Strong rumors TV 2 soon to be unlocked on 922

i got my update this morning of 11/30/2010 the new S110 software has rolled out to the Slingloaded ViP 922 receiver! This update enables Dual Mode for full TV2 output!

HOW DO I GET IT TO WORK TO DUAL MODE ON TV2 WHERE I CAN WATCH 2 DIFFERENT THINGS ON BOTH TVS?:confused::)THANK YOU FOR ANY REPLIES AND HELP

i got my update this morning of 11/30/2010 the new S110 software has rolled out to the Slingloaded ViP 922 receiver! This update enables Dual Mode for full TV2 output!

HOW DO I GET IT TO WORK TO DUAL MODE ON TV2 WHERE I CAN WATCH 2 DIFFERENT THINGS ON BOTH TVS?:confused::)THANK YOU FOR ANY REPLIES AND HELP

It's in the menu if you would look. There's a settings option that is called Solo/Duo mode

then it takes off pip and i still cant change channels on tv2 why is that?thank you for help and any replies i appreciate it:)

It "takes off PIP" because you can't have it in dual mode and have PIP. In order to change the channels on TV 2 you need a remote assigned to TV 2. You have a couple of options. You can get a second 32.0 remote or you can change the 32.0 remote to TV 2 and then use any other dish remote as your TV1 remote in IR mode (you will need to enable this in the remote menu)

remote for TV2

yes, if you go in to the menu and select Duo mode. TV2 is enabled. To use the the 32 remote with tv2 you have to pull the "tab" or key at the bottom of the remote and flip itover from 1 to 2. So, as stated above. a Dish IR remote can be used for TV1 (assuming your the 922 is next to TV1) and the provided 32 remote with the tab turned to TV2 can be used for TV2.

does up grading to the 922 cost more per month? I am not interested in the sling capability, but I like the looks of the 922 receiver, especially now if it functions like the 722

does up grading to the 922 cost more per month? I am not interested in the sling capability, but I like the looks of the 922 receiver, especially now if it functions like the 722
4 bucks, 4 bucks, 4 bucks!!! lol, yes the 922 requires a 4 dollar more a month DVR fee, so you pay 10 instead of 6.

Can you get dish to send give you the discounted one if you only have a 922??

As far as I know you can not order a google box for your account through DISH if you don't have either a 722 or 722k on your account and if you do they will automatically add the $4.00 integration fee. You aren't missing much by not having the integration feature. You miss having your dvr recordings and vods included in your search results. You can't do timers directly through your search features either. You can do those searches through your regular guide on the receiver itself. Scott said he didn't see a need for the fee either and dropped his integration fee through his account online.

You can also order a google box if you have a 622. (I just did this through my mom's account). :)

I'm surprised that no one is talking about the fact that you can final change from solo to dual mode in the menu instead of just on the front of the receiver. I have been wanting this feature on every receiver since the 942! This seems like it might just be me being lazy but the fact that the receiver can be changed from another room is huge! I like it Dish!

I'm surprised that no one is talking about the fact that you can final change from solo to dual mode in the menu instead of just on the front of the receiver. I have been wanting this feature on every receiver since the 942! This seems like it might just be me being lazy but the fact that the receiver can be changed from another room is huge! I like it Dish!
Most people didn't notice. Dual mode is usually a set it and forget it thing. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)