Titanium's New Product....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Brian any movement on these questions....

On 103W, the NC-1 through NC-8 mux, 12080 H 30000, and on 91W, the NPR radio mux, 11913 V 2000

On the VU+ the NC-1 through NC-8 mux displays audio but no video. The NPR mux scans in but plays no audio.

We have posted threads in the VU forum about this but haven't received any response. I've tried several different images and it's the same for all of them, so I'm speculating it is a hardware issue.

The question at hand is if Titanium's new hardware rectifies the issues
As far as the vu+ goes the NC 1- 8 streams to a pc fine so that means the hardware is working but the codec for the display needs an udate and from what I have been told the Edision nino pro s2x plays those with no issue. The Edision mio should have the same codec so it should play them Too.We'll see and for the audio channels I don't think any Enigma2 receiver plays those but the hardware should support them just need codec or driver updates from the manufactures.

As far as the vu+ goes the NC 1- 8 streams to a pc fine so that means the hardware is working but the codec for the display needs an udate and from what I have been told the Edision nino pro s2x plays those with no issue. The Edision mio should have the same codec so it should play them Too.We'll see and for the audio channels I don't think any Enigma2 receiver plays those but the hardware should support them just need codec or driver updates from the manufactures.

This isn't about exporting TS streams; this is about the appliance itself exporting the correct video streams via HDMI. If anyone is going to spend a lot of money on this, it should be able to handle the most minimul of functions without potential future updates.

For what its worth, the Amiko HD.265 has no issues with any of these streams.

This isn't about exporting TS streams; this is about the appliance itself exporting the correct video streams via HDMI. If anyone is going to spend a lot of money on this, it should be able to handle the most minimul of functions without potential future updates.

For what its worth, the Amiko HD.265 has no issues with any of these streams.
The enigma2 OS is old and ready for a complete overhaul.That being said it is still a work in progress and it is just fun to be able to customize just about everything about it. Can you do that with the Amiko. Use the Amiko for those channels that don't work in enigma2 if you need to view them.I don't watch any of those channels or those audios because there is so much more to watch with the channels that do work and ATSC. Like they say use what works while it works because nothing last forever. Just have fun! Don't sweat the small stuff. Have you Priced a top of the line commercial FTA receiver lately? I'm happy with what I have for the money.These are low budget receivers we are looking at here.

Instead speculating on what if's, could be's, maybe's and don't knows... this request might be difficult, but how about a little patience? :)

Due to commitments to another project, I wasn't prepared to field any questions on the OS mio 4K until the STB was to be revealed next week. The cat is out of the bag, so I will do my best to answer these life altering questions as soon as possible... LOL!!!

The enigma2 OS is old and ready for a complete overhaul.That being said it is still a work in progress and it is just fun to be able to customize just about everything about it. Can you do that with the Amiko. Use the Amiko for those channels that don't work in enigma2 if you need to view them.I don't watch any of those channels or those audios because there is so much more to watch with the channels that do work and ATSC. Like they say use what works while it works because nothing last forever. Just have fun! Don't sweat the small stuff. Have you Priced a top of the line commercial FTA receiver lately? I'm happy with what I have for the money.These are low budget receivers we are looking at here.

Maybe you don't watch or listen to those channels, but I do.

Reactions: SDA_FL_USA
Brian any movement on these questions....

On 103W, the NC-1 through NC-8 mux, 12080 H 30000, and on 91W, the NPR radio mux, 11913 V 2000

On the VU+ the NC-1 through NC-8 mux displays audio but no video. The NPR mux scans in but plays no audio.

We have posted threads in the VU forum about this but haven't received any response. I've tried several different images and it's the same for all of them, so I'm speculating it is a hardware issue.

The question at hand is if Titanium's new hardware rectifies the issues

Running OpenATV: NC-1 through NC-8 have audio and video. No audio on NPR. Don't want to load another image as I am in the middle of capturing screen shots.

The factory units have cleared US customs, but are sitting in LA. Likely be a Monday delivery. :(

Will verify these channels on the factory production run stock using the OpenATV/OpenPLI/OpenVIX images and report prior to shipping.

Have a great weekend! :happydance

Running OpenATV: NC-1 through NC-8 have audio and video. No audio on NPR. Don't want to load another image as I am in the middle of capturing screen shots.

The factory units have cleared US customs, but are sitting in LA. Likely be a Monday delivery. :(

Will verify these channels on the factory production run stock using the OpenATV/OpenPLI/OpenVIX images and report prior to shipping.

Have a great weekend! :happydance

Maybe I need to try OpenATV on my VU+

Maybe I need to try OpenATV on my VU+
Thought you already had? Maybe start another thread specifically about receiving these channels on the VU+ Zero 4K? :)

I've tried several different images and it's the same for all of them, so I'm speculating it is a hardware issue.

Which images have you tried?

Did you report to the different team forums?

Did you provide a .ts file of the problematic mux for them to analyze?

Santa just dropped a shipment of OS mio 4k STBs by the office. Guess he didn't want to wait until Christmas! Orders will ship on December 26th. :biggrin

Merry Christmas
santa-claus.png

Very good new Brian
Can you please double check and make sure one of them has my name on it, lol
Thanks Again can't wait.
Regards.
Tunder

Great news. I don't plan to buy one, but it will be interesting to watch if anyone here is able to program any enhancements or new features.

Received a few emailed questions and thought that I would also post a few answers in the forum.

The OS mio 4K units that we received yesterday are not samples. These are from the production run and cases were expedited via DHL Express in advance of the main freight shipment. We are glad that we ordered ahead as the main shipment was slightly delayed and will be available mid January. :)

The OpenATV image was loaded at the factory and you may wish to update after initial set-up. A few other images are now in distribution that are incorporating significant changes to LNB / switch configuration and scanning / logging processes. If you don't have prior Enigma2 experience, I would suggest that you initially set-up and learn the E2 menus using the factory default load of OpenATV. Once you feel comfortable, maybe dual boot with another image group's build.

I will do my best to answer your questions in the FTA equipment support forum. Since I have only owned five E2 STBs, my experience is somewhat limited, but have had enough exposure to the products to recognize great hardware, a major leap in technology and in the OS! We will identify glitches, but I pledge to work with you, Edision and image development teams to improve the experience. With that said, the mio 4K hardware and E2 OS outperforms any other STB that I have ever tested... PERIOD!!! :)

Fortunately, the North American market has some pretty talented hobbyists contributing to the image development teams over many years and advancing the NA experience such as ATSC and EPG. A special shout out and thanks to those of you who have been maturing the E2 open source experience. Your contribution is shaping E2 into a great multimedia experience!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)