TNA Impact, PPV's discussion

From Wrestling News World:
The return segment of Desmonde Wolfe was edited out of the airing of last night's TNA Impact. During the taping for last night's show (which was taped on 12/10), Wolfe and Magnus hit the ring after Rob Terry vs. Douglas Williams, chasing AJ Styles and Terry away from Williams. Last night's show just featured Styles and Terry taking out Williams.

As of this writing I haven't heard the reason why Wolfe's return was edited out. Wolfe has been out months with an undisclosed ailment described to me as "career-threatening".

Bummer. Hopefully, next weeks show has Wolfe on it.

I SMELL AN AJ STLES FACE TURN AND AN ANDERSON OR MORGAN HELL TURN I BET ON ANDERSON HEEL TURN:)

Is Matt Hardy Now Free To Join TNA?, Former WWE Diva Offered Tryout
Posted by Daniel Pena on January 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM
– Former WWE talent Angela Fong (a/k/a Savannah) was asked yesterday on Twitter if she has had any contact with TNA Wrestling, to which she replied she had. The former WWE Diva revealed being offered a tryout by the organization in October.“I was offered a tryout in Oct, but I had to respectfully decline,” she wrote. “I was so busy at the time that I wouldn’t be able to commit fully…but never say never! You never know for the future.”
– Matt Hardy stated in a recent interview with Fanhouse.com that World Wrestling Entertainment released him from his contract two weeks before it was officially announced on WWE.com on Oct. 15. Providing he’s telling the truth, his ninety-day no-compete clause would have began during the first week of October and thus would be technically free to appear at Sunday’s TNA Genesis pay-per-view. However, one TNA source said there has been no indication that Hardy will be Immortal’s handpicked opponent against Rob Van Dam at the event.

THAT MAY BE A CHOICE FOR VAN DAM INTERESTING CHOICE I DONT KNOW ABOUT A GOOD MATCH THOUGH:)

From PWTorch:

TNA announced today an online ordering option for Sunday's Genesis PPV. TNA is still offering the PPV at the cable price of $34.95 for online viewing.

The "Internet PPV" option is only available in the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom. The PPV can be accessed through TNAOndemand.com on Sunday night.

I still get a kick out of watching this footage. Russo has to be thinking of a way to recreate this in TNA. I mean he does already have the NWO/Corporate Ministry ripoff in Immortal/Fortune. The guy still thinks that stuff that drew in the 90s can still draw today.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Prowrestling.net

Former "Jersey Shore" cast member Angelina Pivarnick is in negotiations with TNA, according to TMZ. The story states that Angelina hopes to have an actual match with Cookie, but the two sides have yet to finalize a deal. To read more on the story, visit TMZ.com.

Powell's POV: The JWoww angle led to a lot of publicity for TNA from websites such as TMZ. However, it didn't result in any significant ratings momentum for Impact.

Ugh. I hate all this "Jersey Shore" stuff. It's not like they gained anything by bringing "JWOW" in to have a catfight with "Cookie", so what makes them think that this will be any different? TNA is so frustrating.

yeah I heard Hardy brought his own title ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2007_0730McDonalds0023_A.jpg
    2007_0730McDonalds0023_A.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 164
Some more TNA news & notes:

- Following tonight's TNA Genesis pay-per-view broadcast, Mr. Anderson and referee Earl Hebner celebrated and played to the audience.

-- TNA will be taping episodes of iMPACT! and Xplosion Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

-- Nothing is official yet regarding the host city for Lockdown.

-- TNA Genesis was a trending worldwide topic tonight on Twitter. Matt Hardy, who debuted at the event, also trended, but only amongst U.K. users. Tyler Reks began trending worldwide immediately following Hardy's debut, apparently because Hardy's new look drew comparisons to the WWE star.

Source: rajah.com

TNA has to be happy about the twitter thing. Too bad it probably won't continue due to the problems that continue to plague the company.

Youtube video of Matt Hardy's debut. Not sure how long it'll stay up:

I love how TNA hypes it up like they just got a main event talent. He's a midcarder at best. Crappy entrance music too.

AJ Styles Injured & Will Be Out Of Action For 6-8 Weeks
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 3:19 pm
TNA star AJ Styles was forced to pull out of his match against Douglas Williams at Sunday’s Genesis pay-per-view due to injury and has provided an update on his health status. Styles wrote on Twitter.com/AJStylesOrg:
“I tore (my) hip flexor and hip labrum. I’ll be back wrestling real soon.”
Styles followed up with a timeframe of how long he’ll be out and says he will miss the company’s upcoming UK tour:
“I’ll be out 6 to 8 weeks hopefully and it if it doesn’t get better I’ll will have to have surgery.
Styles was replaced by Abyss on the pay-per-view. He came down to the ring during the Abyss vs. Williams match, hitting Williams with the TV Title belt. He appeared to be in a lot of pain during his brief appearance

Youtube video of Matt Hardy's debut. Not sure how long it'll stay up:

I love how TNA hypes it up like they just got a main event talent. He's a midcarder at best. Crappy entrance music too.

TNAS PPV SUCKED LAST NIGHT AND IM GLAD I SAW IT FOR FREE :)

another reason tna is going down hill they are doing another there coming group in 2 weeks we will see it for the 1/27/2011.fire russo and all of creative of tna and fire bischoff hogan and dixie carter :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)