Sunday Ticket receiver ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pick0711

Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
So I have to go to a family event this Sunday, which drives me crazy becasue I hate missing Sunday ticket games that I pay a fortune for. So I have two questions for you guys.

1) If I take one of my receivers to my parents house (who has Directv) and plug it into their dish will I have my Sunday ticket?

2) If that does work, will my roomate still be able to watch Sunday Ticket on one of the other receivers at my house at the same time.

Thanks in advance!!!

isn't it techincally against DirecTV rules to do so.

Also, how can you take your current receiver, and take it onto another account, and get same channels.

Doesn't the receiver have to be associated with the current account?

isn't it techincally against DirecTV rules to do so.

Yes it is, and no one cares.

Also, how can you take your current receiver, and take it onto another account, and get same channels.

You're not taking it onto another 'account'. You're hooking it up to another dish. The receiver doesn't care if it's at my house, your house, or in the middle of the woods. As long as it gets the signal, it'll receive the programming it's authorized for.

Doesn't the receiver have to be associated with the current account?

It is associated with the account it is billed on, regardless of where in the country it is physically located.

Pick,
You may want to check and see what dish YOU are using and what one your parents are using, if they are the same, no problem, if not, ( your a SWM and they are not), you'll need to know this ...

IF your on a SWM and they are not, your OK, you'll need to run the "Repeat Sat Set Up" when you get there and change from your SWM settings to the dish they have and Multiswitch. This is IF you guys have different dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts