Swanni keeps bashing direc tv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ice I dont think I flamed anyone all my post said was:
Even then; according to the taping notes its only 480i / letterboxed 16:9
I just want some of these posters to step up and tell what exactly we are missing in HD on some of these channels.

your post is still there.

Everone stop fighting and answer questions with relevant posts.

"I just want some of these posters to step up and tell what exactly we are missing in HD on some of these channels."

We know. Thanks for stating the obvious. But that doesn't mean it's okay for DirecTV not to have core, non-premiums in HD while Dish Network and cable systems are providing them.

tell us what HD programs are we missing? not the channels they reside on, but the shows themselves? ....and only those shows that are actually in HD..

I wish you guys would stop avoiding actually answering the direct question and provide the facts.

tell us what HD programs are we missing? not the channels they reside on, but the shows themselves? ....and only those shows that are actually in HD..

I wish you guys would stop avoiding actually answering the direct question and provide the facts.

:popcorn

And yes, we all agree on AMC, so no need to rehash the 'academy award winning' series line. And DIY would be nice too. But what is so important that we MUST see in HD on E! or Style, or <gasp!> HSN and QVC??

I would like to see more basic hd, who wouldn't? I could just as easily say that it's not okay for Dish to not have basic sports channels. See how it works? IOW, no provider can be all things to all people.

Which "basics sports channels"?

DirecTV's failure to deliver AMC, BBC America, Turner Classic Movies, and a slew of others that are available generally by others (satellite rival Dish Network and cable operators, who carry DirecTV's more-than-half-owned GSN) in HD, is nothing extreme let alone in the vicinity of "all things to all people."

Your argument is a false premise. If you think a DirecTV-vs.-Dish Network discussion were in play here, you should argue about Dish Network needing to carry more foreign-language channels in high def. (Which ever ones have an HD feed not yet carried on Dish Network.)

I'm on topic here. You are not. Given that August will mark one year since Dish Network added AMC HD, it is yet one more reason why Phillip Swann is correct with the substance.

Last edited:
:popcorn

And yes, we all agree on AMC, so no need to rehash the 'academy award winning' series line. And DIY would be nice too. But what is so important that we MUST see in HD on E! or Style, or <gasp!> HSN and QVC??

AMC was also one of the only channels I saw as well; with some interest, but that constitutes one "missing" channel, not "scores" as they would have everyone believe.

(satellite rival Dish Network and cable operators, who carry DirecTV's more-than-half-owned GSN) .

That's the third time you've said that, and the third time you've failed to point out WHAT exactly you would get in HD. GSN is about 98% non-HD content. That content is upconverted and stretched so you gain exactly nothing except the inability to watch it in 4:3 like it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
Only issue is, Comcast is Different in different cities.
Yours may be GREAT, but the next city, maybe not.

It's a good point. One should look at the lineup in his/her area; and would be wise to look at another Comcast-serviced area. Headquartered in Philadelphia, if I have this correct, it is in this area one would find its most up-to-date offerings of HD (premiums and non-premiums in national programming). Of course, there are some areas with HD lineups being comparable. One would routinely find at least 15 non-premiums DirecTV carries only in SD available in HD by Comcast. (In my area, there are over 20.) So, doing some research is wise.

By the way: While agreeing with Swanni, I want to say that I am hoping DirecTV comes through with non-premiums before the year ends. It is past the point of being ridiculous that AMC, Turner Classic Movies, and many others are available, in HD, not on DirecTV but on the systems of its competitors.

Everone stop fighting and answer questions with relevant posts.

"I just want some of these posters to step up and tell what exactly we are missing in HD on some of these channels."

I find most of the programming on E! to be a waste. I am entertained by Chelsea Lately, however.

We are all entitled to our opinions. It's the way they are presented that can be an issue.

According to the taping notes:

Chelsea Lately is 480i that is up-converted to 1080i

The Soup has been HD for just under 1 year. I am sure many of the clips aren't.

but at least you are providing some info toward the question. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)