Terrible First Impressions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you have equipment , use it . Be it older or new . Use what you have and instead of the same crap everyday about " we do not control what receiver you will get . " Tell the truth ! It is not that difficult . Something such as " we may be installing older equipment because the newer equipment is not keeping up with demand " . Not USED equipment . Just an older NEW model in the box . I find it amazing that NO ONE will accept blame here . And I do not mean on this forum . But , ON THIS FORUM , there are plenty of people that refuse to place the blame where it belongs . ON DIRECTV . It is all about being honest and truthful but , that would be bad business I guess . If I am told up front that I may be getting brand new OLDER equipment , I would ask what I am missing out on not getting a new model . I would expect to be told the truth so I can make a decision . More than likely , I will go ahead with scheduling the install . And I have said more than once that if I am scheduled for a new install and am called AFTER the time frame alotted to me to change the install date , BYE BYE ! Call me during the alotted time or , the best thing is to call me the day before to tell me you cannot show at that time and reschedule . THEN I MIGHT accept that and say ok . That way no one misses time from work and you know what to expect on the install . Of course this is a moot point if DIRECTV would tell the truth to the customer in the first place . I wrote all of this to make a simple request to fix what is broken . DIRECTV NEEDS TO BE HONEST UPFRONT ! End of story .

falkor,

About your statement that Directv need to be honest......could I suggest that they do not lie. I have been installing their stuff for about ten years on and off and I have never detected dishonesty on the part of Directv.

What you are speaking of and looking for are clear statements that say what you expect. Directv tells you what you want to hear or think you understood. You need to get out a magnifier and a lawyer and read their small print explanation. This may not answer all questions but at least you will then understand the difference between honesty and advertisements.

Directv produces wealth for shareholders and owners. If they told you in advance about the problems and profit producing programs what would you do? There is no Santa Claus and installers do not bring equipment on silver platters.

What was the question?

Joe

Call it what you like . I listened and I actually understood them . They met my expectatation . And I could care less about their shareholders or anything else . Bottom line AGAIN is be upfront so we , as consumers , can make an educated decision . I do not care who does installs . I do not care about anything other than what they can truthfully offer me so I know what to expect . What would I do ? Lol . That is the point . Let ME make an educated decision based on honesty , NOT salesmanship . Whether I go with them solely depends on the information given . Obviously DIRECTV only cares about the bottom line and they are NOT honest in most cases . Real cute trying to split hairs . Again , call it what you like , they are seldom honest about what should be expected . To schedule appointments only to have them postponed at the last minute , OR LATER , is pathetic . I do not care if you have a new model receiver or an older new model . TELL ME what to expect . And do not schedule if you cannot deliver ! Will they lose prospective customers ? Yes . But the ones they get will be happy overall . Chalk another one up for DIRECTV is God ! Lol .

Call it what you like . I listened and I actually understood them . They met my expectatation . And I could care less about their shareholders or anything else . Bottom line AGAIN is be upfront so we , as consumers , can make an educated decision . I do not care who does installs . I do not care about anything other than what they can truthfully offer me so I know what to expect . What would I do ? Lol . That is the point . Let ME make an educated decision based on honesty , NOT salesmanship . Whether I go with them solely depends on the information given . Obviously DIRECTV only cares about the bottom line and they are NOT honest in most cases . Real cute trying to split hairs . Again , call it what you like , they are seldom honest about what should be expected . To schedule appointments only to have them postponed at the last minute , OR LATER , is pathetic . I do not care if you have a new model receiver or an older new model . TELL ME what to expect . And do not schedule if you cannot deliver ! Will they lose prospective customers ? Yes . But the ones they get will be happy overall . Chalk another one up for DIRECTV is God ! Lol .

We tell you we dont cant order model numbers only class of reciever SD , DVR , HD , HDDVR.

when I say we have a big push on HD equipment I mean it there is no older equipment to give out in some places. hence why HR20 and H20 started showing up again in normal install ques as were trying to put the customer first by getting them installed.

Again I think this is a serious issue but not one that happens all the time. Less then 3 percent of customers call us a month we track the reasons why they call, less then not even 0.5% of that time is because of last minute reschedules due to th tech not having the equipment. Say what you will about the situation, seems that the real cause of your anger is not about the equipment shortage but you just like finding reasons to complain. I am sorry you feel that way. If you have another question or issue you want me to adress I be more then happy to do so if not I just leave this thread as is.

Reason to complain ! LOL ! You are funny . Let us pass the buck again . Now the blame is shifted to me . How funny . Directv gave me the reason to complain . This is not my fault . It is DIRECTV s fault . PERIOD ! End of story . An easier thing for you to do is blame Dish Network . Why not ? It is everyone elses fault and the blame will not be accepted by Directv or their cronies here thinking that Directv is the end all . Keep posting . I am amused at the blame game . Next ........:rolleyes:

What I am saying is we are a victim of our own success.
I disagree. You keep harping on DIRECTV's failure to make hardware available but with the OP, the issue is lack of training and/or desire on the HSP's part to do things right from a professional perspective.

It has little to do with DIRECTV's perplexing inability of the decision makers to comprehend and react to the years of clamoring for an HD DVR that runs at an acceptable speed. Surely the availability thing is a major issue the likes of which seems to blindside them occasionally (remembering the Slimline cold climate failure yore) but if the people don't want to do the work for the compensation they get or the QC people are greed driven tools, that's not an HD DVR availability problem.

The responsibility for the OP's disappointment seems to lie with the relationship between DIRECTV and the HSP.

I disagree. You keep harping on DIRECTV's failure to make hardware available but with the OP, the issue is lack of training and/or desire on the HSP's part to do things right from a professional perspective.

It has little to do with DIRECTV's perplexing inability of the decision makers to comprehend and react to the years of clamoring for an HD DVR that runs at an acceptable speed. Surely the availability thing is a major issue the likes of which seems to blindside them occasionally (remembering the Slimline cold climate failure yore) but if the people don't want to do the work for the compensation they get or the QC people are greed driven tools, that's not an HD DVR availability problem.

The responsibility for the OP's disappointment seems to lie with the relationship between DIRECTV and the HSP.

this thread got way off from the OP issue long ago and that qoute does not apply to the OP issue just the issue of not having enough hd hardware in all parts of the country.

I know this topic has ventured into other areas, but just to give you guys an update on the OP...

The supervisor / QC guy came by and looked at the installation. He said the mounting location was ok, not preferred, but ok. He applied a little more sealant around the mounting points and was happy with it. So it all sounds good to me and I am satisfied with that.

He did not like the fact the ground was not hooked up and not placed like he had asked for, so he said the installer would be coming back to correct it.

So far I like the DirecTV service. There are some things I like better about the DISH receiver and some things I like better about the DirecTV receiver. Really hope DirecTV will do PIP like DISH in the future. PQ seems to be equal to me.

After I have had more time using it I think I will post something on my comparisons. Thanks to all for your input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts