Swanni keeps bashing direc tv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
According to the taping notes:

Chelsea Lately is 480i that is up-converted to 1080i

The Soup has been HD for just under 1 year. I am sure many of the clips aren't.

but at least you are providing some info toward the question. Thanks!

If it's just upconverted, then I care even less about getting E! in hd.

Which is the reason there are two major satellite providers! Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

How can I tell you whats on E!HD if I don't have it? That's why I want it. People do understand there are more than one provider for services. Were not Stupid as you insist. You yourself called them a "provider", so how bout "Providing"! I live in the South so the last thing I want to see are the damn yankees.

in other words you don't know what your are or are not missing you just want it cause you don't have it? I can look on their posted schedule and see what on. There isn't a lot of worthwhile HD to me. Go have a look on their website or on titantv.

How can I tell you whats on E!HD if I don't have it? That's why I want it. People do understand there are more than one provider for services. Were not Stupid as you insist. You yourself called them a "provider", so how bout "Providing"! I live in the South so the last thing I want to see are the damn yankees.

I don't think you came close to understanding what I wrote or what I meant by it. Since Iceberg wisely removed it, it's a moot point now.

As a Dish customer, let me tell you my experience and what to expect with these HD channels.

AMC HD: New shows and all movies in HD. PQ may not look as good on some older movies. Don't expect shows like Three stooges to in HD because they're not.
BBCA HD: Pretty much all shows are now HD or 16:9 SD. Since it's part-owned by Discovery, expect a few shows to be in "enhanced def" with the thinner black bars.
truTV HD: Used to be all stretch-o-vision. Not anymore. They actually have a few shows in true HD now.
E! and Style HD: Most shows are in HD now but the PQ is not the greatest compared to other channels.
DIY HD: Shows are either in HD or stretched (I never watch this channel)
GSN HD: The reruns are stretched but they actually have some new shows in true HD.
History International HD: Expect a similar experience to the regular History Channel HD.
TCM HD: Don't really watch this channel but I believe most movies are either HD or zoomed to fill in the picture.
Investigation Discovery HD: Expect a similar experience to the other Discovery channels.
OWN HD: Majority of the shows in HD but some like Dr.Phil reruns in true SD with black bars.
Cooking Channel HD: Expect a similar experience to Food Network HD.

If I'm missing anything, let me know, and I'll post my opinion about it.

Thanks for the details. I don't see many show names, but other than AMC and maybe BBC; it seems we aren't missing much.

Their slogan is "not reality...actuality" is its more of "reality" shows

Some of what I watch
Monday is All Worked Up, Lizard Lick Towing and Southern Fried Stings (depending on what time of year)
Tuesday is Hardcore Pawn
Wednesday is Operation Repo and (new show) South Beach Tow

The rest of the week I dont watch....

Their slogan is "not reality...actuality" is its more of "reality" shows

Some of what I watch
Monday is All Worked Up, Lizard Lick Towing and Southern Fried Stings (depending on what time of year)
Tuesday is Hardcore Pawn
Wednesday is Operation Repo and (new show) South Beach Tow

The rest of the week I dont watch....

I watch Bait Car from time to time

AMC HD: New shows and all movies in HD. PQ may not look as good on some older movies. Don't expect shows like Three stooges to in HD because they're not.
BBCA HD: Pretty much all shows are now HD or 16:9 SD. Since it's part-owned by Discovery, expect a few shows to be in "enhanced def" with the thinner black bars.
truTV HD: Used to be all stretch-o-vision. Not anymore. They actually have a few shows in true HD now.
E! and Style HD: Most shows are in HD now but the PQ is not the greatest compared to other channels.
DIY HD: Shows are either in HD or stretched (I never watch this channel)
GSN HD: The reruns are stretched but they actually have some new shows in true HD.
History International HD: Expect a similar experience to the regular History Channel HD.
TCM HD: Don't really watch this channel but I believe most movies are either HD or zoomed to fill in the picture.
Investigation Discovery HD: Expect a similar experience to the other Discovery channels.
OWN HD: Majority of the shows in HD but some like Dr.Phil reruns in true SD with black bars.
Cooking Channel HD: Expect a similar experience to Food Network HD.

If I'm missing anything, let me know, and I'll post my opinion about it.

This is very helpful info, and it's kind of you to post. It lets me imagine what DirecTV would add, from the non-premiums, if picture quality was a concern in selecting from those it is behind in adding in HD. I've seen Style Network, in HD, and it looks great. (I'm not referring to Dish Network's signal; I can't say anything on that matter.)

I think DirecTV has become cheapened. That it is choosing not to spend the money on a carriage agreement for the likes of an AMC HD or a TCM HD or ….

By the way: Can you tell us what you think about Nat Geo Wild HD? (Other non-premiums carried only in SD by DirecTV, that Dish Network has in HD, include: Centric HD, Galavision HD, Headline News HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, Logo HD, and RFD HD. This amounts to nearly 20 carried in HD by Dish Network which, for at least the majority of that number, should also be made available by DirecTV.)

Thank you!

This is very helpful info, and it's kind of you to post. It lets me imagine what DirecTV would add, from the non-premiums, if picture quality was a concern in selecting from those it is behind in adding in HD. I've seen Style Network, in HD, and it looks great. (I'm not referring to Dish Network's signal; I can't say anything on that matter.)

I think DirecTV has become cheapened. That it is choosing not to spend the money on a carriage agreement for the likes of an AMC HD or a TCM HD or ….

By the way: Can you tell us what you think about Nat Geo Wild HD? (Other non-premiums carried only in SD by DirecTV, that Dish Network has in HD, include: Centric HD, Galavision HD, Headline News HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, Logo HD, and RFD HD. This amounts to nearly 20 carried in HD by Dish Network which, for at least the majority of that number, should also be made available by DirecTV.)

Thank you!
Centric HD: Pretty much nothing in HD
Galavision HD: They've been adding more shows in HD and the PQ is pretty good
HLN HD: It's just the same as CNN HD now.
LMN HD: If the movie is in HD, the PQ is pretty good. If it's not HD, it's stretched.
Logo HD: Never really watched the channel, but last time I checked, there's nothing in HD
RFD HD: Only a few shows in HD, but when it's available, the PQ is pretty good.
Nat Geo Wild HD: Plenty of shows in HD but the PQ is just OK.

Last edited:
Only issue is, Comcast is Different in different cities.
Yours may be GREAT, but the next city, maybe not.

The entire Chicago Metro area is served on 12 different systems that are all mirrored the same. Usually what happens is we will get it first, and it will filter to other areas within a few years.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts