Sunbeam Television Shuts Out DIRECTV NFL Fans in Miami in Attempt to Extract 300 Percent Pay Increas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is from the Boston website posted today from what I could tell ...

Programming Notice

Notice to DirectTV Subscribers

Notice to DirecTV subscribers: Sunbeam Television Corporation, the parent company of WHDH-TV Channel 7 and WLVI Channel 56, could not come to an agreement regarding a renewal of its carriage agreement with DirecTV. As of now,, you will not be able to view WHDH and WLVI on DirecTV, but you can receive Channel 7 and Channel 56 over the air and from other cable and satellite providers.

If you would like to voice your concerns to DirecTV, here’s the number to call. 1-800-531 5000.

Read more: Boston News, Massachusetts News, Weather & Sports 7NEWS WHDH-TV WHDH.COM

I think that is the nicest worded programming dispute communication ever!

Of the local affiliate has issues and gives directv permission the can run an adjacent market temporarily.

In this situation I don't see Sunbeam giving Directv that permission.

This is from the Boston website posted today from what I could tell ...

Programming Notice

Notice to DirectTV Subscribers

Notice to DirecTV subscribers: Sunbeam Television Corporation, the parent company of WHDH-TV Channel 7 and WLVI Channel 56, could not come to an agreement regarding a renewal of its carriage agreement with DirecTV. As of now,, you will not be able to view WHDH and WLVI on DirecTV, but you can receive Channel 7 and Channel 56 over the air and from other cable and satellite providers.

If you would like to voice your concerns to DirecTV, here’s the number to call. 1-800-531 5000.

Read more: Boston News, Massachusetts News, Weather & Sports 7NEWS WHDH-TV WHDH.COM

I think that is the nicest worded programming dispute communication ever!

At least they tried .... more than the people choosing what to do did.

Of the local affiliate has issues and gives directv permission the can run an adjacent market temporarily.

In this situation I don't see Sunbeam giving Directv that permission.

But, I remember them opening up them for the entire United States(at least the east coast DNS feeds)

That was because of a affiliate having trouble with the signal, not a dispute over contracts.

I don't see why local affiliates should even be allowed to charge cable and satellite companies to retransmit their signals, as long as the signal is rebroadcast to the same market.

rey_1178 said:
You think directv would open up one of the fox channels for us?

Sorry Rey
I lost Fox as well in Broward County.
I guess that's why I pay a fortune with my
Other system.
However if I still had my roof antenna
Problem solved.
I wonder what the local bars did in South Florida? Most of them use Direc tv.
Plus the sports chains down here as well.
They must have lost a ton of business.

I really don't see many subs of any company switching in Boston to get channels 7 and 56. WHDH carries NBC, which I think is dead last in ratings in the big four. When they're not broadcasting the network it's second rate news or crap like Entertainment Tonight. As for WLVI, many teenage girls will be pissed not getting to watch CW programming. Other than that, it's reruns of Friends and Family Guy, good shows, but TBS has it covered. Good for DirecTV telling them to screw.

I really don't see many subs of any company switching in Boston to get channels 7 and 56. WHDH carries NBC, which I think is dead last in ratings in the big four. When they're not broadcasting the network it's second rate news or crap like Entertainment Tonight. As for WLVI, many teenage girls will be pissed not getting to watch CW programming. Other than that, it's reruns of Friends and Family Guy, good shows, but TBS has it covered. Good for DirecTV telling them to screw.
Right, I never watch WHDH or 56 personally and will avoid them from here on in if they ever come back. I do hope that DirecTV could get some FCC waiver (Or something) to allow them to broadcast the national NBC feed for the Super Bowl however.

I was out at one of my Commercial Bar DirecTV customers Saturday afternoon, helping them hook up a comcast box to their system for the missing games. NOT COOL:(

how is it a commercial establishment didn't already have a great OTA setup in place? ouch

It would appear that DirecTV has stepped up. The NBC national feed is on.
Where exactly do you live in the Boston DMA??? I live about 70 miles west of Boston, can't get WHDH or WLVI via my antenna and do not have access to WNBC. I called D* and they had no answers. I am getting very frustrated that some subs in the market can get WNBC while others can't. I wonder if the FCC is aware of this?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)