Total Newbie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Doublearon77

Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
Emporia, KS
Hi Everybody.
I'm very interested in getting a FTV Satellite System but have no idea where to buy or what to buy. I know I need a total package dish, receiver etc.... I live in Emporia, KS south of Topeka and KC. I want HD and a DVR and would like to still use my OTA antenna. Not sure what is available but mostly interested in news, history, and basic tv shows. Please let me know what and where to buy.

Thank You Very Much,

Aaron

If you are looking for mostly north american, and english channels then you really need to go with a c-band setup, this would require at least a 6-8 foot dish or even bigger for better signal quality,

If you want ku-band channels this would require approximately a 36-48 inch dish, most ku-band channels are international channels, very few are north american or english language,

At the top of each page is a button for The List! If you read through that you will find a listing of which channels are on each satellite on KU band and C band. Choosing which band and satellite(s) you want to watch will determine what equipment you need. I watch KU band so for the most part I do not need HD. Note that my SD is better that my daughters HD from Dish Network. My RV was in her driveway and I ran a length of RG6 into her house for an A/B compare on her 6 foot TV.
That being said, FTA HD is way better than FTA SD - when the PROGRAM is really HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts