've missed. HD is great, but only if the things you actually want to watch are in HD.

I will miss Cinema 10 and Worldsport. I can live with that.

It is quite funny that when there was E* and D* only. Everybody yelled for an HD provider. VOOM comes along and gets ridicule by the HD crowd for not having SD channels. Not saying that it's wrong that anyone decides to switch to E*, D* or Cable because they have more SD. I am just saying that it is funny how people's perception can change.

In my case, I had a PVR as well but it is now collecting dust. Those SD channels mean nothing to me. The more we support the SD channels the less that these SD channels will ever have a need to convert to HD. Give me HD channels and you got my $$$.

Now going back to the VOOM question. Voom may have its own problem like every satellite or cable provider has its problems but until anyone else can match them, I am staying put.

Sean Mota said:
In my case, I had a PVR as well but it is now collecting dust. Those SD channels mean nothing to me. The more we support the SD channels the less that these SD channels will ever have a need to convert to HD. Give me HD channels and you got my $$$.

The HR10-250 is an HD DVR. I'm sure if you had one of these it wouldn't be collecting dust :)

Whether I watch HD or SD, it's important for me to control my TV watching, not my provider. DVR equals freedom.

Sticking with VOOM for now

As I have posted before, I added DishNet to get Regional Sports. I'll wait and see what happens this Fall but I really don't like paying for two services.

Sean Mota said:
It is quite funny that when there was E* and D* only. Everybody yelled for an HD provider. VOOM comes along and gets ridicule by the HD crowd for not having SD channels. Not saying that it's wrong that anyone decides to switch to E*, D* or Cable because they have more SD. I am just saying that it is funny how people's perception can change.

Personally I don't miss dtv at all with the exception of scifi channel. Sure there are some bugs with voom, but with time they will get sorted out. I'm very worried about the signal strengththough. Since I'm moving and the place has trees around it, I may be forced to switch back to dtv since vooms signal is affected by trees that normally don't even bother dtv.

....have I complained enough on all the other threads about the signal strength and trees yet?? :rolleyes:

Odys said:
The HR10-250 is an HD DVR. I'm sure if you had one of these it wouldn't be collecting dust :)

Whether I watch HD or SD, it's important for me to control my TV watching, not my provider. DVR equals freedom.

Odys,

I do not disagree with you. The DVR is important and I want one in HD that can do all those fantastics things. My 721 DVR, however, is an SD DVR and I have no purpose for it because I do not watch SD programming anymore. I thought about investing in a 921 but it was too much money and not much content and with all the problems, made it impossible. Anyway, I agree with you about the DVR. I recognize it is important and cannot wait until VOOM's DVR is out.

Puleeze

If you're thinking about switching just do it and don't whine about it. Honestly, I'm tired of hearing people whine about Voom when they decide to cancel. Just cancel your service, sign up for whatever service you want and stop complaining. If you read the posts where people are leaving it's always for the same reasons...pq, rain fade, no dvr, yadda yadda yadda. If it bothers you that much just do it.

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)