The Reverse Band LNB's are coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank you both for the information. I hadn't realized a HR54 could power everything.

So my current set-up is a 16 SWim, with the 29v inverter. Now, if/when I went to 4k, I'd get the HR54 along with the mini. Could just reuse the 29v inverter? Or, could use the HR54 to supply everything?

Again, thank you very much for the information. :)
I have a SWM 16. I'd have to exchange that set-up for a single cable reverse band LNB. You just replace the external SWM 16 with a swm 2-way splitter & then leave everything else as is.

Thank you both for the information. I hadn't realized a HR54 could power everything.

So my current set-up is a 16 SWim, with the 29v inverter. Now, if/when I went to 4k, I'd get the HR54 along with the mini. Could just reuse the 29v inverter? Or, could use the HR54 to supply everything?

Again, thank you very much for the information. :)
Yeah, either method will suffice...

Using the HR54 or the 29v PI from the SWiM-16 installation.

Now for my situation here with an HR54 and 5 HR24s, I will go with the 29v PI when I ditch my SWiM-16 for a Reverse Band capable 5D2RB LNB when I can get my hands on one (waiting for an ebayer to sell one so that I can snag one early ). Because obviously if I use the HR54's internal PI to power the LNB in my setup, should the Genie ever need to reboot or something all other live viewers here will lose signal.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Thank you both :)

I hadn't thought about the HR54 rebooting. lol :) I'm just looking down the road a bit is all. If I can get rid of the heat sink or the SWiM-16 as some like to call it, all the better.
So it'd be... Dish/lnb ---> 1x2 splitter then 1 coax to 29v PI and 1 coax to 1x8 splitter.

Nice to get rid of a few cables on the inside as well. Thanks again everyone! :)

Thank you both :)

I hadn't thought about the HR54 rebooting. lol :) I'm just looking down the road a bit is all. If I can get rid of the heat sink or the SWiM-16 as some like to call it, all the better.
So it'd be... Dish/lnb ---> 1x2 splitter then 1 coax to 29v PI and 1 coax to 1x8 splitter.

Nice to get rid of a few cables on the inside as well. Thanks again everyone! :)
If you have only an H44 or HR54 and clients in your setup then it really doesn't matter if they reboot, since the clients can't work without the Genie anyhow.

But if there are other receivers in the setup, then using the H44 or HR54 to power the LNB would not be a good idea.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I personally use an external 29v, because I was too lazy to swap to a 21 when I pulled my swm16. But since I have a 54 as well as 44 and 3 24s I wouldn't want any down time. I always recommend external power inserters. Also just fyi everyone I have just received word that the pilot sites are receiving their 2nd and final shipments this week. When this supply is depleted we go back to dswm gen1. So if you are planning to get one off ebay, or live in a pilot area, I would recommend scheduling a service call or getting one soon. We have NO word on when these are launching or when and where the beta will be. Remember these are just an alpha pilot that was set for 1 month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was able to snag one of the reverse band lnbs from the ebay seller but is hasn't arrived yet. I have the HR54, 2 regular clients, the 4k client, and an HR24. Last night I had to reboot the HR54 and had no signal on the HR24 until it rebooted. I would also like to incorporate the 29v power inserter into my system so I don't loose signal to the HR24 but am not sure what way would work the best. What is the best way for me to incorporate the power inserter so I don't loose signal on the HR24?

Attachments

• 20160101_140043.jpg
    20160101_140043.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 412
I was able to snag one of the reverse band lnbs from the ebay seller but is hasn't arrived yet. I have the HR54, 2 regular clients, the 4k client, and an HR24. Last night I had to reboot the HR54 and had no signal on the HR24 until it rebooted. I would also like to incorporate the 29v power inserter into my system so I don't loose signal to the HR24 but am not sure what way would work the best. What is the best way for me to incorporate the power inserter so I don't loose signal on the HR24?
Move the line from the power passing output of your splitter to an open port and install the power inserter to that port. You will need to run coax to the location you install it. I recommend the basement.

Move the line from the power passing output of your splitter to an open port and install the power inserter to that port. You will need to run coax to the location you install it. I recommend the basement.

What you are saying makes sense to me if you have a SWM-16, with the third port solely dedicated for power output only, but there is no open port if you are using a SWM-13 or 21 tuner SWM-3(reverse band/non-reverse band) to a single 8-way splitter, there is only the power pass through port on the 8 way splitter. Are you saying run the single line to a 2-way splitter, then from the power pass through, run a line for the 21v/29v PI, & then from the other port on the 2 way splitter, run a cable to your 8 way splitter?

Received word today that DirecTV is wrapping up field testing on the reverse band LNB (3D2RB) and expect to launch it nationally in early April.

Pilot testing is set to start soon, there are still two other manufacturers for us to test the 3s with, only wnc is set to launch.

At leats we kmow they are starting to get this going and Thanks for update appreciate it

I have an HR54 with 2 4K RVU's. 1 of the 4k RVU's is the same tv that the HR54 is hooked up to.

I just installed the new Reverse Band LNB and the latest CE firmware. There are a bunch of new test channels in the 9XXX range that are only visible to the RVU. No programming on them yet though. As for 103(cr) - it's all 0s. 99(cr) is active with 75% signal. I'm in Irvine, CA.

:welcome to Satelliteguys janthony6!

4K channels need either a 4K rvu television or a 4K capable client, along with the HR54 genie. The genie doesn't output 4K by itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts