Time again - Weekend Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
iafirebuff said:
I am not sure if I will hook up the extra 811. I have one in use already, but that is good to know!

you currently have an 811 active?

you can diplex that into the existing line from the switch to the receiver

I have the following Dish Network receivers subbed: 811, 510 and a 301. I have an extra non subbed 811. Diplexing would really be the way to go :) Especially with this heat, I hate the thought of burying cable :-(

how are you getting 3 receivers + a FTA setup off a dish500 with 2 duals? Or do you have a 2nd dish500 somewhere

but diplexing would be the easiest.

The 301 is in our camper. We only use it a few times a year, I actually been thinking about canceling it. I have just an old 18" dish for that one, so I don't even get everything that we sub to.

I have been working on the 10 foot c-band dish for hours with no luck.I get an occasional beep on the sat finder but no picture.Can anyone recomend a good analog signal to look for.I am using a Standard Agile Omni cable headend receiver.All manual dials.Seems like 1967 stuff compared to the Coolsat.

iafirebuff said:
The 301 is in our camper. We only use it a few times a year, I actually been thinking about canceling it. I have just an old 18" dish for that one, so I don't even get everything that we sub to.

ahh..gotcha :)

I would cancel it when you don't need it...save some money. No cost to remove recievers

john green said:
I have been working on the 10 foot c-band dish for hours with no luck.I get an occasional beep on the sat finder but no picture.Can anyone recomend a good analog signal to look for.I am using a Standard Agile Omni cable headend receiver.All manual dials.Seems like 1967 stuff compared to the Coolsat.

2 strong church channels on G4 at 15H and 16V.

I have tried that in the past, but it always has been a hassle the few times I have added it back in. One time they charged me a reactiviation fee, another time I was told it can't be in a motorhome/camper, and yet another time I was told no problem, add and remove as much as you like. So...... we have just left it subbed. It gets used probably about 2-3 times a month. Except during the winter. My in-laws actually use our motorhome/camper more than we do. The last time I used it, it was in the driveway :)

Well, I decide that today I would exchange a couple of LNBs (move my new Standard to IA7 and put the Universal on AMC3) and do a small re-point of my Circular on Echostar7. Several buckets of sweat later, I'm back inside in the air conditioning. If the weather isn't trying to rain on me, it's trying to fry me!

iafirebuff said:
I have tried that in the past, but it always has been a hassle the few times I have added it back in. One time they charged me a reactiviation fee, another time I was told it can't be in a motorhome/camper, and yet another time I was told no problem, add and remove as much as you like. So...... we have just left it subbed. It gets used probably about 2-3 times a month. Except during the winter. My in-laws actually use our motorhome/camper more than we do. The last time I used it, it was in the driveway :)

yeah for $5 a month it might just be easier if you use it that much. I thought maybe you used it a couple times a summer or something :)

I think after this summer/fall I will cancel it. I actually want to cancel Dish all together. We are down to the Top 60, locals and old HD Pack. But the darn "fees" are almost as much as the programming :-( And now with FTA, I am on G10 95% of the time, and watch locals the other 5%. Actually about 4%, and watch 1 or 2 things on Dish a week.

Iceberg said:
The digital channels have a level meter too (most of mine are between 84-91% on a 100 scale). Since its digital if it rains the signal may go down and out too.

But in the Dish area they said when you are on a OTA signal, the box actually isn't getting a sat signal at the time so I don't see why it wouldn't work (as long as you have a signal on OTA)

The signal doesn't fade because it's digital. The signal fades no matter if it is analog or digital.

I think if you don't have any SAT signals when you switch to SAT it will get stuck looking for signal and you can't go back to OTA.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
2 strong church channels on G4 at 15H and 16V.
Thanks Tracy.Stumbled on to G11 with the Coolsat.A bunch of Catholic stations.I gave up on analog because the receiver seems to be difficult to use.Five minutes after scanning and getting a great picture the skys opened up and I had to scramble with the help of my four & six year old to bring everthing in.Maybe later or tomorrow I can try again.

I have been playing with my newly set 6' offset dish. Hooked it up with original feed horn for c-band with a digital lnb, then tried with an offset corotor with a 30 degree lnb for c. got a few channels on both. since this was a gift dish and mover am waiting patiently (ok impatiently) for my cable to arrive so i can set it up right. All the skewing so far is my rotating the feedhorn manually. I am hoping for my cable delivery next week. but i would say so far it has been a productive week. Using a toshiba receiver with a vc II (also free)in it. can't wait to try it with my pansat 3500.

john green said:
Thanks Tracy.Stumbled on to G11 with the Coolsat.A bunch of Catholic stations.I gave up on analog because the receiver seems to be difficult to use.Five minutes after scanning and getting a great picture the skys opened up and I had to scramble with the help of my four & six year old to bring everthing in.Maybe later or tomorrow I can try again.

Boy have I been there and done that!. I pulled my truck into the yard near the dish when it looked like rain and ran power and the line from the LNB into the truck where I had the receivers and a 5 inch TV. Came in handy a couple times too!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)