U502 has blown up OTA...again.

At the risk of being wrong, again, I am reporting that I have not had any OTA/Joey problems for two or three days, and recordings from two different nights have been fine.

Reactions: charlesrshell
At the risk of being wrong, again, I am reporting that I have not had any OTA/Joey problems for two or three days, and recordings from two different nights have been fine.

Same here...partially. I record three programs on the same channel every night. One has been fine two still bad. Go figure.

Haven't been here for a while. Came back to see if anyone else was having OTA problems. Glad to see that I'm not alone.

In my situation OTA channels are fine on the H3 but not on my 2 J2's. I've been noticing this for a while now when watching the channels live. Haven't tried any recordings. I would assume they would be the same.

Reactions: OrangeandBlue33
Same here...partially. I record three programs on the same channel every night. One has been fine two still bad. Go figure.
An update. Everything still all good with watching OTA on Joeys. Several recordings over weekend OK. But, one recording at 4am this morning had spurts of blocking, but no audio blips. Could have been station problem. Will try another tonight.
Other strange thing. Two of my OTA recordings over the weekend were two back to back episodes. They were normally accessible on Hopper. But WJ could not find the two shows inside the folder...progress bar just kept cycling. I deleted the folder, intending to try restoring one at a time. BUT, the WJ showed there was no Trash. Went to the Hopper...there they were. A head real scratch-er! Yes, I did reboot WJ.

Last edited:
Haven't been here for a while. Came back to see if anyone else was having OTA problems. Glad to see that I'm not alone.

In my situation OTA channels are fine on the H3 but not on my 2 J2's. I've been noticing this for a while now when watching the channels live. Haven't tried any recordings. I would assume they would be the same.

I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Hopper 3 that is less than a year old with the single OTA adapter. The channels play fine on the Hopper itself, but I have video/audio breakup on my 3 Joeys.

Been having problems for about a month. In my case I get audio dropouts every few seconds like clockwork with a little blocking of the video on my Joey 4K, on the Hopper 3 and regular joey it works fine. I have not tried to record anything and watch on Joey 4K.

For me video and audio playback problems still occur when watching recorded programs direct from the H3 or Joey. No problems when watching when broadcast.

Reactions: Cypresstree
The problem was gone for (for me) about 4 or 5 days. Got about 6 problem free recordings.I thought maybe they fixed it. But as of yesterday, it was back.

That has to make it fun for Dish to track down a cause if it's coming and going like this. I don't routinely record OTA stuff too much but I have seen some issues myself. At first, I would have blamed it on a low signal but mine doesn't really fluctuate plus I'm ~8 miles from the towers with a small outdoor antenna. My signal strength is 100 on ALL stations.

That has to make it fun for Dish to track down a cause if it's coming and going like this. I don't routinely record OTA stuff too much but I have seen some issues myself. At first, I would have blamed it on a low signal but mine doesn't really fluctuate plus I'm ~8 miles from the towers with a small outdoor antenna. My signal strength is 100 on ALL stations.
Yeh, I climbed up in my attic to adjust the antenna. Futile effort, it turned out.

Has Dish acknowledged anything at all related to this ? Even a "yes, we're aware of it" ? That doesn't mean they are fixing or even will fix it, admittedly....

I’m still seeing the OTA corruption on my H3. It ruined my recording of the US Grand Prix a few weeks back. Good thing I also recorded the tape-delayed program of NBCSN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts