TBS5922SE USB DVB-S2 Tuner with Raspberry pi

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Siddhant

Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
India
Hi,
I have successfully completed the steps mentioned in Hobbyist Open Source Satellite Receiver - Raspberry Pi 2 Instructions and Tips to interface TBS5922SE with raspberry pi. It is mentioned in that thread that it wont work with TBS5922SE but only with TBS5922. Why is that?

I have successfully compiled the drivers for TBS5922SE and after adding the firmware file for TBS5922SE which is dvb-usb-tbsqbox-id5923.fw (as suggested by TBS guys) in /lib/firmware. I have attached the output i am getting after typing # dmesg in the terminal.

please provide any suggestions to interface TBS5922SE with raspberry pi correctly.

Attachments

• error_firmware.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 404
It appears that the SE and non-SE cards are not all that compatible when it comes to Linux drivers. I see mention of "blob" driver for Linux in reference to the SE card not supporting all of the features.

Just because code compiles doesn't mean that it will run.

Your dmesg suggests a problem with initializing the serial connection.

Reactions: raydio
Hii, I have successfully compiled the drivers for TBS5922SE on raspberry pi and its getting locked via dvblast and i am able to receive video on multicast IP address. Now i need to receive data via udb tuner on my pi. How can i do that? In windows when we compile the drivers for TBS tuners they automatically create a virtual MPE decoder adapter which serves as a virtual ip network on which we can receive data other than audio/video and i have seen it by transmitting a simple Hii message using docklight and received it on my windows pc via TBS5922SE and i can see the same Hii message on my receive PC on wireshark.

KIndly help me in getting the same on my Pi.

Has the Linux driver support for the SE version of the tuner improved since you last tried this? As I noted previously, if the hardware doesn't support one or more features that the driver requires, it doesn't matter whether the code compiles or not.

Is there any way you can borrow a TBS5922?

No, the linux driver was same as previous just i changed the buffer length in tbs5922se.c file as a result of which the firmware was loaded correctly and my device gone into warm state. Everything is working great as the hardware and driver should work. I am also able to receive video+audio on my pi and can stream it in vlc. The problem is i dont know how to receive data and view data packets/transmitted message on my pi.

If suppose i do it with tbs5922 how to receive data on my pi. Is there any application i can install (other than wireshark) that can provide me the data.

My main motive is to find the virtual network interface (IP) on which the data is actually coming on the physical layer so that i can grab the data and use it in my application. In windows the driver itself creates a virtual MPE decoder adapter which serves as a virtual IP from which we can fetch the data but in linux the driver does not create such virtual network. My question is then how i can fetch the receive data?

Kindly help in this matter.

Reactions: a33
My main motive is to find the virtual network interface (IP) on which the data is actually coming on the physical layer so that i can grab the data and use it in my application.

Kindly help in this matter.

Siddhant, just a thought as I myself don't know much about this. However, could it be as easy as you looking though the Logfile on your cable internet modem after streaming for a bit, and looking for the incoming IP address there?

Reactions: beavs2112
Everything is working great as the hardware and driver should work.
The recipe that you linked to in your opening statement clearly and unequivocally says:
fred555 said:
Part III.
Installing TBS-5922 Drivers on the Pi2
NOTE: This Will NOT work with TBS-5922SE
Later in the thread Michael reaffirms that the SE won't work:
KE4EST said:
It has been determined that the TBS-5922SE will not work with above instructions.
Stay tuned though, still working at it.
This suggests to me that the recipe won't work but you've somehow rationalized that it will. Why do you believe that it will?

Hii,

I am not rationalizing anything. TBS5922SE is working correctly on Rpi. I have attached some snapshots for your reference. In the snaps you can see that the firmware is loaded correctly, my tuner is getting locked via dvblast (you can also see the Program numbers and PIDs that i have encircled in yellow), i am able to get the frontend info using femon -H, also i have attached some snaps of the video that i am receiving via vlc for your reference.

If you are satisfied that my tuner is working properly on my Pi then kindly help me how i can receive data (other than video/audio) or how to create virtual network interface on my pi for my tuner.

Attachments

• dmesg.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 309
  • dvblast.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 296
  • tuner_lock.jpg
    tuner_lock.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 274
  • dvbsnoop_feinfo.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 250
  • vlc_1.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 310
  • vlc_2.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 287
  • femon.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 303
Hi,

Does anybody have any idea on how to create a virtual network on USB port of raspberry pi or how to receive IP data via TBS5922SE tuner on linux system.

Hii,

I am not rationalizing anything. TBS5922SE is working correctly on Rpi. I have attached some snapshots for your reference. In the snaps you can see that the firmware is loaded correctly, my tuner is getting locked via dvblast (you can also see the Program numbers and PIDs that i have encircled in yellow), i am able to get the frontend info using femon -H, also i have attached some snaps of the video that i am receiving via vlc for your reference.

If you are satisfied that my tuner is working properly on my Pi then kindly help me how i can receive data (other than video/audio) or how to create virtual network interface on my pi for my tuner.
Pi in the sky, etc. - Ricks Satellite Wildfeed and Backhaul Forum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)