Unbelievable MLB Package Deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ughh, I have not called back on it lately. I would like to get it, just have accepted that I can not. Hopefully, when ST rolls around!!!!!!

mmmason, I just called the number (been a directv customer for exactly 4 days) and was told it is only for "good standing customers" but they at least did pull up my account before rejecting me (which is more than I got last time I called on Tuesday)

I was afraid of that. Looks like I'll stay with dish for the time being. But if they don't have my locals in HD by fall I'm out

Why dont you just call the regular number and see what new customer promotions they are running now. Quite possible that you can get a deal that is comparable to what is offered through this special number.

I did call the number, they were offering the same deal advertised on the web. Free HD dvr and HD receiver, the 24 or 29 off for the first year and 12 off the second year. Then I asked if there was anything they could add to get me to leave dish early, and the offered 5 more off a month for the first year. I didn't specifically ask for MLB.

I'm not sure how this deal works. I have been with Directv since 1994 and have an account in very good standing and have had various sports packages thru the years. I was told that I was not eligible for this deal. Not sure what the qualifier is......;)

I did call the number, they were offering the same deal advertised on the web. Free HD dvr and HD receiver, the 24 or 29 off for the first year and 12 off the second year. Then I asked if there was anything they could add to get me to leave dish early, and the offered 5 more off a month for the first year. I didn't specifically ask for MLB.

I would ask for a deal with MLB. Might not get it, but it wont hurt to ask. I will say that, like Dish, it sometimes depends on who you talk to. Several times in the past, I have been denied a deal, only to call back in an hour (or day), talk to someone else, and get exactly what I was asking for.

Finally got it after almost 45 mins on the phone. Called the number in the first post and they told me I wasn't eligible right off the bat, so I decided to call the regular customer service number for DIRECTV and spent almost 40 of those 45 mins with the rep telling her what the deal was and having her look for it. She put me on hold a few times and finally said it was an outside promotion and that she couldn't add it to my account. She switched me over to another dept and they told me I needed to call the 800-814-7419 number and said they could add it there. At that point I figured I was toast as they had already declined me at that phone number, but I called the number for the second time and she added it in about 5 mins.

If you fail with the original number, try calling the regular customer service number as I think they flagged the account for eligibility on the deal, although that is just a guess on my part.

I had just brought my account out of 6 mos suspension specifically because it was baseball season and I was looking for a deal on MLBEI, so this was quite fortuitous, thanks to the original poster.

Is this only for existing customers? Have any new customers been able to get this deal?

I attempted to get this deal(or something similar) when I switched to D* last week. I was working the reps hard for something regarding MLB, but nothing! Hey, they got me anyways, so I suppose they did a good job, right?

I tried two times, trying by using a sob story about paying an ETF for dish. I tried playing up their rivalry but neither of them would budge

For whatever reason DirecTV started charging me for the Showtime and Starz for this whole deal. I will have to call them up and ask them why because I should not be getting billed for it considering I have Starz + Showtime free for the 3 months. After that its a continuation of the regular package + MLB EI.

For whatever reason DirecTV started charging me for the Showtime and Starz for this whole deal. I will have to call them up and ask them why because I should not be getting billed for it considering I have Starz + Showtime free for the 3 months. After that its a continuation of the regular package + MLB EI.
Don't feel bad, I'm getting charged $63.99 and $24. This is supposed to be credited every month on the 12th.
Guess what 2 phone calls later , still no credits. I'm getting pissed.:rant:
55 minutes on the phone, and I was told I should be Getting a Credit of $63.99 and $24 within 24 hours.
He claimed his supervisor stepped out, But they will take care of it.:rolleyes:

Yea right.:rant:

This may have something to do with those who are not being correctly billed. Then again it may not.

For the last 10 months I have paperless billing with auto pay ( credit card).

Today, I went online to view my last statement and received the following message “ We’re sorry. Due to limitations on your account , you cannot enroll to view bills online. You will continue to receive your DIRECTV paper bill. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000.

I called. Directv knows customers are not able to view statements online. They are working on it and I should be able to view my statements online by this coming Tuesday.

So far I have been billed correctly. The April statement had a $24 credit for Showtime and Starz and a $63.99 credit for Choice Xtra 3 Mo Discount w/MLB.

My bill for May was $59.65 So, I know I received the credits for Showtime, Starz and MLB Extra Innings.

I wonder how wide spread the billing errors are with this deal?

A credit of $87 is supposted to be applied on May 12th is what the D* CSR claimed.
He Claimed the credit wasn't Applied and he is not sure why. He said June and July 12th I will get my credits.
Thats BS.

So for Mays Bill I get to pay $153.26

Thanks D*:rolleyes:

He also insisted he can not apply credits manually.:rant:

So now what? Wait untill June 12th and not get my credits again?
WTF!

STONECOLD Whats going on in the D* billing department?

I want to speak to an american this time too.

This may have something to do with those who are not being correctly billed. Then again it may not.

For the last 10 months I have paperless billing with auto pay ( credit card).

Today, I went online to view my last statement and received the following message “ We’re sorry. Due to limitations on your account , you cannot enroll to view bills online. You will continue to receive your DIRECTV paper bill. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000.

I called. Directv knows customers are not able to view statements online. They are working on it and I should be able to view my statements online by this coming Tuesday.

So far I have been billed correctly. The April statement had a $24 credit for Showtime and Starz and a $63.99 credit for Choice Xtra 3 Mo Discount w/MLB.

My bill for May was $59.65 So, I know I received the credits for Showtime, Starz and MLB Extra Innings.

I wonder how wide spread the billing errors are with this deal?

I have the same 2 credits - $24 and $63.99 - but I'm curious how your bill is only $59.65, the MLBEI 3-pay is $59.99 by itself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)