The "new" iPad Announcement / Discussion Thread

FYI, it's on sale now.. When you check out it just lists it as "iPad (3rd Generation)"

Good luck getting one though. The site is understandably slow and a number of "steps" are erroring out.

Dane Cook.....Apple just confusingly named the iPad 3 "the new iPad" dropping the 3. Steve Jobs must be a spinning beach ball in his grave. lmao but true :)

digiblur,

correct. 4g lte is not released to the sprint customer base. i don't think they have any lte capable phones yet either.

i don't doubt that engineering has field access, in fact it would be bad news if they didn't.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Well I was able to get one... 32 GB with Verizon...

Took awhile to get through, but I am in! :)
I think I got in literally the moment they opened up sales, because I had NO delay whatsoever in ordering one. I was shocked. More shocked that I went into today saying, "Whatever, I'm not getting the new iPad, I'm not a SHEEP, etc etc.."

After taking in some of the specs and realizing that the device fixes nearly every issue I had with the 2 and when I realized that Android tablets will still (probably) suck for a while... well...

BAA....

To be shipped to you or for pickup?
Shipped to me... an I got smart having it shipped to my office so my poor wife does not need to drive here and drop it off. :D

I have had a bunch of people contact me about buying my old Verizon 32GB iPad 2. And not sure what I want to do... my wife wants me to donate it to the high school. Online the asking price for the 2's is now $250 from the places that buy used equipment. :(

I'm getting mine delivered. Another reason to work from home that day, as I doubt the FedEx guy will let my 54 year old Chinese father in law who speaks no English sign for it on my behalf.

digiblur,

correct. 4g lte is not released to the sprint customer base. i don't think they have any lte capable phones yet either.

i don't doubt that engineering has field access, in fact it would be bad news if they didn't.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Yep, tests from engineers have reported pretty decent speeds from the 5mhz/5mhz LTE signal.

I just read the specs and it's pretty much spot on what I figured. No innovation, a step behind in the rest of the world. Slowly day by day the iFan club is realizing they are just getting milked like the cows on a farm. I do have to give a tip of the hat to their marketing team at such a great job of gathering all the cattle and brainwashing them to go into the stable for a big milking year after year with no real results. I can see it now... iPad 2013, upgrade both cameras to 2012 specs, upgrade to quad-core CPU like everything else is going in 2012, and get rid of the physical button like others did in 2010, the cattle's utters will be dripping wet in 2013 waiting. Even the news is having a hard time saying what is so new about this new ipad.

Well I was able to get one... 32 GB with Verizon...

Took awhile to get through, but I am in! :)

The specs on the radios I found are confusing. It doesn't list it as having a CDMA radio anymore for the many areas that are still EV or even 1X only. Not to mention the many times VZW's LTE network has gone down. Have you found anything show it still supports CDMA? This might be why Sprint was left out?

Don:

I believe you can toggle the 4G LTE, on a no-contract basis.

Thanks! I'll double check with Verizon before buying. Going to let the frenzy die down before going in and getting one. My daughter already called and wanted to know when she is getting mine. :) I just gave her husband my old Macbook Pro.

One thing I haven't been able to find out is if this is compatible with all the existing iPad 2 cases. Did they move the camera or anything? I have a folding case/stand that I really like and want to keep using.

It works with the existing magnetic covers...

as far as full covers goes, it is a hair wider then the 2, but I am guessing most should fit with no issue.

Computer Controlled Satellite Positioner / DVR

Windows 7 boot up issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts