TheList

Status
Please reply by conversation.
qwert1515;1033966 For the dish size we will figure out what the best way to give that information.[/QUOTE said:
This seems subjective to me. I live close to the ND/MN border in Canada and appear to be at the edge of some footprints and completely outside others. I would require a much larger dish than a person accessing the same satellite down in Texas.

This seems subjective to me. I live close to the ND/MN border in Canada and appear to be at the edge of some footprints and completely outside others. I would require a much larger dish than a person accessing the same satellite down in Texas.
Seems like the best way would be to provide a link to the lyngsat maps that show the coverage area and color-code the area based on required dish size. OR - If everyone logged into their accounts, and had accurate location data, then the size data could be adjusted based on their location;)

exactly. Some satellites I can get much better than others but say Satmex5 at 116.8 its horrible up here in MN

Someone in Missouri may get it great

who is the audience for signal level?

Well, so as to not get too silly over this signal level question, let's take a step back.
Just not doing it is fine.

Now, if those making the web pages can come up with some simple and useful way to give an indication for a particularly hot or cold bird, that would be nice.
Dealing with the user's postal code is not necessary. :rolleyes:

In general , I think it's a given that Canadians might need bigger dishes in many (not all) cases.
In general , Alaskans and folks in Hawaii have a different view of the world.
In general , I think west-coasters will understand the problems of getting east coast birds.
There's a bird that is receivable in the south-west US and Mexico, and probably not so well in the rest of North America.
It's already clearly marked on The List.
Satmex5 at 116.8 can be annotated that way, too.
Perhaps it can be listed with no icon, forcing the user to take note of its special condition and seek better data.

In general:
Of course there are exceptions, but when a user sees a weak-signal icon for a satellite or transponder, that can indicate he should do some additional homework on receiving that asset.
When encountering a strong-signal icon, he is alerted that he should confirm it applies to his location.
Nothing is perfect, this is just a helpful indicator. :cool:

Thanks Anole for the suggestions, what would you consider a "hot" bird and "cold" bird?

Also thanks for letting me know about "Satmex5 at 116.8 can be annotated that way, too.", I fixed that.

Thanks.

oops

Sorry, I didn't mean that SatMex 6 was literally like the other bird and receivable in the south west and Mexico, but just generally that it was not strong when you went north.
See Iceberg's comment for a clearer understanding:
exactly. Some satellites I can get much better than others but say Satmex5 at 116.8 its horrible up here in MN
Someone in Missouri may get it great
Here's a map of its coverage which shows the problem.

This is not a priority but we could do this someday.

Would member here be willing and interested in submitting signal information so that we can creating a coverage map.

Example: For a satellite or transponder (Very Strong, Strong, Average, Weak, Very Weak, No Reception) and then your Dish size.

It could be integrated into TheList so that you click a transponder (or satellite) depending on the detail we want and you can submit your information.

Later on, maybe some indication for either hard-to-get stations, or super-easy-to-get stations might be encouraging.
I absolutely agree that this is not a priority.
Sorry to distract from the main task.

The work done so far is exceptional.
Thanks a bunch for a very well presented list. - :up

The work done so far is exceptional.
Thanks a bunch for a very well presented list. - :up

Anole thank you for all your great feedback.

Without feedback we can't make improvements.

Thanks everyone, TheList has had almost 10,000 page views since it became public.

I mentioned earlier that we will have Subscription channel information soon, it is available now.

Have you checked out TheList?
North America's Best Satellite Listings are now even better! Now featuring Full Dish Network, DirecTV and ExpressVU channel listings!

Check it out TODAY!
http://TheList.SatelliteGuys.US

Please click on the Subscription List Home on TheList home page since it is in a different section than the FTA information.
Also notice there are different ways you can sort the information, so it is more useful to you :).

58.0°W Intelsat 9 Ku

Just wanted to ask if the info provided for the list on this particular bird shouldn't be edited to only show whats available in North America.

I mean that's alot of channels , unfortunately we only get around 5-6 channels in NA and some of those are repeating.

The satellite signal is available but we can not subscribe to them :mad:

I will wait to see what Iceberg decides before I make any changes.

They can be removed like the Echostar and Nimiq subscription channels.

---Also updates are slower this week while my receiver visits the hospital (I am using a back up receiver which does not work very well) :( ---

I agree with jayelem on this one. All of those feeds are from Sky Mexico, which really only available (signal wise) to TX and parts of So cal, AZ, and NM

I understand what you two mean (I am in range of the signal and did not realize that people in the North could not pick up the signal.), I will wait for Iceberg's decision before I make any changes.

Thanks both of you for the suggestions and comments.

The satellite signal is available but we can not subscribe to them :mad:

I will wait to see what Iceberg decides before I make any changes.

They can be removed like the Echostar and Nimiq subscription channels.

I forgot about the footprint coverage in the Southern U.S. , and yes removing them like Echostar and Nimiq sub channels would be an improvement.

---Also updates are slower this week while my receiver visits the hospital (I am using a back up receiver which does not work very well) :( ---

Take your time , you're doing a fine job .....................
I should probably read the whole thread , but I must ask ... Are you taking on this whole List all by yourself or are you getting help.

If I can contribute , I will gladly send you an updated list for Atlantic Sats ku , that would include 30.0 - 43.0 - 45.0 - though I believe Lyngsat may also have the current updates.

45.0 west is a new sat for Ku in North America , I made a spectacular find on September 12th , I listed it in WUT , I made the mistake of listing it at Sadouns New Finds Club ,seems that a particular member there reported it to Lyngsat , I could have done that too.

Thank you MrFTAMan,

I have edited TheList to show "(Video Pid - Video Packet ID) (Audio Pids - Audio Packet ID's) (PCR - Program Clock Reference)" at the bottom of each page.

I don't think this is the best way to give the information out since for example someone might not look all the way to the bottom of the page of 97 Degrees west, so we might have to move it to the top and organize it some how.

Thank you very much.

Use HTML title references so it pops up when you hover over it.. ;)

I forgot about the footprint coverage in the Southern U.S. , and yes removing them like Echostar and Nimiq sub channels would be an improvement.

Take your time , you're doing a fine job .....................
I should probably read the whole thread , but I must ask ... Are you taking on this whole List all by yourself or are you getting help.

If I can contribute , I will gladly send you an updated list for Atlantic Sats ku , that would include 30.0 - 43.0 - 45.0 - though I believe Lyngsat may also have the current updates.

45.0 west is a new sat for Ku in North America , I made a spectacular find on September 12th , I listed it in WUT , I made the mistake of listing it at Sadouns New Finds Club ,seems that a particular member there reported it to Lyngsat , I could have done that too.

I am doing most of the updates, I tell my receiver what satellite to scan, I upload the data to my computer and my programs do most of the work.

(My programs give me any new data and I have to decide if it it to be listed, existing channels information is updated automatically)

Iceberg has provided all the C-Band data that is on TheList.
Iceberg and DFergie both have the ability to edit data on the list if they want to, or they can tell me what to change or add.
Digiblur has full access to the subscription section, and I am letting him maintain that (He is doing a very good job, but thats what you expect from the Uplink Staff here :D).

If you can send me the Atlantic Satellites you can see I would appreciate it, please send me a pm.

Thanks, I have been busy this week, and without my main receiver :( so I am just getting around to this :).

Last edited:
I just got done supplying a list for Hispasat but due to the issue with signal some of the channels did not log.

Anyone have a updated list they can send us for thelist?
If you have one, PM me and I can give you an e-mail address to send it to :)

Also if anyone can supply a list for any satellites between 30.0°W - 45.0°W we would appreciate it, thanks.

Skyvision

Would the Skyvision DSR410 package fit with on the list? I realize it is a subscription KU service that comes from a single satellite... Even so, it would be helpful to include it.

Thanks,
Red

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)