Tek2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just rotate the whole thing horizontal to bolt on the top pieces of mesh. That way you don't need the ladder. No need to make it harder on yourself then it has to be.

I didn't know you could do that, I'll go check that out. Arion do you know which lnb I need to use he sent a cband and a c/ku. Seems to me you would get more use out of the c/ku or would just get double channels on a blind scan

Don't even try to mess with a combo LNB. You got the dish for c-band and a straight c-band LNB is going to be more efficient than a combo LNB. Tuning a big dish for KU is a huge pain in the rear as the beamwidth on KU is so small. Get it tuned well for c-band and once you really feel you know what your doing then maybe shoot to fine tune it better for KU. What I did is I have a separate 1.2 meter dish for KU. I didn't try to dial my dish in for KU as I don't need the frustration.

Sounds good to me. I still have my ku setup. I'll just leave it up then and work on the cband for now.

I very much agree. Maybe something you can fiddle with when you get more experience and have a day with nothing to do. For now stick with C-Band. I have dedicated dishes for C-band and Ku. I have tried the combo C/Ku LNBF's and they are not my cup of tea.

Well tell me about the dielectric plate. Do I need to use it,if I do the lnb is just a little bit bigger than the plate

No you won't need it at least not at first. That is for circular birds. NA uses linear birds. There are a couple to the east that you may be able to get, but for now stick with the NA birds and keep it simple. :)

Good deal but in the future I was reading about grease,is that how the dielectric plate would stay in one spot. I know I'm worrying everyone,but like said earlier this is my first cband. I have fool with diseqC switch a many of times,I know-how they operate,so I won't be worrying y'all to much longer

I only started importing and selling the combo C/KU CK1s because people wanted to purchase and they were paying too much for the units sold on EBay ($89)!

The greenish color aluminum body combo units that two other sellers are offering are units that I refused delivery last year from the manufacturer. The units were manufactured with no FD scale marking, no vertical "0" skew marking, no "O" ring between the feedhorn/KU bodies (or drainage), the C and KU probes were not aligned with each other on most samples and the KU section was prone to failure when exposed to very low levels of static discharge.

Imagine the headache from trying to provide product and customer support of that build! No thanks!

I only started importing and selling the combo C/KU CK1s because people wanted to purchase and they were paying too much for the units sold on EBay ($89)!

The greenish color aluminum body combo units that two other sellers are offering are units that I refused delivery last year from the manufacturer. The units were manufactured with no FD scale marking, no vertical "0" skew marking, no "O" ring between the feedhorn/KU bodies (or drainage), the C and KU probes were not aligned with each other on most samples and the KU section was prone to failure when exposed to very low levels of static discharge.

Imagine the headache from trying to provide product and customer support of that build! No thanks!
So your saying your are better? I'm going to do as I been advised for now and just use the c band for now.
I very much agree. Maybe something you can fiddle with when you get more experience and have a day with nothing to do. For now stick with C-Band. I have dedicated dishes for C-band and Ku. I have tried the combo C/Ku LNBF's and they are not my cup of tea.

Sounds good to me. I still have my ku setup. I'll just leave it up then and work on the cband for now.

I am not a fan of combo C/KU LNBFs either. The design is a compromise in performance no matter what brand or model. Not going to make any claims of superior performance for the CK1s, but I know why I do not sell the other design.

I sell the model that I do because it has an established history of being a good product from a previous distributor who is no longer in the satellite industry. I feel comfortable enough with the product to offer a warranty... :)

So your saying your are better? I'm going to do as I been advised for now and just use the c band for now.

Ku alignment has very little room for error. The throat of a Ku feed is very small and it takes patients to make sure it's aligned properly. It's much easier to use a dedicated offset Ku dish for these channels. I'm heading towards installing 8 C-Band BUD's and one solid BUD dedicated for Ku. The Ku addition will only be a toy to play with for experimental purposes. I'll run an additional cable and use a dedicated receiver/motor drive to see what's up there.

I know there's more up there than listed in Lyngsat etc:, and mine will be mainly for network feeds. There's a wealth of information in these forums, and some of the sharpest guys in the industry. I installed dishes for 30 years, and I still turn to these guys for information on equipment I never used before. Can't go wrong with these folks. I'm living proof you can teach an old dog new tricks. :D

Reactions: kool1 and norman881
Status
Please reply by conversation.