Time again - Weekend Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You mean the weekend is here already!I'M still working on last weekends project.Just Kidding, but I do intend to carry on with my 1.2 meter install as the dish is set up but I have a BSC621-2 and have to modify the current lnbf mount to accept the 621 and get it at the right F/D.
These days when I go out to the dish I take along the coolsat 5000 and a portable DVD player,has its own battery and use the external video input.I find its easier to see if its sunny and NOT very heavy.

Dave

I have seen the outside.....very impresive :) I bet the inside stuff is just as sweet! I will take pics of mine this weekend (maybe) :)

I'll be finishing up the last few touches on the FTA job I'm doing for a friend. The weather isn't too bad in Louisiana right now. We usually have a short afternoon shower which makes for a very enjoyable night of FTA work.

Tuesday I'll be swapping out the retarded U-Bolt mount with the correct pole mount bracket. I'm still kinda pissed that the U-Bolt mount came with the complete package instead of the pole mount like mine did about a year ago.

And I hate to say it but in true functionality and usage the Fortec Lifetime Ultra beats the Classic hands down. The classic has more pizzaz to the menus and look but the number one thing I hate is the it sits there with the screen locked up on "MOVING TO blah blah" for what feels like forever even though the dish only moved 2 degrees. When I end up doing the point on this thing I will definately be bringing my Lifetime Ultra to do the job instead of the Classic.

On a positive note I'm very impressed with the SG2100 motor, it looks and works a lot better than that cheap unit I got in my M1 package a year ago. I'm jealous!

Well I got a fabricated KU/C LNBF holder that I put together for the BSC621-2 to expeiment with now if you guys could give me a good TP on C band that I might use as a reference on a sat I can see like G11 or AMC3 or etc.
I'll probably get a pic of it later should be good for a Friday Funny.lol!!

Dave

Before I forget anyone with a BSC621-2 BE CAREFUL with the scalar ring that comes with the lnbf as it appears to be made of white metal.(broke a little piece out of mine where one of the bolts go to attach it to a mount.

Last edited:
Dave, can you see over to anik f1 (107.3 degrees)? If so try for ASN, 4060 v 28346
If you cant see that try for amc3, the tube at 4036 h 3679. I have heard from others that can be seen with a micro bud.

Good Luck :D

drhydro
Thanks for the info, I was out for a while tinkering but it started to get dark and unlike the rest of North America its cold today.This evening it was 50 deg F and only got up to about 60 odd today.
I did get the ASN tp and was 64% Q, could not pick it up on the coolsat 5000 as it likes Q of 64 and up.
PAS 9 which I never could get KU I get C band and several tps from 705 to 88%.IA5 I normally get 87% or so for the better tps on KU only show 66% with this KU/C lnbf so far.I will tweak for best KU as PSB sugested tomorrow if the weather permits.

Dave

Glad to be able to help :-D I am suprised that asn did not come in better, that is one of the strongest c band signals up there, with no sats close by to cause interference. At least you got some stuff off of PAS 9 and 707, I cant see 707 at all, and nothing east of amc6 till the leaves fall.

drhydro said:
Glad to be able to help :-D I am suprised that asn did not come in better, that is one of the strongest c band signals up there, with no sats close by to cause interference. At least you got some stuff off of PAS 9 and 707, I cant see 707 at all, and nothing east of amc6 till the leaves fall.

The LNBF support arms were meant for a KU type lnbf and would not allow me to move the scalar ring back far enough as they were in the way, so i cut out a piece of aluminum to spread the wide enough to allow the scalar ring to come back farther(also added some threaded rods for adjustments).
I' now thinking it may need to come back a little further so I will have to rig up another mount.
Here is a quick picture of the fabricated mount and can't do much but think about it now as it is pouring rain out.

Dave

Attachments

• Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 118
Hey Eastcoast, you're the one I've been waiting for. Thanks for your posts about a bsc621 and a 1.2m I'm suppose to get a 1.2 very soon and already have a bsc621. I'm very interested in how well you do on c/ku.....especially on the ku side. So far, I've tried the 621 on a 5' and 10' mesh dish, but the ku results haven't been good. I can still get a better signal on ku with my .4 Fortec ku lnb on a 36x26 P* dish..............I'll be reading your posts intently!

I keep going to home depot looking for either masts or something to move my dish. I can't decide whether or not I want it on my roof (very hard to go and tweak) or on a poll in the ground. I figure a 10 foot 2" steel poll dug 3 foot in should work well to hold up the dish. OR, I can spend money and get a 1.2m dish and then start looking at poll options.

And, if I am going to do a roof install, should I just go ahead with a 1.2m + motor?

I really liked working at ground level on my Primestar dish last week :) It is about 4' off the gound, and way easy to tweak ( I am 6' 4", so it is at the perfect level! I am going to try to do pole mounts from now on :)

I'll try and take a picture of an installation I did at my house (it was my house at the time-have since moved 3 times). A 10' mesh on a 30-foot piece of well-casing. Talk about 'trying to peak a dish'

Last edited:
Hi Sikma
Havn't got to play with my setup today yet as it has been raining and to agree with you so fay the KU lnbf has not performed nearly as well as my asc321(think thats the model).
But I still have to tinker and find the sweet spot, as PSB mentioned to first adjust for the KU and the C band should be ok too.
Sa my picture shows I don't have the offset scalar ring and not sure what that may do for me in this case.The dish spec I've seen says it is prime focus with an offset feed??
Anyhow I will post what happens.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVB on C-band

New to FTA world and looking for spanish channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)