Sunday Ticket & Superfan FREE TRIAL on 9/13

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll enjoy all of my football games in HD:up

Many view it a different way. I am sure you spend $10 a week on something like going out to eat or coffee where I and many others don't. That totals $170 for the Season. Directv gave me NFL ST and SF for $149. I see it has I am $21 ahead of you.

Question about blackouts

Hi,

I live in NY with ST. Question is, if the Jets are blacked out in the NY Metro area, will I get the game?

Thanks,

Phil

If its on a local channel you can watch it there. They black it out so the local ads will be shown.

Further to what Joe said... it will only be TOTALLY blacked out if they don't sell out. And with a rookie quarterback and new head coach, plus several million fans in the metro area, I would sure hope they sell out. The Cincinnati Bungles, on the other hand, have no business selling out. Therefore, I'll be watching ST with SF every week!!! It's possible that even if the bungles are blacked out on local TV, the RZ channel may show them. I just would not be able to get it full screen. Last season they sold out every game (lotsa silly people in Cincy) but the opener is not yet sold out and it must be by 1PM today... that is AFTER a 24 hr. extension granted by the NoFunLeague. :cool:

Got the e-mail a little while ago...

Attachments

• DW_SFSD_mainImage.jpg
    DW_SFSD_mainImage.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 99
Further to what Joe said... it will only be TOTALLY blacked out if they don't sell out. And with a rookie quarterback and new head coach, plus several million fans in the metro area, I would sure hope they sell out. The Cincinnati Bungles, on the other hand, have no business selling out. Therefore, I'll be watching ST with SF every week!!! It's possible that even if the bungles are blacked out on local TV, the RZ channel may show them. I just would not be able to get it full screen. Last season they sold out every game (lotsa silly people in Cincy) but the opener is not yet sold out and it must be by 1PM today... that is AFTER a 24 hr. extension granted by the NoFunLeague. :cool:

The bengals are now sold out this week.

I got them to get me down to paying $91 bucks a month for everything I already have including ST and superfan. This is about 10 bucks less than I pay for my regular programming. My story was I was threatening to go back to cable because my cable company offers two markets (Orlando and West Palm Beach) which is a guaranteed 2 different games because Orlando is Bucs and Jaguars territory and West Palm is Dolphins and Giants (Must be the New Yorkers) territory.

I got them to get me down to paying $91 bucks a month for everything I already have including ST and superfan. This is about 10 bucks less than I pay for my regular programming. My story was I was threatening to go back to cable because my cable company offers two markets (Orlando and West Palm Beach) which is a guaranteed 2 different games because Orlando is Bucs and Jaguars territory and West Palm is Dolphins and Giants (Must be the New Yorkers) territory.
damn nice

i realize ST was a great payoff for me this year, because in Jax territory, I'll only get 2 games when Jags are home.

Well', kickof is today, enjoy free NFL.

I'll be using it to see if Favre still has it, after the Lions are down by enough :(

I don't subscribe to the NFL channels but today trying to get the preview, I'm getting error 727 on all of them. There are $ in the guide for those channels also. Is anyone else having this issue? I am running the latest CE and am wondering if that has something to do with it...

I checked out RedZone on dish for a little while today, VERY SIMILAR to DirecTV's.

I'll make a prediction / hope - when MLB took away the ability to do a strikezone channel by launching their own network, DirecTV dropped the MLB Superfan concept and made HD free as part of the regular package.

I hope that the NFL and DirecTV realize it is unnecessary to have two RedZone channels, and just eliminate it from Sunday Ticket, offering it to all customers (or as a sport pack option). That lessens Superfan (which is often given away free anyway), and they could make HD and the extra feautres (mobile viewing, shortcuts, etc) part of the regular $300 package.

I bet it would help them sell more sports pack, and more sunday ticket, and lessen production costs, using the NFL RedZone, which appears to be a high quality production, right up there with what DirecTV does.

I don't subscribe to the NFL channels but today trying to get the preview, I'm getting error 727 on all of them. There are $ in the guide for those channels also. Is anyone else having this issue? I am running the latest CE and am wondering if that has something to do with it...

Most games are over, there is just three going right now, and one will be on your fox station. Try the couple around 714.

Most games are over, there is just three going right now, and one will be on your fox station. Try the couple around 714.

I tried with the earlier games as well. We only got 2 early and 1 late game OTA in my market. So I've tried any of the other ones. They all come up blacked out and does a gamesearch. It doesn't find the games anywhere else. Game mix and Red zone channels do work though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts