Unusual hardware, but a good find??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally!

After a number of scheduling conflicts and weather events, I finally got my hands on some of the goods.

Here are a few pics. First the dish:

dish_1_8_front.jpg
dish_1_8_rear.jpg

It is indeed a 6' (1.8m) Prodelin. Let me tell you, it looks much smaller from the ground! The non-pen mount will be a project for another day. I can't imagine what it weighs, so some disassembly will be required.

Here is the RFU/ODU:
rfu_odu_front.jpg
rfu_odu_rear.jpg

Here is the Pulsat Server:
pulsat.jpg

I pulled it from service, but haven't cracked it open yet. The dish directly connected to this unit with a larger coaxial connector, and then a more normal piece of coax connected to the Project Genesis SAT input.

Here is the Project Genesis box:
genesis_front.jpg
genesis_rear.jpg

This is a PC running Open Linux, with a Win-TV Nova S card, DVR functionality, and an RF modulator. It also has a specialized card that accepts multiple keypads for training. On the rear panel, second from the right, is the SAT input on the Nova S card.

Here is the Hauppauge Win-TV Nova-S card.
sat_card.jpg

The non-pen mount and all those concrete blocks have to come down, so more to come!

You got some real nice stuff there, kestep. :up

That rx/tx unit appears to be the same one that came on my Prodelin 1.2m. I never really tried to use the rx portion (I put a Techsat TrackerII on that dish) but it would probably work for linear FTA.

That rx/tx unit appears to be the same one that came on my Prodelin 1.2m. I never really tried to use the rx portion FTA.

2X on that. I've been trying to convert the feedhorn and wave guide into an ortho mode, but it's still a project in progress. B)

You got some real nice stuff there, kestep. :up

That rx/tx unit appears to be the same one that came on my Prodelin 1.2m. I never really tried to use the rx portion (I put a Techsat TrackerII on that dish) but it would probably work for linear FTA.

Thanks. I'm going to gather all of the part numbers and find out what I can about these goodies.

Unless I'm mistaken, the dish was aimed at 97W (Galaxy 19?).

I may try for another one a few miles away, but that may be greedy ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)