TNA Impact, PPV's discussion

RVD Explains Why Pot Should Be Legalized
– Rob Van Dam explains everything there is to know about marijuana in the following video interview. The Impact Wrestling Superstar explains why marijuana should be legalized, its uses besides smoking, why the government is against it, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Morgan’s Cousin Shot & Killed On Monday
Michael Morgan Jr., the cousin of TNA star Matt Morgan, was shot and killed on Monday morning in New Jersey.Michael Morgan, a 32-year old police detective, was killed outside a nightclub as he was walking a dancer to her car. Morgan and the dancer were held up at gunpoint. The attack, which happened just after 3 a.m., ended with Morgan suffering a fatal gunshot wound to the torso.Matt Morgan acknowledged the death on his Twitter page on Tuesday.“Mike Morgan was a highly decorated cop, who was in (the) anti-gang division and Monday was to start SVU. Still can’t believe he got killed. Too young with HUGE career in front of him still.” “News said he’d gotten out of over 600 ‘guns drawn situations over his career in anti-gang without having to draw his own. That’s insanely impressive.”According to New Jersey’s NJ.com, police are offering a $25,000 reward for information that leads to the arrest of the shooter.As if this news isn’t bad enough, Matt Morgan also tweeted that his father is hospitalized because his brain cancer is “spreading rapidly.”We wish our sincere condolences to the Morgan family during this very difficult time.

– Rob Van Dam explains everything there is to know about marijuana in the following video interview. The Impact Wrestling Superstar explains why marijuana should be legalized, its uses besides smoking, why the government is against it, and more.

Is this why hes wearing glasses to hid his eyes? :D

Last edited:
Great! Now I want to spark up and listen to some Mountain!! I kid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Devon Comments On Potential Return To WWE, Online Critics
Devon appeared on Hit the Ropes with Shane Howard, Daris Brown and Demetrus Stokes. Highlights from the interview are as follows:On his contract with TNA and possible return to WWE: “The contract is still valid up until August; this coming August of next year. The fans on Twitter, Facebook, and in general, in the streets and at the house shows, a lot of the fans wanting Bubba and myself to return to the WWE because of the history we have there and what we’ve done and accomplish. I guess with the state of how the WWE is going now where you see a lot guys from our era, the Attitude Era, starting to make their way back slowly but surely, and not to mention they’ve been wanting that for a while, in terms of tag teams…. Could there be a chance we could be back in the WWE? Absolutely. Could there be a chance we stay in TNA? Absolutely.”
On those who say he may be past his prime: “I look at it this way, the only people I’ve heard this from are the people who sit behind computers and can be able to say what should and should not be in professional wrestling and try to call the shots. If that’s the case, they would be some type of writers; some type of personality within the company. As far as I’m concerned, the matches I’ve been having in the singles I’ve been loving it, the fans have been loving it….“Those people that are on the Internet writing what their writing, it doesn’t bother me. What would bother me would be the people in the arenas. And that’s what I go by…. If I lost a step, if I was grossly overweight, I can see them having a valid point. But when I’m in the ring with AJ, Samoa Joe, and Hernandez, and so forth and so on, and tearing the house down, it’s hard for me to want to be able to listen to those people who are behind the keyboards who are writing this and actually believe what they are saying….”Devon also comments on his sons doing amateur wrestling and wanting to be pro wrestlers, the female who played his wife in the storyline with The Pope, Team 3-D Academy, working in Japan, his most memorable matches, and more. The full interview can be accessed here. Episode 15: Interviews w/ TNA's Devon Dudley and WSU's Marti Belle

AJ Styles Talks Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, TNA’s Direction
Busted Open Interview: A.J. Styles
Hosts: Dave Lagreca and Doug Mortman
Busted Open can be heard Monday, Wednesday and Friday on Sirius 94 XM 208

Styles on Hulk Hogan: “If you want to see my take my hair and dye it all blonde, slick it back, and hang out with girls all the time, and you know, do that whole thing, and just totally just not be AJ at all, then you would’ve went with Hogan’s idea. To me, that was the same thing they did in WCW with the referee. I don’t know if you guys remember that, but that’s exactly what popped in my mind.

“I was like, ‘I’m not that guy, and I am AJ Styles. I’m not Ric Flair. I am who I am.’ I mean, just because he hasn’t been watching, doesn’t mean that a lot of people haven’t. They know who AJ Styles. I got to be honest man; I don’t think that I need to ride Ric Flair’s coat-tails to be the next great thing in wrestling. I mean, you gotta’ have storylines.

“You gotta’ have em’ or you can’t build up for the next big match. So, we all agree that you gotta’ have those storylines, but you gotta’ pick and choose which ones you’re gonna’ go after because people still want to see that wrestling. I know in Canada, they cut out most of the talking because they only have, I think they only have an hour of TV? I’m not sure exactly on that, but I know they cut out on a lot of the promos, but they’re watching all wrestling. You know, the Canadian fans are some of the hottest fans that we’ve got. So, we must be doing something right in that ring.

“I think that our guys are more than capable of telling great stories in that right; more than capable if given the opportunity, and the time in the ring. That’s what some guys think, that championship titles are props; that the ring is just a prop. I know that I enjoy personally the wrestling part, I really do. I love the physical atmosphere of what’s going on in a wrestling ring. I always say to people, “If you haven’t seen it live, see it live, and you can see how hard-hitting this really can be, and I take pride in that ring.”

Styles on Jeff Hardy: “Listen, I hope Jeff really comes back strong. I think that so far, so good. I think he’s doing great. He looks better. I mean, he just looks physically better. I think maybe having a baby girl has changed some things for him. I think the time that he had off was a good time to be off, but he’s still got a lot to prove in some fans’ eyes, and I think he’s more than capable of doing that, but time will tell. You know I said times have changed before, and they really have. I mean, we’re not the same kind of guys that were working in the ’80s; in the ’90s even.”

Styles on doing minimal interviews: “You know what, man? That’s not even a question for me (Laughs). That’s a question for Impact Wrestling. I don’t know why that is. I busted my butt for how many years now, but I’m not going to be a guy that’s gonna’ complain about every little thing. Yeah, sure, you know, there’s some stuff that I could say and mention, but that’s not who I am. That’s not what I do. I support my company, and whatever they think is best is…well, what we’ll do. I’m behind em’.”

Styles on the direction of TNA: “Don’t get me wrong,, we’re growing. There’s no doubt about that. We are growing, but…we want to grow more. I want us to have household names. I want us to be a household company that people say, ‘Oh, yeah, Impact Wrestling! I know exactly what that is.’ You know, not when we go through …security at the airport or immigration or whatnot where you hear, ‘Oh, oh like WWE?’ I don’t want to hear that. I want them to know exactly who we are. And the thing about us is we have our core crowd. It’s how do we get …our core crowd, our core fans…giving them something to talk about. That’s what we’ve got to give em’ like, ‘You’ve got to see this!’

“You know, that’s what we need. We’ll then get …more fans.. It’s not gonna’ work that way. We just need to make something more interesting to watch. It’s night and day. It’s great you know, going to The Impact Zone, but it’s phenomenal going outside of that, man, and really seeing what the crowd really thinks about you because that’s how you tell. I mean we’ve got a lot of fans that come, but we got a lotta’ tourists that come to The Impact Zone too where they really haven’t followed the story; they really don’t know what’s going on.

“They just know that there’s wrestling, but when you get out of that Impact Zone, you really get to see these fans who’ve watched weekly. …they will tell you what they wanna’ see. They’ll tell you who they wanna’ see, … They’ll tell you who they want them to be. You know what I’m sayin’? That’s what it’s all about! That’s who we have to listen to!”

Former Nexus Member at Impact, Gunner to Main Event, Turning Point Action
- Stan sent word that Sunday’s TNA Turning Point pay-per-view had 1 hour and 36 minutes of in-ring action, about the same as the previous pay-per-view.
- Jeff Hardy vs. Gunner, with Ric Flair in his corner, will be the main events of this coming weekend’s TNA live events in Mississippi. Other matches announced include Winter vs. Mickie James, Kid Kash vs. Brian Kendrick, Ink Inc. vs. Mexican America, Mr. Anderson vs. Daniels, Kazarian vs. The Pope and Devon vs. Robbie E. The rest of the TNA crew will be in South America for a tour.
- Former WWE Superstar and Nexus member Michael Tarver was backstage at last night’s TNA Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando.

Hogan Comments On Rock-RAW, Win Survivor Series Tickets
- Hulk Hogan was impressed by The Rock’s appearance on Monday’s WWE RAW. Hogan tweeted on Tuesday morning:
“The ROCK looked jacked,in perfect shape,dieted down and in the zone! He looks better than any wrestler/actor I’ve ever seen! total respect HH”

Angle On Whether He Will Return To WWE, Nash Leaving TNA

Posted on Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 2:09 pm
Tagged with Kevin Nash, Kurt Angle

“Sports Axxess” on PW 24/7 Radio with Kurt Angle
Hosts: Jerry Sorrentino, James Jefferson, and Joey Image
Full episode available at PW247radio.com

Kurt Angle on the hamstring injury he had to work through during his title defenses against Bobby Roode and James Storm: “I did have to be careful of the injury when I wrestled James Storm at the TV tapings. I gave it all I could, which was only one minute of wrestling. I’ve only missed nine days but now I’m back to Olympic form. It was just a slight tear in my hamstring but there was a lot of bleeding. The bleeding went all the way down my hamstring, down my calf, down my shin, all the way down to my foot. It was black and blue, but the injury wasn’t as bad as I thought it was. But now I’m back to training. I’ve done a lot of interviews and gotten a lot of attention for training for an Olympic comeback. My only obstacle is Jake Barter. He’s almost guaranteed to win a medal because he is that good. So if I beat him, USA wrestling wants to make sure I’m capable of winning a medal. So they want me to come out and train at Colorado Springs, and I’m going to do that. I think I have a great shot at making the team.”

