Transmitter trouble for station?

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Live in N GA, WELF shows on tv as 23.1-.5, been off air for 2 days now. They are TBN stations. Can't receive stations from either antenna. Transmitters only about 13 miles away. Maybe Trip might have some info if they have gone off air or license problems. Otherwise, just transmitter problems. No storms or anything last few days. All other ststions are fine. Thanks. Andy

Reactions: bobvick
As the key at the bottom of the graph says, it's a measure of signal strength, but there's nothing decoding. If it were signal, it would be more level, so it's noise.

- Trip

I don't recall seeing TBN in HD here in Albuquerque's TV market KNAT-DT rf ch. 24 has never broadcast in HD just 5 subchannel just for your information.:)

I don't recall seeing TBN in HD here in Albuquerque's TV market KNAT-DT rf ch. 24 has never broadcast in HD just 5 subchannel just for your information.:)
I was referring to the Roku app channels. I did double check last night. The TBN channels on the Roku app are all in HD..(or SD upconverted.) But yeah, all the OTA stations, 5 here, are all in SD. Even on cable here they are in SD, even the main TBN. Actually, Comcast only carries the main TBN station. They have others like EWTN, 3 ANGELS, etc. Funny thing is to get the other religious channels, you must subscribe to their highest tier (preferred) to get the rest. Weird. TBN is in limited basic, but all others are bundled in the high tier. That's ludicrous IMO

Do we know that WTCI hasn't moved to 35? Whatever the case my suggestion stands, has he done a rescan.

They can't have moved to post-repack channel 28 because it would conflict with WTCI on 29.
What's going to change as part of the repack that makes channel adjacency possible afterwards but not now? I recall that you assured me that adjacency wouldn't be a problem but now you're calling it a "conflict". Is it because they're part of a transmitter swap?

I'm keenly interested as some of the more powerful channels in my area will be adjacent -- most notably my ABC and CBS affiliates.

In this specific case, nothing. WELF is moving from 16 to 28 and WTCI from 29 to 35, so there will be no adjacency between the two of them when all is said and done. WELF cannot move from 16 to 28 until WTCI moves from 29 to 35.

In the case of KOIN and KATU, they're co-located. Co-located stations with similar antenna patterns and power levels can easily be adjacent. There are countless examples of that nationwide.

- Trip

In the case of KOIN and KATU, they're co-located. Co-located stations with similar antenna patterns and power levels can easily be adjacent.
You left that condition out of your explanation. One might logically wonder why LA's KTTV and KCOP are separated by an LP channel given that they're co-located and have a very similar power and antenna patterns.

Do we know that WTCI hasn't moved to 35? Whatever the case my suggestion stands, has he done a rescan.
In checking the frequency list under my tv menus guide, WTCI is still in 29. Otherwise, it would show new channel and frequency. WELF is back, on 16, and WNGH has not moved to low vhf per the repack move. The earliest these changes any of the channels, including WDSI, and WFLI, WDEF, will not start moving to new channels until 2nd quarter to late quarter in the next 2 years. They are being staggered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)