2-28-2017
Stats: Linkbox 9000i iptvhd
Titanium Asc1
Titanium LNBF
Geosatpro switch
10' mesh dish
sat range on the east coast of Florida is
from Galaxy 14 125 degrees to Intelsat 21 58 degrees

I don't know how to keep theses Google adds out of my message.
This is a question I have about transponders.
Example: Galaxy19 97 degrees W.
The program I am curious about is called "Grit".
On Lyngsat and Sathint, Grit shows as being on
3940 H 30000. Now Galaxy 19 has about 6 to 12 strong
transponders at level 98. I find that different
transponders bring in different programs. Is That True???

Also does the time of day you do your scanning make any
difference??????

End result of the different transponders I have tried on
Galaxy 19 do NOT bring in Grit. I used to get a ton of
stuff on this bird.
Confusion abounds......
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,
Jack Shankle
djsjpsfl@gmail.com

Do a blind scan. Just make sure you choose scan all instead of just fta. The channels you are talking about are labeled scrambled but come in.

Time of day doesn't much matter except for feeds. Grit, Escape, Justice,and Laff are still on 97W @ 3940/H/30000.
First, try a blind scan first, set to ALL channels.

If that doesn't find Grit, do a single transponder scan on 3940/H/30000

Post back if you still don't find it. There could be other issues.

EDIT: I left Bounce of the list on 3940/H/30000. Shame on me.:oops:

Last edited:
Do a blind scan. Just make sure you choose scan all instead of just fta. The channels you are talking about are labeled scrambled but come in.
I would change that to do a transponder scan of 3940 H 30000 and tell it to search for all. Reason i say that is if you do a blind scan of all TP then you have a bunch of stuff to remove after a blind scan. If there is ever anything false flagged youll read about it in the whats up there thread. If you want to just scan to see if anything is false flagged I always use a different receiver and not the one i use to every day viewing. Just my 2 cents.

I've never used a Linkbox so I don't know how easy it is to get rid of channels. The boxes I use the Amico and Az , it is easy to get rid of unwanted channels.

If you don't blind scan... you never know what you might be missing. ;)
It's easy to delete what you don't want afterwards.Not that many channels on 97W C band anyway. Now 97 ku is a different story.lol

Reactions: hank123 and bigg t
its not too bad, but if you already know those are the only channels that are false flagged why bother taking the extra time to delete channels. Generally if i reset my receiver when scanning in 97w I generally manually scan in 3940 H 30000 all forst then blindscan fta second saving me a little more time.

2-28-2017

Stats: Linkbox 9000i iptvhd
Titanium Asc1
Titanium LNBF
Geosatpro switch
sat range on the east coast of Florida is
from Galaxy 14 125 degrees to Intelsat 21 58 degrees

This is a question I have about transponders.
Example: Galaxy19 97 degrees W.
The program I am curious about is called "Grit".
On Lyngsat and Sathint, Grit shows as being on
3940 H 30000. Now Galaxy 19 has about 6 to 12 strong
transponders at level 98. I find that different
transponders bring in different programs. Is That True???
I changed to search for "ALL".
I did a single search for 3940 H 30000 and nothing came
in. Guess they have moved Grit to another bird......

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,
Jack Shankle
djsjpsfl@gmail.com

Yes, each transponder has different channels. Some transponders have a single channel and other transponders have multiple channels. Sometimes only a few of the channels on a transponder will be unscrambled.

What is the Signal Quality reading when you have transponder 3940 H 30000 selected in the Transponder menu screen? Does the Signal Quality reading instantly lock when you change from another transponder to 3940 H 30000 or is it slow to lock?

I set it to scan for "ALL".
Nothing shows on 3940 H 30000.
Grit is also on AMC9 supposedly in the clear and there is no signal there either.
Must only work at night I guess.

If no Signal Quality reading is displayed on 3940 H 30000, it will not log any channels during any type of scan. The transponder must lock and display a good Signal Quality reading for the receiver to scan any channels.

Grit is also on 83w (AMC9) and broadcasts 24/7. Transponder 4145 H 4150

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.
I added the transponder 4145 H 4150 on AMC9 (83w) as directed by Titanium.
I get about 30 channels with a decent signal level on AMC9.
Grit however is flaky. It sometimes shows "No Signal" or "Freezes"
or gets streaks through it. I have tried the buttons on the Titanium
ASC1 remote "+"/"-" and they didn't seem to help. But I must say I
really don't know how to use those buttons.

Sounds like the Signal Quality reading is low on Grit. The Signal Quality may be high enough on other transponders to provide good picture quality, but not adequate for the transponder carrying Grit. The dish or the feedhorn may not be optimized.

+ and - buttons are only used to adjust the polarity skew on feedhorns with servo motors. With LNBFs, these buttons have no function.

1. When the receiver is on Grit channel, press the 9000i remote Info button to display the signal quality meter. What is the Signal Quality reading on this channel?

2. If the East button is tapped 5 or 6 times (moving the dish 5 or 6 steps East of the saved position), does the Signal Quality reading increase or decrease?

3. If the West button is tapped 5 or 6 times (moving the dish 5 or 6 steps West of the saved position), does the Signal Quality reading increase or decrease?

If East or West step movement increases the Signal Quality Reading for Grit, Save this new optimized position. If the Signal Quality Reading does not increase on Grit, the dish or feedhorn may require adjust to optimize.

Reactions: bigg t
Thank you Brian.
The problem is now fixed. As you directed I added 4145 H 4150 to
AMC9 W. Last time I looked I had Grit at number 1 and it was coming
in badly. For some reason I went down the rest of the list and found
another Grit. The Linkbox had a Grit on 4143 H 4150 messing things
up. I deleted this transponder and am now getting 30 channals on AMC9.
:)

Reactions: Titanium
Something I like to do on my GeoSat Pro Micro HD is add a "TEST" satellite for example "TEST C-Band" and do not assign a location to it. Then at any time I want to blind scan an orbital location to see what is on a certain satellite I can scan without actually making any changes to the stored satellite, transponders, and channels for that location. Then afterwards all I do is delete all the transponders for the "TEST" satellite.

Reactions: Titanium
Thanks BigRyan for responding.
So you position the dish to where you want to scan and then add the
"Test C Band" to the Antenna Screen or Search Screen (talking LinkBox
jargon). This should give a list of everything at that location. Have I
read you correctly??

Thanks BigRyan for responding.
So you position the dish to where you want to scan and then add the
"Test C Band" to the Antenna Screen or Search Screen (talking LinkBox
jargon). This should give a list of everything at that location. Have I
read you correctly??
I added the "TEST C-Band" satellite without a motor location. That way if I am on say "Galaxy19" and I go to "TEST C-Band" the dish doesn't actually move because "TEST C-Band" does not have a location. Sometimes I just use the Vbox to move the dish to a stored location then scan the stored location on the "TEST C-Band" satellite. I added two TEST satellites "TEST C-Band" set to 5150 MHz and port 1 and "TEST Ku-Band" set to 10750 MHz and port 2. This way the receiver settings are correct for either band but the dish wont move to these fake satellites. I just move the dish manually (with the Vbox remote) or change from a real one to the TEST to scan the real one without changing the stored information.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts