Tek2000 10' Mesh Dish Install & Initial Review

thank
they call my attention 12 ft
in the 12-foot antennas I have to do make some additional modification or drilling or it's just to assemble and list

thank you
I bought the package 12ft, you know if it includes, actuator plate

I also have a doubt, sent me 4 packages, 3 are already in Florida but 1 is not updated from the 8th of November in purolator

I bought the 12 foot dish too. I got it for a TV station down in Phoenix. I ordered it May 31 (or June 1st) after waiting for them to "get them in stock", and it took a month and a half or more to receive it. They kept telling me it was shipped, then it will be shipped and shipped in a few days and then one day they gave me an actual link to track the shipment. I had to open a complaint through paypal to start addressing the issue as I had prepaid for it.

Meanwhile this station was asking where there dish was, getting all bent out of shape that I didn't have it. But then once I got it, I had to wait on them to allow me to install it. They were waiting for the station to become available. Last week I went down to install it. (The week before I went down to plant the pole.)

I am an old Satellite Dealer, since 1984. A few of you know me from Dishretailer.com. (Hi Scott.)
Yeah, this dish doesn't have instructions, and what I saw online seemed a little ridiculous, and I did it the way I have always done it- on the ground. Actually, some against a fence. Once you put the bolts on, hold your flat edges level and snug them up, but not too tight. Do the tip, then the outside and work in, keeping the flat edges level with each other. First I did sets of twos, then fours (to make two halves), then the two halves last (on the ground).

It seemed to take me longer than I expected and I didn't finish. I'm going back tomorrow to finish.

One issue I still have to work out is the focal distance. It calls for 51" on the paper they give you, using the 63" rods. It says to use the holes 20 inches from the rim. However the scaler measures 48 inches, leaving me short by 5 1/4". So in my efforts, I will have to do the old formula of verifying it is supposed to be 51" and then figure out where to drill some new holes. I'm horrible at math but did a half-brain calculation they will be at 26.2" based on the other sizes and numbers given.

I had searched Google over and over looking for someone who had this issue to no avail. Seems this place had the most recent posts, so I thought I'd come in to say "Hi" and add my two cents. I couldn't remember my login here from years ago, so I just signed up again. I'll try to grab some pics while I'm down there tomorrow.

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
What's the purpose of the bracket up top by the dish that is protruding out? Why is that happening? Why are the bolts constantly loose after moving the dish?
0724181645_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my VS995 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I bought the 12 foot dish too. I got it for a TV station down in Phoenix. I ordered it May 31 (or June 1st) after waiting for them to "get them in stock", and it took a month and a half or more to receive it. They kept telling me it was shipped, then it will be shipped and shipped in a few days and then one day they gave me an actual link to track the shipment. I had to open a complaint through paypal to start addressing the issue as I had prepaid for it.

Meanwhile this station was asking where there dish was, getting all bent out of shape that I didn't have it. But then once I got it, I had to wait on them to allow me to install it. They were waiting for the station to become available. Last week I went down to install it. (The week before I went down to plant the pole.)

I am an old Satellite Dealer, since 1984. A few of you know me from Dishretailer.com. (Hi Scott.)
Yeah, this dish doesn't have instructions, and what I saw online seemed a little ridiculous, and I did it the way I have always done it- on the ground. Actually, some against a fence. Once you put the bolts on, hold your flat edges level and snug them up, but not too tight. Do the tip, then the outside and work in, keeping the flat edges level with each other. First I did sets of twos, then fours (to make two halves), then the two halves last (on the ground).

It seemed to take me longer than I expected and I didn't finish. I'm going back tomorrow to finish.

One issue I still have to work out is the focal distance. It calls for 51" on the paper they give you, using the 63" rods. It says to use the holes 20 inches from the rim. However the scaler measures 48 inches, leaving me short by 5 1/4". So in my efforts, I will have to do the old formula of verifying it is supposed to be 51" and then figure out where to drill some new holes. I'm horrible at math but did a half-brain calculation they will be at 26.2" based on the other sizes and numbers given.

I had searched Google over and over looking for someone who had this issue to no avail. Seems this place had the most recent posts, so I thought I'd come in to say "Hi" and add my two cents. I couldn't remember my login here from years ago, so I just signed up again. I'll try to grab some pics while I'm down there tomorrow.
Hey kid, been awhile since I saw you

The bracket on the top of the dish is the declination bracket and is discussed here:

C-Band Polar Mount Dish Installation Guide - TVROSat

Drop down to 4-5 in assembly of dish frame. I would imagine that your bolts are loosening up because you didn't tighten them enough. I don't have that particular problem.
Its the bracket higher than that closer to the dish. I can track fine from 34.5w to 135w. The problem is on top of the pole. 3 holes on each side. Why does that bracket stick so far out and the bolts don't touch anything? Do ya need a better picture?

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
Its the bracket higher than that closer to the dish. I can track fine from 34.5w to 135w. The problem is on top of the pole. 3 holes on each side. Why does that bracket stick so far out and the bolts don't touch anything? Do ya need a better picture?

yes i could not tell what is what, i need much better pics back away to close is not always good show about 10 pics if you want my help

The two metal pieces with the three bolts on each side are supposed to be vertical. They must have gotten bent out during shipping. Be careful about those welds if you try to bend them back vertical. They are intended to put pressure via the bolts on the elevation arm so it doesn't rock side to side when the dish is swung to one side.

I have an earlier version that only has one vertical piece. I ended up putting a C clamp on it to hold the mount in place.

The two metal pieces with the three bolts on each side are supposed to be vertical. They must have gotten bent out during shipping. Be careful about those welds if you try to bend them back vertical. They are intended to put pressure via the bolts on the elevation arm so it doesn't rock side to side when the dish is swung to one side.

So, if bending it back might be riskfull, maybe another option would be to use longer bolts, to apply the pressure needed?
Just a suggestion, by looking at the pictures; I have no experience with the dish.

greetz,
A33.

Thanks everyone. They are not vertical. I could tell that the swaying of the dish could be a problem especially on windy days

I have had a similar problem with my dish. The metal used on the saddle is not that thick on the vertical sides. So when you screw down the three side bolts when you hit the elevation arm and continue to screw the vertical saddle mount starts to bend away from the elevation arm. The manufacturing flaw isn't that it wasn't made vertical but that the metal used is too thin. This has been addressed in the latest version of the dish I believe. What I did was to re-bend it close to vertical and once the bolts make contact to only screw it in an additional half turn. I do like the idea of using an external c-clamp to pull it in on the top and it's something I will consider.

Reactions: MikeI
Here is a picture of my mount and clamp. This dish was from 2015 and only has one vertical piece.
You could get a wider clamp and go around both sides if you have the newer mount.

dish_mount_1.jpg

Reactions: MikeI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)