Time again - Weekend Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
OK, I am out fussing with the dish...it is only 90 out with about equal hunidity. I am scanning as we speak. I am having problems finding the tp info on lyngsat. What section do you look in? I have 11794 H 2893 and 12223 H 19984 showing up so far. I am looking on lyngsat, but cant find it. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Any ideas? TIA!

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I did a V scan and came up with Shoppers, Learn 1, Learn 2, CARS GAI Data, AES Data - all nagra. So looking at lyngsat....... I can't find the tp #'s that the Fortec shows. Any ideas?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Holy crap is it hot out (even at 9:00 at night)

went out there to try something. Wanted to move a dish to the roof and move the Dish500 down. So I had that old cable spool and figured "lets try it"

went out and used the socket set to put in 8 bolts (damn its hot out)
got the dish 500 and dish300 for 61.5 ready (dang its hot out)
put the dishes on the mast to tune...nothing
did the old "move the dish 22 degrees higher to see what I'm looking it
bummer...roof is higher than dish...so can't so that
took it all down an hour later (did I mention it's hot out) :)

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Iceberg said:
Holy crap is it hot out (even at 9:00 at night)

went out there to try something. Wanted to move a dish to the roof and move the Dish500 down. So I had that old cable spool and figured "lets try it"

went out and used the socket set to put in 8 bolts (damn its hot out)
got the dish 500 and dish300 for 61.5 ready (dang its hot out)
put the dishes on the mast to tune...nothing
did the old "move the dish 22 degrees higher to see what I'm looking it
bummer...roof is higher than dish...so can't so that
took it all down an hour later (did I mention it's hot out) :)

Sounds like a real workout in this heat!

Is it hot tonight where you are?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
PSB said:
Sounds like a real workout in this heat!

Is it hot tonight where you are?

1/2 hour west of you? yeah. Its still hot here...too hot to even try to work with the new 621 C/KU LNB I got today :)

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Still 86º outside right (10:26pm) now and VERY humid!

Have fun with the new LNB, should see a difference on C-Band with the new BSC technology!

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
We are 86 in Waterloo, Iowa now too. Hunidity must be darn close to that! Hard to breath outside! Not sure if I will put post in hole with concrete tomorrow or not. I might even skip washing the car! The pool is almost too hot to swim in. It is approaching 90 in the pool! You know its hot when it is too hot to go swimming!

ghia

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
86 F @ 2:00 am in Dallas. Most of my outdoor projects have been put on hold until fall with the exception a bit of tree trimming. My dishes are on the roof and the shingles were very hot to the touch in April. I can't make myself climb up there now.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
Hey Ice, you have a BSC621-2 too ,I just got one on Friday to use with the 1.2m. You no doubt will have some tips I can use and I don't have the offset scalar.

Dave

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I had a minute last night to attach my bsc621 to my 36" P* dish. I should back up first.....I took a signal reading on IA6 Azteca channel and had a 75 signal with my .4 Fortec After attaching the bsc621 with and without the offset scalar ring, and after making all the skew, focal adjustments, I lost went down to a 60 signal......after playing with this bsc621 on a P* dish, a 5' mesh and a 10' mesh, I'm less than pleased with it's performance, especially on ku.

I am however not making a final judgment until I get ahold of a 1.2 solid and compare readings on that.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well, just got back from Home Depot and have a 6' 2 3/8" pipe and 2 bags of cement. Going to go out on the sunny side of my house and dig a hole and put the pipe in it. It's only 91 right now, so I will wear a lite jacket :)

Keith Brannen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 2, 2006
Southwestern Ontario
iafirebuff said:
UPDATE - Post in ground, 100lbs of cement in place. I lost 25 pounds due to sweat. :)

Now if that post had been something for the wife, it would have
been: "What? Are you kidding? In this heat? I'll die out there!"

The things we do for our hobby (addiction)!

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Keith Brannen said:
Now if that post had been something for the wife, it would have
been: "What? Are you kidding? In this heat? I'll die out there!"

The things we do for our hobby (addiction)!

so true!

I won't leave to go visit relatives because its too hot out but I'll spend an hour
outside fixing or tweaking a dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)