STB not able to display signal

Ferdy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
Broussard, LA USA
Need help here----

Has anyone experienced a problem with their STB's in this respect:

Channel 3.1 in my box is mapped for KATC in Lafayette, LA. When the box was first installed (about a month ago) I was receiving this channel just fine.
I then called VOOM CSR to report incorrect channel mapping which was also reported to Sean Mota. The rep sent a "hit" to the box while I was on the phone with her to see if that would re-map my box for the missing OTA channels. After the usual re-boot procedures, that did not solve the mapping issue. However, at about the same time, my box will not tune the 3.1 KATC signal, although the carrier is still there. I can verify this by going into system status and checking signal quality and power. As a matter of fact, this signal is stronger than any of my other OTA's and they are coming in fine, with no drop outs or pixelation. So, I now have a another problem in addition to the mapping problem. I am certain that this is not an antenna related problem, it is some sort of decoding problem with the box. After a wasted call to VOOM to try to explain this to them, they have no clue of course. By the way, I have 2 VOOM STB's and neither one can decode the signal, so it's not a problem with the box itself.

Can this problem be related to the "hit" sent to the box?
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Remember, the carrier signal is there, and very strong.
I called the station engineer to make sure that they did not change anything with their broadcast signal, and the answer was no. Their response, to be exact, was "It has to be a problem with your box, it's not us".

By the way, Sean, if you are monitoring this thread, one of my missing channels was mapped in last night, still missing some, though. Thanks for your help with the mapping, now I need help with this issue---

Sean?

Anyone?

If nothing changes by tomorrow, I would call them again and ask them to send another hit...

This is in response to "Ferdy":
I have had this happen with one of my local stations. Don't blame it on VOOM.
Try calling the local station and reporting it to them. I did and they went up on
the mountain and hit a reset button on their computer and lo-and-behold, instant
picture.
Now back to the original thread: Where is the release of the scanning software?

Ok, since Ferdy started a new thread on this subject, I am mooving our replies from another thread here...

Thanks for responding kc7---

I've tried that---4 calls as a matter of fact, speaking with 3 different station engineers who swear that nothing is wrong or has been changed with their signal, even had them check the log book for any changes that might have been made with their broadcast signal on or about the day that I lost it----nothing-------I wish you could call them and ask which "switch" they hit on the computer and let me know----I miss my ABC-----very frustrating---

Sean, do you know what the status is for getting the local ABC affiliate mapped for the area code 61548 in Central Illinois. The station is WHOI, I know we traded a couple emails about this, but I haven't seen anything done yet.

They are still updating the mapping. I have sent a lot of requests to them. Some of them has been done some of them are still work in progress. Hang in there. I believe manual scan will come soon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts