SW64 (switch SCD-2P3) and BEV

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
To see if I would have any difference in signal of 82W of several points on Transponders 7,11,27 and 31 - as several points would put me from no go to marginal - I swapped out the SW21 with a SW64 I had laying around.

Obviously, BEV does not have 3 Satellites, but I assumed that would not be an issue.

After running a check switch, no switch box is detected.

Before I go extreme trying to troubleshoot this, does anyone know for sure if a SW64 is supported on BEV?

Yes the SW64 is supported by Bell. I know Stone Phillips420 has one set up and I saw it in action. It doesn't register on the check switch as aSW64 (I forget what it does say it is), but it does work

OK....with that info, I first switched out the AC Power - no go

Secondly switched out the inserter - no go

Went and switched the SW64 - bingo - bad SW64.

It registers as a SCD-2P3 instead of a SW-64, for future reference.

And I gained 1 point on 82W TP27. I don't think that is enough to help.

I am going to try and tweak the lnb more.

sw64 and bell definately works im using a sw64 for 6000c,3 5900's with berg's help
not a big fan of 1 of 38 check switch process but it goes fast enough
SCD-2P3 yup my switch shows that as well

Last edited:
Iceberg - you might want to modify topic to "SCD-2P3 - SW64 and BEV " so someone searching in future might stumble across it that way.

Amazingly, if you google SCD-2P3 or SCD2P3 there are no hits to anything related to BEV.

Last edited:
I can tell you after my experience after buying some of these cheap on eBay, DON'T BUY USED. I have a boatload of these with have one issue or another.

I would buy a sw44 but they seem way more expensive than the 64 and as for the used part of it, a lot of people seem to buy it from and its in working order. Just out of curiosity what are some drawbacks to having a used sw64 rather then a new one

I have several used off ebay when they try to sell off several at a time.

All 10 have various issues, but I thought I was getting a great price!!!!!

You have been warned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)