Two Hoppers...overkill?

Started with one hopper and two joeys and quickly found out that 2 hoppers were needed from the start. So now we have two and it works great. My wife and I are on opposite schedules. She is on 12 hour shifts , 4 on and 4 off and I work 8 hours shifts Mon- Friday. So we are rarely home at the same time for very long. So she uses her hopper for her shows and I use the other for mine. We have are own PTAT folders that we can watch when we want too. I usually end up watching all my shows by the end of the week end. We used to share a 722k and I had to create a separate folder for VIEWED shows and transfer all the shows I watched to that folder , so she could watch when she got ready to view. Now there are no more conflicts or deleted shows and arguments. Plus having two hoppers is a back up in case one is down ,you still have tv.

Via Zach/Mary...set up for install Wed. AM. 1H/2J. More than confident it will fit my needs. IF I want another H, will only cost the going rate. 10 years+ tenure has it's perks. Looking forward to "getting with the program".

KAB said:
Via Zach/Mary...set up for install Wed. AM. 1H/2J. More than confident it will fit my needs. IF I want another H, will only cost the going rate. 10 years+ tenure has it's perks. Looking forward to "getting with the program".

Sounds good friend, hopefully a quick and easy install for you so that you may have little delay in your hoppings. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Enjoy the new system!

With two hoppers and one Joey and using PIP I have ran out of tuners twice during prime time.
Plus if one Hopper breaks, they have hards drives and are like computers, if one breaks you can still watch tv while they send a replacement which could take up to 5 days if it breaks on a Friday afternoon.
Can you go five days with out tv?

Same 1H/2J setup and same install appointment scheduled for this Wednesday...Hopefully we'll both have a cool new setup by the end of the day! :)

With two hoppers and one Joey and using PIP I have ran out of tuners twice during prime time.
Plus if one Hopper breaks, they have hards drives and are like computers, if one breaks you can still watch tv while they send a replacement which could take up to 5 days if it breaks on a Friday afternoon.
Can you go five days with out tv?

10/4, Captain Buzz Kill.:rolleyes:

Instead of a Happy Turkey Day, it'll be a Happy Hopper Day for you.

Many are getting Hoppers. What was so perky for yours? Seems like a real perk would be 2H/1J. :) And, I'm not harshin' your buzz.

You should only need 1 hopper. Too bad Dish didn't get this right and the fact of the matter is that most people really need 2.

You've never figured it out? Dish has made the same piece of hardware serve both simple households and complex households, not to mention the myriad of advantages that come from 2 boxes. Even if most people need 2, which I doubt, it still makes sense.

For what you pay for TV today you shouldn't have to deal with the nonsense of only 3 tuners in a household. It might work if you were living alone. Might.

It's not worth the frustration if you had one hopper and 4 people in the house. Maybe half your stuff would get recorded.
I know if I had listened to the somewhat misleading advertisements of the system and simply didn't know how it really worked and had it installed with one hopper, there would be a hopper and 3 Joeys on my sidewalk for dish to come get that evening.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

Seems like everyone else knows the OPs viewing habits and needs more than he does. He is sure to be badly disappointed. :D

People that say 3 tuners is bad for 4 users. Well yes it is, but 5 tuners isn't exactly great either for 4 users. So each user gets 1.25 tuners... Big whoop. At least with 2 Hoppers you get 6 (and no, non-DVR tuners do NOT count. No trick play? No recording? Useless.) Also, Dish has made it pretty cheap for people to upgrade to 2 Hoppers so the argument about the tuner amount of tuners is moot now. Only us power users would need more than 6 for the most part (especially considering PTAT,) and if you can afford it you can get a third Hopper for 9 tuners. To me the upfront expense is worth it to buy the third Hopper for the better technology. Also, with the new OTA dongle, you can now add anywhere from 1-3 more tuners now.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Yeah Directv shot themselves in the foot with the slave style boxes too. Kinda kills the deal with some of the limitations it brings.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts