THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Over the past hour some time, my DirecTV acct. profile changed to this:

NFL Sunday Ticket 2004, HD Package, TOTAL CHOICE PLUS with Locals, Network: FOX from NYC/LA_*, Network: ABC from NYC/LA_*, Network: FOX HD_*

Looks like Fox HD is on its way very shortly.

When I called and spoke to a supervisor, he indicated you had to qualify for the O&O area requirement, and also have the E/W Fox feeds to get the Fox HD channel(s) -- he said supposedly the HD FOX Channels will be on tonight on Channels 86 & 87. :)

The channels may not show up in the Channel Guide until later today.

I just spoke to my 3rd contact at DirecTV today and was told the same thing, the games will be available tonight.

I should add the the 3rd contact said something interesting, and that the full FOX HD lineup might not be shown until after football season is done. (I dont know how true that is) but I figured I would pass it along.

rad said:
Added to my account also. Should be interesting to see what happens later today.

Did you have to call them up, or did they add it automatically? I called yesterday and the CSR I talked to didn't know anything about it coming online today, and said he didn't see anything in their system that would allow him to add it to my account. I'm in an O&O market (Denver) so I shouldn't need to go through the waiver process, right?

Rob.

reger said:
Did you have to call them up, or did they add it automatically? I called yesterday and the CSR I talked to didn't know anything about it coming online today, and said he didn't see anything in their system that would allow him to add it to my account. I'm in an O&O market (Denver) so I shouldn't need to go through the waiver process, right?

Rob.

Didn't do a thing, it just showed up. Check the D* web site distant networks qualification tool to see if there's another Fox station that says it provides you a class A or B signal.

rad said:
Didn't do a thing, it just showed up. Check the D* web site distant networks qualification tool to see if there's another Fox station that says it provides you a class A or B signal.

Argh. Cheyenne's Fox channel apparently has me in their area. Should have known since I had the same issue with CBS. Hopefully they'll be as cooperative as the Cheyenne CBS station was...

Rob.

Further clarification just received.

If you are in an O&O FOX station market and have the DirecTV HD package already, you should get FOX HD added (you can check you account online to confirm it's on for you). YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONTINUE THE NETWORK E/W (SD) FOX FEEDS TO GET THE HD FOX CHANNELS. :)

If you are eligible, your profile should look something like this:

Package -- NFL Sunday Ticket 2004, HD Package, TOTAL CHOICE PLUS with Locals, Network: FOX HD_*

Man, I don't get off work for another hour...........to see NY vs Boston in HD...............we're like that lady shopper looking in the window..."OPEN, OPEN, OPEN,..........."

In chicago FOXHD has not been added to my account online so i am calling to make sure that it is. on hold of course, will post results.

reger said:
Argh. Cheyenne's Fox channel apparently has me in their area. Should have known since I had the same issue with CBS. Hopefully they'll be as cooperative as the Cheyenne CBS station was...

Rob.

You should have no problems getting FOX from KDVR. I am in Loveland & like I have posted I receive this channel without fail. What kind of antenna are you using? You are only like 22mi from Lookout Mountain.

After be transfered to the correct department i was told that i will get FOXHD tonight as i am in chicago. He didn't have to add anything to my account but i doubt its going to show up i bet any money i have to call back again to make them turn it on. Your guys are getting notice on your online account and i am not so that is why i wonder.

I have waivers for fox and abc so i should get fox hd then right? When will it show up on the channel guide?

I haven't seen it show up yet on my guide. I'm still awaiting word from waivers that I had Directv submit last month.

found this over at HDTV-GALAXY
Rumor has it that broadcast over channels 86 & 87 has been pushed back to the 23rd for the first World Series Game when FOX HD will certainly be up and running. Apparently with their NFL and MLB playoff commitments, there just wasn’t enough HD equipment to go around. Remember, a rumor is only as good as its source and my source is completely unreliable

Here you go DIGITAL~DAN

Today 07:11 PM

Ken H
AVS HDTV Moderator

It appears FOX will not be on DirecTV tonight, or anytime soon, perhaps. Sorry for the bad advance info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)