Sunday Ticket HD Games

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I noticed today, that my HR10-250 Tivo is now showing the games of 9/10
listed in the guide(700's) but not the H/D ones yet.

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Number of HD games: Same as last year. 6 Fox games in HD, 3 CBS games in HD. All others are in not in HD (on Sunday Ticket anyway).

Games are in the mid 700s.

DirecTV cannot provide a yearly HD schedule for Sunday Ticket since Fox and CBS don't figure out what games they will do in HD until the week before. Last year this was usually on Wednesday and by Thursday DirecTV had the HD channels listed on the Sunday Ticket schedule which you can have emailed to you each week.

Last edited:
moonman said:
I noticed today, that my HR10-250 Tivo is now showing the games of 9/10
listed in the guide(700's) but not the H/D ones yet.
Thats interesting, My guide on my H10 does not show games in the 700's yet as in which games on what channels, but I really don't need to know till 1 pm on Sunday, so it's really no big deal, at least to me.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Thats interesting, My guide on my H10 does not show games in the 700's yet as in which games on what channels, but I really don't need to know till 1 pm on Sunday, so it's really no big deal, at least to me.

Jimbo
--------
Perhaps you need to force a call to tivo..I did today, and the guide clearly shows them(not the fancy guide. but the list one)

I know FOX and CBS do not air all their games in HD. I also now know FOX airs six of their sunday games in HD and CBS does half of that with three. This is how the two networks broadcast HD...A total of nine per week? Does D* indeed broadcast EVERY game that is being done in HD by FOX and CBS every week? Or do they have a limit for some reason? The Broncos @Rams is being done in HD by CBS this sunday...But D* does not list it as an HD broadcast. They have nine listed for HD...The DEn/STL game would have made a 10th. This leads me to believe that D* does not carry all the HD games FOX and CBS broadcast...

Here's the NFL Week 1 Schedule

Here's the NFL Week 1 schedule as it exists right now.

They always slip in some last minute changes, so I'll wait to publish this chart under its own thread on Wednesday.

However - in the meantime, here's what Week 1 looks like.

NOTE: You'll need to plug in your own SDTV/HDTV Locals. The local stations shown and the times shown are for San Diego.

Let me know if you like this kind of chart. If there is enough interest, I'll post it weekly.
Gary

Last edited:
HBKbiggestfan said:
I know FOX and CBS do not air all their games in HD. I also now know FOX airs six of their sunday games in HD and CBS does half of that with three. This is how the two networks broadcast HD...A total of nine per week? Does D* indeed broadcast EVERY game that is being done in HD by FOX and CBS every week? Or do they have a limit for some reason? The Broncos @Rams is being done in HD by CBS this sunday...But D* does not list it as an HD broadcast. They have nine listed for HD...The DEn/STL game would have made a 10th. This leads me to believe that D* does not carry all the HD games FOX and CBS broadcast...

As I posted above, yes, DirecTV carries every single Sunday afternoon game broadcast in HD. What games are in HD won't even be finalized until Wednesday or Thursday. It's the way it worked every week last year, expect the same this year.

i got ST and SF for my INDY COLTS as i am in the cowboys market, love cowboys also. i asked because this is my first time with ST...

bonscott87 said:
As I posted above, yes, DirecTV carries every single Sunday afternoon game broadcast in HD. What games are in HD won't even be finalized until Wednesday or Thursday. It's the way it worked every week last year, expect the same this year.

was it the year before all the games were in the 90's? I remember them all in the 90's and swore they were in the 90's and the 700's last year... I remember having to just to the 700's and thought it was annoying for games that were SD and not being shown in HD.

Alvarez said:
was it the year before all the games were in the 90's? I remember them all in the 90's and swore they were in the 90's and the 700's last year... I remember having to just to the 700's and thought it was annoying for games that were SD and not being shown in HD.
I think your correct,,it was a few years back when they were not in the 700's or locals.

HBKbiggestfan said:
This is incorrect ...
ALL FOX games last year were in HD and most CBS were as well.
IF your a NFC follower your game will be in HD (NFC is on FOX)

The part I do not understand is when the new TV contracts were signed all the games were supposed to be in HD and no more blackouts. Does anyone know why that is not the case this year? It is about time that CBS airs all the games in HD. ESPN and ABC had how many HD games Saturday? ABC had 2, believe it or not but Stanford-Oregon was in HD, and ESPN had at least 5. CBS better get into the 21st century.

Jimbos said:
This is incorrect ...
ALL FOX games last year were in HD and most CBS were as well.
IF your a NFC follower your game will be in HD (NFC is on FOX)

Sorry, but it was definitively without doubt a fact that Fox shows 6 games in HD and CBS shows 3. While a vast majority of Fox games are in HD, there was no point that they showed all games in HD if they had more than 6 on any given Sunday. Here is the direct quote from foxsports.com:
FOX Sports' 2006 NFL broadcast schedule once again boasts an unmatched offering of high-definition programming. Starting with three preseason broadcasts in August, six games each week during the regular season and complete coverage throughout the NFL postseason for the third straight year, FOX Sports presents 104 games in 720p high-definition this season, representing 90 percent of all games covered. FOX Sports remains the only NFL broadcaster to produce as many as six NFL regular season games in HD each Sunday.

Fox is showing 6 games in HD (Only the 49ers-Cards game is not) and CBS is showing 3.
This is why the Superfan ad says "Up to 9 out-of-market HD games each week".
Very disappointing to me, but whatcha' gonna do?

There is some conflicting information, as my D* guide shows that the Ravens game will be in HD at 1pm but hdsportsguide.com shows the Broncos game. Both guides agree that the Bengals game and the Patriots game will be in HD. My wife is going to fuggin kill me if the Broncos game is SD. Pray for me.

Last edited:
HBKbiggestfan said:

No, D* carries them all. There is a discrepancy in the guides right now, with hdsportsguide.com showing the Broncos game in HD and my D* guide showing that it will be the Ravens. One of those games will be in HD and one will be in SD. We'll see where CBS wants to take their cameras. I think maybe hdsportsguide heard early that it would be the Broncos game, but CBS has since changed their mind.

I had heard the part about no more blackouts (except of course for non-sellouts in local area, those would always apply, am talking about for local broadcasts only) for somewhere, not sure, but from several sources, does anyone know if this is true or not true?

voltronvc said:
According to CBS's own schedule: http://sportsline.com/cbssports/schedules/page/nfl

It's the Broncos-Rams game that should be in HD (please please, huge Broncos fan here that just wants to see all the games in HD please please!).

Man I hope that's right and it's not the Ravens game like my guide says. You can see the guide here
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/epg/theGu...z=21044&c=24027&ct=&hc=1&sp=n&sd=a&d=253&h=15
And it's showing the Ravens on channel 725 as part of Superfan. Ugh.

Last edited:
geaux1 said:
I had heard the part about no more blackouts (except of course for non-sellouts in local area, those would always apply, am talking about for local broadcasts only) for somewhere, not sure, but from several sources, does anyone know if this is true or not true?
I am beginning to think that the no blackouts issue was never addressed by the networks, that we were all expecting it to happen, but nothing offically was done, I hope I am wrong. Same goes for the ALL games will be in HD this year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)