Unusual hardware, but a good find??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally!

After a number of scheduling conflicts and weather events, I finally got my hands on some of the goods.

Here are a few pics. First the dish:

dish_1_8_front.jpg
dish_1_8_rear.jpg

It is indeed a 6' (1.8m) Prodelin. Let me tell you, it looks much smaller from the ground! The non-pen mount will be a project for another day. I can't imagine what it weighs, so some disassembly will be required.

Here is the RFU/ODU:
rfu_odu_front.jpg
rfu_odu_rear.jpg

Here is the Pulsat Server:
pulsat.jpg

I pulled it from service, but haven't cracked it open yet. The dish directly connected to this unit with a larger coaxial connector, and then a more normal piece of coax connected to the Project Genesis SAT input.

Here is the Project Genesis box:
genesis_front.jpg
genesis_rear.jpg

This is a PC running Open Linux, with a Win-TV Nova S card, DVR functionality, and an RF modulator. It also has a specialized card that accepts multiple keypads for training. On the rear panel, second from the right, is the SAT input on the Nova S card.

Here is the Hauppauge Win-TV Nova-S card.
sat_card.jpg

The non-pen mount and all those concrete blocks have to come down, so more to come!

You got some real nice stuff there, kestep. :up

That rx/tx unit appears to be the same one that came on my Prodelin 1.2m. I never really tried to use the rx portion (I put a Techsat TrackerII on that dish) but it would probably work for linear FTA.

That rx/tx unit appears to be the same one that came on my Prodelin 1.2m. I never really tried to use the rx portion FTA.

2X on that. I've been trying to convert the feedhorn and wave guide into an ortho mode, but it's still a project in progress. B)

You got some real nice stuff there, kestep. :up

That rx/tx unit appears to be the same one that came on my Prodelin 1.2m. I never really tried to use the rx portion (I put a Techsat TrackerII on that dish) but it would probably work for linear FTA.

Thanks. I'm going to gather all of the part numbers and find out what I can about these goodies.

Unless I'm mistaken, the dish was aimed at 97W (Galaxy 19?).

I may try for another one a few miles away, but that may be greedy ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)