On getting into MMA: “I’ve had a lot of talks with Dana White. While he’s denied the offers, Dana and I respect each other enough for us not to say exactly what was offered. The thing was, he wanted me to be ready in a short time and I couldn’t do that. I wanted months, he wanted weeks. We’re good friends and I hope he has great success. But you know what, he’s said some negative things about me in the press. I still love him to death. I did pass his physical, meaning I was ready for competition, but he wanted me to be ready in four to six weeks and I couldn’t do that. It’s impossible. There’s also the fact that I’m signed with TNA and Dana didn’t want anyone fighting for him and wrestling at the same time. So Dana White, God bless you. Whatever you say, I’ll respect that because I know you wanted me to fight for you and wanted me to be your guy.”

On Kevin Nash: “I love him to death. I know why he went to WWE. He wanted the carrot. He wanted that carrot they dangled in front of his face. But has the WWE used him the right way since he came back? No. Kevin should come back to TNA where they can use him the way he should be. WWE thinks he’s old and washed up but TNA doesn’t think that. TNA wants Kevin Nash. He is so gifted, talented, and popular. I want him back in TNA because he’s one of my best friends.”

On working in wrestling after retirement and potentially joining the WWE Hall of Fame: “If I end up in the Hall of Fame in the WWE, I don’t know if I’ll accept it. I love Vince McMahon. He made me a lot of money and was like a father figure to me. But Dixie Carter is my boss and I love her to death. So I don’t know what I’m going to do. I would like to say that I am not going back to the WWE. But Vince McMahon may offer me something when I retire and I’m done with TNA. But I’d also like to be part of creative or be an agent in TNA. Out of everyone in the world, I am the best at coming up with finishes. I would like to stay with TNA and do that. A lot of people ask if I’d go back if Vince wanted me for WrestleMania, and I don’t know the answer to that. But I know I am happy in TNA and I’d like to stay there.”

All this and much more can be heard in the full hour long interview with Kurt Angle. This interview, along with countless hours of other original pro-wrestling content, can be found exclusively and for free only on PW 24/7 Radio

Lashley & Former Diva Back in the Ring, TNA Star Gone?, Robbie E. News

Posted by Marc Middleton on November 16, 2011 at 6:41 AM

- Bobby Lashley will face TNA star Rob Terry at the Family Wrestling Entertainment show on December 17th at 3 Legged Studio in New York City. Charlie Haas vs. Eric Young and Jackie Gayda-Haas vs. Winter is also scheduled.

- TNA TV Champion Robbie E. recently filmed a commercial for Spike TV’s upcoming Video Game Awards.

- There are rumblings that TNA star Jesse Neal is on his way out of the company.

Women’s Wrestler Turns Down TNA Offer, Tara’s New Restaurant, New Movie with Stars
- TNA Knockout Tara will be opening a restaurant early next year in Lincoln Park, Chicago called “Tara’s Takeout and Comfort Food.”

- Current OVW Women’s Champion and former TNA Knockout Sojo Bolt said she recently turned down an offer to return to the company and doesn’t even watch Impact on TV anymore.

- A horror movie called “Death from Above” featuring several wrestlers is being shopped around for distribution. The movie stars Kurt Angle, Sid Vicious, Matt Morgan, James Storm, Rhino and ODB.

Who Came Up with Gail Kim’s Heel Turn?, Why She Returned to TNA
- TNA Knockouts Champion Gail Kim recently spoke with The Sun in the UK. Here are some highlights:
Her recent heel turn:“My first half of my career I was a heel. I then stayed a babyface for a long time, five or six years, and you always want to be refreshing, to have a change. I wanted to explore that. Vince Russo talked to me about it, and I said I was on the same wavelength.”
Returning to TNA: “It was easy because I had such a great experience the first time. The way the woman’s division is portrayed here – this is what I love to do. Be in the ring, and show what I can do in that ring. The division over here is so strong, and the girls are so talented. There is a great group of women here and I just wanted to be part of it and contribute.”

