THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
88 is on for me, no 89 in my guide. It looks much better than last nights junk on the SD Fox channel.

That stinks that people are getting blacked out.

My PG showed Channels 88 & 89 available. Before 5:00pm, the Directv screen showed up and then at 5:00pm it showed Program not available in your area. I called D* - the first CSR said I should be getting it and put me to the next level of support. The phone rings and then a recording says the party is not available and it disconnects. I called back and the next CSR says they do not carry Fox HD, but I should receive when they start carrying it. Anyone out there getting Channel 88???

NVBlue said:
My PG showed Channels 88 & 89 available. Before 5:00pm, the Directv screen showed up and then at 5:00pm it showed Program not available in your area. I called D* - the first CSR said I should be getting it and put me to the next level of support. The phone rings and then a recording says the party is not available and it disconnects. I called back and the next CSR says they do not carry Fox HD, but I should receive when they start carrying it. Anyone out there getting Channel 88???
Yep, it came in at 8:00 sharp.

I live in MA and I'm getting it. Would it have anything to do with how FOX is dividing up which markets see which game?

seadog said:
I live in MA and I'm getting it. Would it have anything to do with how FOX is dividing up which markets see which game?

hmmmm? Good point. Maybe THAT was what the big FU was about yesterday?!? This sucks for those of us with wide open DNS; if that is the issue. Yet I see neither game on the FOX-HD 88 or 89.

Is anyone in a non- O&O market getting channel 88? Apparently like the Olympics, there are two class of subscribers. It is NOT a "fair & balanced" operation!

Looks similar to the NFL ticket blackouts. If the local CBS or FOX affiliate is showing a particular game, then it is not available in HD unless CBS NY or LA is showing it on Channels 80 or 81. Eventhough I am eligible for the NY & LA stations through waivers, if the local station is showing the game, the HD is blacked out.
Not cool!

NVBlue said:
Looks similar to the NFL ticket blackouts. If the local CBS or FOX affiliate is showing a particular game, then it is not available in HD unless CBS NY or LA is showing it on Channels 80 or 81. Eventhough I am eligible for the NY & LA stations through waivers, if the local station is showing the game, the HD is blacked out.
Not cool!

It's BS like this that makes me wanna get a test card. They are totally clueless sometimes. I have waivers, but for some reason, when they flipped the switch, some idiot at D* forgot to include the waiver people, not in O&O markets. Correcting that idiots mistake is next to impossible since nobody has a clue at D*. Not even tech support :mad: :mad: :mad:

Quick Question Might Sound Dumb, But I Live In Atlanta So Why Wouldnt I Get Ch 88 And 89? Im Only Getting Ch.88?

88 is the only channel tonight. and when fox actually does get launched, you'd only get one feed (the east) unless someone screws up and you get both.

I battled it out.. wit a CSR

I battled it out with a CSR and he won, or basically the guy telling him stuff in the background..

the problem is your expecting csrs to know about the channel. this was a special broadcast thrown up the last minute only for the stations fox owns.

NVBlue said:
Not cool!

Only CBS blacks me out for the NLF ST game of the week, I have no local FOX issues and all are wide open but not this MLB deal tonight.

My thoughts and conversations with CSR at D* Lengthy

CSR1 Mary told me Sir you cant see Yankee games in HD on Channel 80 due to blackout rules... Then I said well Mary the Game is on FOX channel 88

Transfered to anotehr CSR2... On hold again....... I need to fix this. I can see the game is SD on 388

CSR2 telling me this no such channel 88

Wait a minute.. CSR2 name Erik pronounced "Ereeeek" put me on hold again something just appeared on his screen.. Came back put me on hold again cause they are doing some extensive research wink wink

He also mentioned and this is funny.. I don't get channel on my TV here. Then I ask, Sir is that a HD receiver? He said Yes and I'm like can you check your guide? So he does and says no channel 88 Sir.. Then I was can you please unplug your receiver and do a reset of the box. HAHHAHAHAAHA He got pissed, He said Sir there is no need for that.

Dammit Ereek!!!

He said Sir the reason you can get this in HD is because the Affiliate where you live doesn't Own or Operate the Station. There was some Joker in the Background helping him out. Probably Dave himself. Why would he do this. I mean the devil himself. Hmm... okay, but this doesn't explain why I get NBC-HD E/W and CBS-HD E/W I LIVE IN THE DAMN BOONIES! I have waivers for all the locals NBC ABC FOX CBS. Please LORD Help!

It's over.. I guess Ereek didn't know what the hell was going on. The slugfest is over and I lost, I'm battered and bruised no success. Please stop the pain? Anyone?

I hate this crap. He is basically telling me that when we do get FOXHD full-time I won't be able to see Football cause of this same reason. That Blows! That's if we get FOX-HD full-time during the football season. I guess I will get ST for half the season if they offer it. Which brings me to another question, How about regular FOX programming on HD?

Explosivo:
When a game is shown in HD on Channel 80 or channel 81, it is NOT blacked out. We get all games shown on Channel 80 or 81. So, when Fox HD comes on for us in the boonies, they should not be blacked out. But a game shown on the Fox or CBS station in your DMA is blacked out on the NFL HD programming.
Probably, since the legal battles with E*, the Fox O&O are allowing it at no cost.
Feel like a second class citizen???!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)