RVD Interested In Joining WWE?
– The official Twitter feed for the Power Slam wrestling magazine stated Thursday that a TNA wrestler is considering joining WWE.“Someone told me this week that Rob Van Dam is seriously considering a return to WWE,” wrote Findlay Martin, magazine editor.Van Dam performed for WWE from 2001 to 2007 before joining TNA Wrestling in 2010. Should RVD return to WWE, he would should join a select group of former WWE world champions—Booker T, Kevin Nash and Mick Foley—who joined TNA and ultimately returned to the Stamford based organization.

Hardy Still In Jail Following Arrest, Girlfriend Not Posting Bail
Reby Sky stated on her Formspring account that she is able to bail partner Matt Hardy out of jail following his arrest Friday night for violating a court order, but chooses not to at this time.Sky was asked Saturday if she would be posting bail that day and responded, “Let him sit there. And think. Hard.”She wrote Saturday night regarding his whereabouts, “I’m reading a lot of ridiculous things on the ‘dirtsheets’ tonight, so to clear things up: I could have bailed him out & did not. He’s still in jail. Have fun with that.”
She added, “He’s understandably upset but not angry – He knows he has no right to be at this point.” Hardy announced on September 19, 2011 that he was checking himself into a WWE-sponsored rehabilitation center for the next three months. It was later reported that entering rehab was one of the conditions for Hardy’s release from custody following his third arrest within a month. On Friday, Hardy was kicked out of a court-ordered rehab for failing a breathalyzer test. He was arrested for violating the court order when he returned to Moore County in North Carolina, and was booked into the Moore County Detention Center on a million dollar bond.

Carter To Be Inducted Into A Hall of Fame,Bischoff Calls A Fan “Mark”
– Women Superstars Uncensored announced during Saturday’s Breaking Barriers 2 internet pay-per-view that TNA Wrestling President Dixie Carter would be inducted into the WSU Hall of Fame next spring. She will be enshrined alongside Cindy Rogers, Jana and late journalist Georgiann Makropoulos.
– TNA Wrestling producer/personality Eric Bischoff published the following statement on Twitter regarding online critics and his son Garett: “If online critics were as smart as they like to think. They wouldn’t STILL be spelling Garett’s name wrong after all this time.” A user on the site responded, “Nobody cares about the Garett angle, which is probably why no-one spells it properly. Nepotism rides again. #DavidFlair” The TNA head wrote back, “Hmm…that would explain the consistently high ratings for it. MARK.”
– Angelina Love and Madison Rayne appear at Wrestling Universe 34-29 Francis Lewis Blvd. Flushing, New York on Sunday, December 4 from 2:00 p.m to 4:00 p.m. Visit WrestlingUniverseOnline.com for more information.

Top WWE Superstar Leaving Next Monday, TNA Very Interested
- John Morrison is finishing up with WWE and his final date will be next Monday’s RAW Supershow.Word going around is that TNA is very interested in bringing in Morrison and Melina as a couple. TNA is looking at making Morrison the star attraction of the X Division. No word yet if Morrison has spoke with TNA yet, directly or in-directly.
It’s said that Morrison wants out of WWE and the company wants him gone also

John Morrison Done With WWE Next Week, TNA Interested
After almost a decade with WWE, RAW superstar John Morrison’s days as a WWE superstar are almost over. His final scheduled appearance with WWE will be next Monday’s RAW Supershow.According a source, Morrison’s WWE contract actually expired over the summer – and he signed a short-term extension that is now up.Morrison has been unhappy with his role in WWE for quite some time – and the feeling is apparently mutual, with WWE not making much of an effort to keep the Prince of Parkour.Word going around is that TNA is very interested in bringing in Morrison and Melina as a couple. With his star power coming off a lengthy run in WWE, TNA would make Morrison the centerpiece of the company’s X-Division. No word yet if Morrison has spoke with TNA yet, directly or in-directly.At to whether Morrison would be interested in TNA, we’ve heard conflicting stories. Morrison has been dealing with nagging back and neck injuries and will likely take time off to heal.One reliable source said Morrison is interested in leaving the wrestling business entirely and getting into acting.We Want To Know: What do you think about Morrison leaving WWE? Did he reach his full John Morrison-TNA Update, Thanksgiving Impact Matches, Jarrett Storyline
- TNA is doing a storyline in Mexico’s AAA promotion where AAA Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett has put a 700,000 peso or $50,000 bounty on El Mesias. The first person going after the bounty will be TNA wrestler Gunner, on the November 26th show in Pachuca.
- As noted before, TNA is interested in John Morrison and Melina. TNA’s Bruce Prichard is said to be a big proponent of the couple but the belief among some if that Morrison will be taking time off to pursue non-wrestling entertainment work
potential – or could WWE have gotten much more out of him? Would he be a good fit in TNA?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts